Made to Measure

There once was a hero named Pip

Who rode into town on a finger tip.

Listen, all you Ladies and Gents

I’ll rule the world inch by inch

Just as long as I don’t lose my grip!

Carol B. says she released Ms. Teeny McTiniest back into the wild after this photo.

1. The very essence of “Ehn! Ehn! Ehn!” :D

2. machstem says:

That sounds eerily like the noises coming from under our sheets…

3. Hey, there’s a long, noble history of “Ehn!” on CO.

4. Mary (the first) says:

I almost couldn’t figure out what it was at first! OMG the tiniest of all time!

5. I’m the inch of the world!!

6. biscuithead says:

“What’s a cubit?”
    Am I the only one thinking of of God’s conversation with Noah, as told by Bill Cosby?

7. victoreia says:

First thing I heard when I read that!

(“Am I on Candid Camera?”)

8. victoreia says:

9. Me too! We used to listen to that album over and over when we were kids a hundred years ago. Then we would walk around the house going “Right…what’s a cubit?” Ha ha. such a fun memory.

10. Earworm, earworm,
    Taking up my mental space,
    Sentimental, catchy tune,
    You’ll probably go far.

11. LOL I was just going to post the inch worm song.. My favorite song.

12. Mr. DressUp used to sing this song, too. I guess it will always be one of my favorites.

13. Wow, now that’s a “not-even-an-inch” worm!

14. LisaLassie says:

I believe this would be more like a millimeter worm

15. LisaLassie says:

I’m in the Mod Lounge! apparently “mililmeter” is a bad word in this country. Luckily, someone left some red velvet cake and tea for me. Thank you.

16. Oh my goodness! Between this and the teeny tiny mantis I saw on the Daily Squee….so cute for bugs!

17. Centimeter Worm?

18. A cubit is the distance from the point of one’s elbow to the tip of one’s longest finger. IN the ancient world, this was a very logical measure for a carpenter, boatbuilder, or architect to use. Of course, every carpenter, boatbuilder and architect’s cubit was a little bit different. Historians and classicists generally just call it 18 inches.

And they said my liberal arts degree was worthless.

19. Fird Birfle says:

eeeeez teeeeeny tiiiiiiiiny und cute, too !!!!

20. I once made my husband stop the car so I could release a Teeny McTiniest inch worm. I am a weirdo. Truth.

21. chocochoco says:

This is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen :)