Internal Dialogue of Three Squirrels

Gary (the middle one): Hey! Frank! She’s putting a pecan pie on the windowsill. Frank! I can’t believe it! I can smell it from here, Frank!

Sam (the one on the left): I know. It looks like a good one. Could you let go of me?

Ashley (the one on the right): I will make that pie mine own. First I will climb up this tree, scurry across the telephone wire and drop down, like I’m Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible. Then I’m gonna eat that pie.

These squirrels are delightful, Giles Gonthier.

1. ooh how delightful…
    they’ll be pie eyed suuun.

2. yes delightful. one suspects they’ll be pie eyed soooooon.

3. errrggg, wordpress confownding meh

4. Wait, who’s Frank? :P

5. Fird Birfle says:

OMGawrsh, ye’re so right, Th.
    We have an Invisible Skwyrl Mystery!!

6. skippymom says:

Gary, as well as being prone to invading others’ personal space, has an annoying habit of calling everyone Frank.

7. HAW!

8. victoreia says:

9. Frank is Sam’s identical twin brother standing just offscreen, obvy.

10. Fird Birfle says:

“Hi, I’m Sam.
    This is my brother Frank.
    This is my other brother, Gary .”

*shifty eyes*

11. Mary (the first) says:

My first thought too: “Which one is Frank??”

12. They’re all wearing tiny headsets. Frank is the brains behind the operation sitting in an observation van in safe distance.

13. *headslap*

14. victoreia says:

(Or, if you’re an NCIS fan, *Gibbs-slap*)

15. 6rabbits says:

Yea, NCIS!!! Fond of the “Gibbs-slap,” but esp. fond of Mark Harmon. :-)

16. 260Oakley says:

Time for Operation Pie-Row-Mania! Assume your crust-stations!

17. Oh no you di’unt!

18. Oh sure! They’re all very cute right now, but wait until they become covered with pecan pie syrup and you find them stuck to the outside of your windows. The horror!

19. 3D window decals–sounds good to me! That’s a nice image you painted there, jujube.

20. *curtseys while trying to get the squirrels off of the windows with a hose and a squeegee*

21. Fird Birfle says:

I think it’s a Skwyrl version of thees:

22. The triplets of Pieville.

23. the one on the right is all “mwwaa ha ha ha ha!!” evil finger tenting!

24. They would be nuts to not try to get the pie.

25. Fird Birfle says:

NICELY DONE!!!! :)

26. The mighty Squee-Force strikes again…

27. mmmmmmmmmm!!!!!! fresh home made pecan pieeeeeeeeee………………..
    (toddles of to the kitchen glassy eyed)

28. Skwerls really are adorable–the floofy tail makes all the difference.

Perfect story line, Crazy Pants, but like Theresa et al, I also want to know who Frank is.

29. Fird Birfle says:

Shall we have a Commentroversy over who calls it “Pecaaaaahn Pie” and
    who calls it “Peeeee-kan Pahy” ?????

30. Martha in Washington says:

I’m originally from Kentucky and always said Puh-CAHN. When I moved to Charleston, SC, I was politely told that it was PEE-can. Now, it depends on where I am and how quickly someone is willing to get me a piece of pie!

31. More Charleston Dandies!

32. I call it PEEE-Can pie. My aunt in Austin calls it Puh-CAHN PAH.

33. Robin Kiesel says:

Definitely Pecaaaahn pie,which is on a beautiful porcelain dish on a lovely lace placemat on a royal red damask tablecloth and is eaten daintily with a gold fork and ones pinkie extended

34. … in a salaaaaahn in Chacaaaahgo?

35. Serious and in-depth research (by myself) shows that it drives “peeeeee-kan people” nuts when you say pecaaaaaahn

36. hmstracylee says:

of course it does. because it’s incorrect.

37. Mary (the first) says:

No, it’s because the “peeeee-kan” people are already nuts. “Pecaahn” is clearly correct. :D

38. Fird Birfle says:

39. hmstracylee says:

oh no you di-unt!

40. hmstracylee says:

ugghhh y’all seriously… it’s peee-can pah.

how is this even a question?

41. I doan’ care what y’all call it, as long as AH get a slice!

42. Ali-Baba says:

I second that emotion! As long as there’s a dab of freshly made heavy whipping cream on the side….it helps cut the syrupy goodness of a properly made Karo syrup pecan pie! :-)

43. I think Frank is Crazy Pants secret crush it’s what we call a Freudian slip. ;-)

44. skippymom says:

45. HEEE!!!!

46. The last one really does look like she has a diabolical plan hatching.

47. I can easily imagine her rubbing her front feet together while plotting her strategy…

48. That’s what I was thinking too. The paws look dainty but are clearly itching to pie-nap.

49. Clearly plotting. Looking at that pic and reading your comments I’m hearing the Mission Impossible themesong in my head.

50. Speaking of Mission Impossible, we’ve been watching the TV series on Netflix–you know, the one from the 1960s. I had no idea Leonard Nimoy was on that show…

51. bob drummond says:

Neither did I — until I actually saw him on 0ne or two episodes as reruns years later ! By the way , leonard Nimoy was also on the TV western Broken Arrow too !!

52. M Goodwin says:

This picture is not of squirrels…..they are chipmunks…..

53. Nope, this is a chipmunk:

54. kitty freek says:

Shiiiiiirley, Gary is saying,
    “Go, Frank, go and rescue the pah.”
    And little Ashley is praying sooo hard for Sam’s safe, safe return.
    Gary meeeans Sam, of course, but he’s been watching that silly Youtube clip of a marmot calling his friends. It MADE him say Frank.