Made to Measure

There once was a hero named Pip

Who rode into town on a finger tip.

Listen, all you Ladies and Gents

I’ll rule the world inch by inch

Just as long as I don’t lose my grip!

Carol B. says she released Ms. Teeny McTiniest back into the wild after this photo.

Comments

1. The very essence of “Ehn! Ehn! Ehn!” :D

2. Mary (the first) says:

I almost couldn’t figure out what it was at first! OMG the tiniest of all time!

3. I’m the inch of the world!!

4. biscuithead says:

“What’s a cubit?”
    Am I the only one thinking of of God’s conversation with Noah, as told by Bill Cosby?

5. Me too! We used to listen to that album over and over when we were kids a hundred years ago. Then we would walk around the house going “Right…what’s a cubit?” Ha ha. such a fun memory.

6. victoreia says:

First thing I heard when I read that!

(“Am I on Candid Camera?”)

7. Earworm, earworm,
    Taking up my mental space,
    Sentimental, catchy tune,
    You’ll probably go far.

8. Mr. DressUp used to sing this song, too. I guess it will always be one of my favorites.

9. Wow, now that’s a “not-even-an-inch” worm!

10. LisaLassie says:

I believe this would be more like a millimeter worm

11. LisaLassie says:

I’m in the Mod Lounge! apparently “mililmeter” is a bad word in this country. Luckily, someone left some red velvet cake and tea for me. Thank you.

12. Oh my goodness! Between this and the teeny tiny mantis I saw on the Daily Squee….so cute for bugs!

13. victoreia says:

14. Centimeter Worm?

15. A cubit is the distance from the point of one’s elbow to the tip of one’s longest finger. IN the ancient world, this was a very logical measure for a carpenter, boatbuilder, or architect to use. Of course, every carpenter, boatbuilder and architect’s cubit was a little bit different. Historians and classicists generally just call it 18 inches.

And they said my liberal arts degree was worthless.

16. machstem says:

That sounds eerily like the noises coming from under our sheets…

17. Hey, there’s a long, noble history of “Ehn!” on CO.

18. Fird Birfle says:

eeeeez teeeeeny tiiiiiiiiny und cute, too !!!!

19. LOL I was just going to post the inch worm song.. My favorite song.

20. I once made my husband stop the car so I could release a Teeny McTiniest inch worm. I am a weirdo. Truth.

21. chocochoco says:

This is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen :)