Me and My Lizard

Sitting on the windowsill
Me and my lizard
Each other’s what we hang on to

And when it’s twelve o’clock,
We snuggle and share,
We never talk,
It’s all in our stare

Just me and my lizard
Snorgling is what we do

Fave Frame ™

Most of us might wonder what these two have in common. Monika A. sees they have tails, nails and love.

Comments

1. D’awwww….. right up there with the puppy and otter… or the piggies and the puppy… or, or…

2. And now I refuse to do anything more during the day, I will just play this clip over and over again.

3. Cat Lover says:

That’s adorable! Stunning cat.

4. This is fantastic. What a sweet pair.

5. Sooo, I’m guessing the kitty is Puppet and the lizard is Puff . . . :P

6. Alice Shortcake says:

Coming soon to a windowsill near you:

Hot mammal on reptile action!

Millions of years of divergent evolution COULD NOT KEEP THEM APART!!!

7. Alice Shortcake says:

Oooh, I’m in the Mod Lounge. And who ate the last red velvet cupcake?

8. cellarmouse says:

lizard don’t care…he just loves him some sun…

9. 260Oakley says:

… the magic bearded dragon?
    P.S. You’re welcome to the earworm.

10. They share a very deep appreciation for the joys of sitting in the sun, on a windowsill. I imagine the kitty saying, “He just . . . GETS me, you know?”

11. That is very sweet. Lizard probably likes the kitty’s warm, kitty likes the slightly scaley skin of the lizard. It’s a win win.

12. OMGGGGGGG!

13. Wut Sweeties!!!!

14. Robin Kiesel says:

I thought in the beginning that Puff was a stuffed animal! This is incredible!

Each of these things is not like the other
    And each of these things are kinda the same…….

15. Gah! 260!!!! now its in my head….I need to find another earworm. Finds this is the song that doesn’t end.

Theresa- it would be funny if it were the other way around :)

16. *wipes crumbs off face*….what EVER could you be talking about :)

17. That’s adorable–thanks for sharing!

18. True, true. Simply a wonderful partnership!

19. They were delicious with milk! Not that I’d know from experience or anything…

20. Shhhh Berg! They’ll be onto us!

21. Now that’s a friend worth having, you get love and exfoliating at the same time!

22. Fird Birfle says:

Any Harry Nilsson recognition, out there in CO-land??

23. victoreia says:

8-O I thought that was a stuffed lizard! *picks up jaw from floor*

24. victoreia says:

Moderation? Because I have to pick up my jaw? Or because I thought the lizard was……st*ffed?

25. “We’ve got a gorilla for sale,
    Magilla Gorilla for sale . . .” You’re welcome. :D

26. Did I see the lizard mouthing “Help me!”?

27. Lizard must be related to the honey badger.

28. JLAmusings says:

Heck yeah! I loved “The Point” as a kid.

29. Remind me never to buy a(nother) fur coat sight unseen from a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend. It’s so disturbing when they don’t remove the head.

30. You may not think a lizard is a cuddly animal. I sure didn’t. But my daughter always loved them and once she befriended a man in a wheelchair who took his lizard everywhere. That sweet man and his lizard buddy were precious together! And his lizard always had the same look of bliss as Puff does. Lizards rule!

31. Who doesn’t enjoy a good basking session? And the lizard is all scratchy. Purfect for rubbing itchy spots against.

32. earlybird1 says:

As a youtube commenter so adeptly put it, “they are both solar-powered.” Haw!

33. “Millions of years of divergent evolution COULD NOT KEEP THEM APART!!!”

*laughsnort*

34. Suzy's Mom says:

I have a bearded dragon. I was thinking about getting a cat, but I was afraid it would want to eat her, but maybe they could be friends!

35. I think they love each other almost as much as they’re loving that sun ray!

36. I get the impression that the cat:lizard relationship is roughly equivalent to a me:cat relationship.

Cat: Oh, Puff, I love you so much! You are so rough and scratchy, it feels so good when I rub against you! And you enjoy the sun as much as me! Maybe more so! Can we be besties forever?

Lizard: Eh, you’re warm, I guess. You can stick around. For now.

37. <> … thanks!

38. for some reason it left out my comment in between the brackets … “spits iced coffee all over keyboard” … thanks!

39. Indeed!

40. Now I have the “Me and My Llama” song from Sesame Street stuck in my head.

41. I second that, Alessia :D

42. monkeylover2 says:

its waiting fr one daywhen ts meaty enough it will attack!!!!!!!!!!! XP