World’s Tiniest Puppy Celebrates National Puppy Day

Born from an orphaned Dachshund Mom, this puppy (named Beyoncé!!!) has cheated death several times already, and is SERIOUSLY celebrating National Puppy Day today:

Comments

1. Cute. Sweet. Definitely NOT sad!

2. May pup have a long, happy, healthy life full of tail wags and belly rubs. I volunteer for the latter!

3. I wish I lived closer to that shelter so I could adopt her!
    I would spoil her rotten!

4. PorkRoll says:

Did I hear the female anchor howling in approval for Beyonce?

5. Starfish says:

So wait, it’s been National Puppy Day pretty much ALL day… and I’m just hearing about this NOW?

Where have I been? *baroos*

6. fleurdamour says:

iPup!

7. cellarmouse says:

i wonder if i’m still in the lounge…i kinda find this bewilderment familiar (and not unpleasant)…it’s like bein’ a little kid & not understanding why the grown-ups do what they do…but you have faith it’s for yer own good…

8. There’s a yap for that.

9. cellarmouse says:

well, i was sent to the lounge for saying “happy national puppy day”…somebody might ‘splain why…

10. cellarmouse says:

my mommy would appreciate that i am not expressing my frustation with a temper tantrum…

11. Bonus Corgi in the shot!

12. mumofbubba says:

Happy Puppy Day, tiny little sweetheart. You are loved.

13. bob drummond says:

Looks like someone giving someone else a puppy on a (plastic) silver platter ! I almost wish I was on the receiving end !!

14. Megumi's Mom says:

I don’t know about “cheating death” more likely Beyonce is just REAAALLLY good at chess. (or twister…) and cute probably helps too.

15. dachshund or chihauahahuahahuahahua?

not that it matters, but we have to order the right iams

16. yay!

17. @ fleurd’amour – Hon you got there before me – I wanted to put iPup – she’s the cutest little thing and that was the first thought that came to mind – a neat way of showing she is so tiny. I loved the way the other dogs cam to greet and “inspect” the arrivals. Showing friendliness – they too are loved – and it shows.

18. Alice Shortcake says:

I don’t own a cell phone. Now I want to get one just in case a mini-pup might feel the urge to lie on it.

19. Andi from NC says:

Oh my goodness – thank you sweet rescuers for giving this pup a chance. She’s beautiful and seems to be doing great. **grabby hands**

20. hmstracylee says:

I can’t believe I missed National Puppeh Day…
    so sad :(

21. Personally, I think maybe Yahtzee would be more fun..but that’s just me…

22. *grab, munch, run*

23. that looks more like a chihuahua to me.

24. Fird Birfle says:

YAY, seconded!

25. Fird Birfle says:

Plus, it sure is fun to mangle the word “chihooahooahooahooa” !!!!

26. Fird Birfle says:

WOW I’m NOT the only hooman, hoo hasn’t felt compelled to organize ma vie around a cellphone spycamera nuclear reactor gadget???

*is reassured*

27. Alice Shortcake says:

You are not alone, Fird Birfle, but we may be the last of a dying breed.

28. I have 2 dachsies. I believe these are a mix of chihuahua & dachshund.
    What a cutie… my heart went kerplunk.

29. skippymom says:

I have one (a hand-me-down from a relative), but I don’t use it, never have it turned on and don’t know how to retrieve messages.
    I’m amazed at how people seem never to be able to go anywhere in cars or on foot without having their phones clapped to their heads. How many people are there to talk to and how much is there to say to be talking to somebody ALL the time?

30. cellarmouse says:

gosh, i tried to tell ya…i kept gettin’ bounced into the lounge…

31. cellarmouse says:

not my fault, dadgummit…

32. cellarmouse says:

so what happens?…

33. They’re… chiweenies?

34. *Sooths, cellarmouse*;
    We know, sweetie, you did your bestest. It’s not your fault the evil Mod Lounge eated you up.
    *waves clenched fist in direction of ‘under-construction’ Mod Lounge.*

35. skippymom says:

So, when is National Kitten Day, hmmm?

36. This bebbeh is so angelic-looking, you almost expect teeney-tineey angel wings to sprout and waft the sweet liddol goggie up to the ceiling……!!! :lol:

37. Just tell us not to post anything except cutsie-pie words and statements if that’s all you ever want for comments. I love this website and look at it daily (and have supported the advertisers and let them know I do), but if I can’t even say that I think Beyonce is a bad name for the puppy as it is intended without your Cute Overlords deleting my non-hostile observation, please make sure to tell us a very clear policy. Incidentally, if you’re trying to avoid trolls and such, fine, but make sure to be even-handed then and keep the “prayer” and “god” talk posts out as well. I’ve seen those on here, which isn’t very fair.

38. Now you MUST know that EVERY day is kitten day!

To all the other lounge lizards: I’m on permanent lounge sentencing, it seems, and it’s not so bad! Really!

39. erm, from what I know about cats, everyday?!? Non?

40. pssst… that’s the secret! get yourself into moderation and it’s a completely alternate reality, filled with cheese and pie and friends and pinochle and jokes–oh, the jokes!– well, come back soon.

41. here is the very clear policy: contribute to the discussion. your observation was, in fact, so hostile and off-topic that i deleted it without a blink.

42. Megumi's Mom says:

Seventh Seal… it’s Plague so yeah, Death wins.

Bill and Ted’s Bogus Adventure… If I remember right, Bill and Ted keep winning so it bounces from game to game, but somehow (it’s been a long time) it turns into a tour of the afterlife. (I should just go check IMDB)

43. Megumi's Mom says:

and here I go messing up the title: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101452/

44. Megumi's Mom says:

In my bizarre brain: I interpreted Beyonce as being named after a semi famous (well on the internet) metal chicken sculpture that resulted in some spectacular humor.

Even though I’m well aware of the singer/celebrity with the same name, she wasn’t the first Beyonce to come to mind.

Totally a non-issue. (cats are named after a character in an anime, and a legendary/historical wizard… so y’know, nothing wrong with naming an adorable wee canine after a fabulous singer.)

45. Fird Birfle says:

*high-fives both skippymom and Alice*

46. dahahas?

47. I have a cell phone that I carry strictly for emergencies (i.e., the car breaks down). Aside from that, I never turn the thing on. I had occasion to send my very first text message about 2 weeks ago – it was 3 words and it took me 10 minutes to figure out how to do it. LOL

48. Yay for The Bloggess reference! I too first thought of Beyonce the metal chicken when I first read about this tiny puplet.

I lurve it when my favorite Internet worlds collide!

(BTW, this is Zippy here. I had to comment via my Twitter account)

49. the metal chicken story is one of the best stories in the world.

50. smallthunder says:

I think that they’re called “chidoxies” — not sure. What I have right now, however, is definitely a dachsador (dachshund-labrador mix).

Pronounced sorta like “Ambassador” … only not.
    ;)