Hurray For Bedtime!

Nothing like a good night's sleep in a big ole comfy bed. Can you turn off the lamp?

Is Bessie a cat or a rocket, Nathan L.?

Comments

1. Jazz paws! Very Bob Fuzze.

2. WOW!!!!!!!!

3. Incoming kitty :lol:

4. Rudolf Mew-reyev does a grand pas de chat

(OK so that’s not what a grand pas de chat really looks like, but work with me here)

5. scarletgunn says:

what’s that pink stuff on the comforter? is it something gross? *worried face

6. Mary (the first) says:

(works for me!)

7. Mary (the first) says:

I love, love, love Bessie’s markings! And her “joie de vivre”!

8. Mary (the first) says:

Looks to me like someone got clumsy with the lipstick at some point…

9. It’s probably fingernail polish… ask me how I know… :-(

10. Some of us are looking at the fingernail polish, but the rest of us are looking at the stars (jazz paws)

11. Up! Up! And awayyyy!!!! It’s Superkitty!

12. Am I the only one thinking “Snoopy”?

13. She soars through the air with the greatest of ease,
    The dashing young cat on the flying trapeze-
    She’s stretched-out and furry and knows how to please
    With Cute Overload expertise!

14. oaklandcat says:

I love that ridge of fur down the center of kitteh bellies :D

15. oaklandcat says:

good call.

16. Robin Kiesel says:

She’s an angel-kitty!

17. Ali-Baba says:

18. victoreia says:

This is the picture next to the definition of “joie de vivre”!!

19. Not a rocket, Bessie is a rock-cat!

20. 6rabbits says:

Truly exceptional photo!

21. I really want to know the back story behind this.

22. YOWZA 8O

23. PS Or should I say YEEEEEEEEEHAAAA!

24. Release the Kracken !!!!

25. Release the Katzen!

26. Could be spilled pop or juice. I’ve got a similar stain on my bed from Sunkist.

27. I love the wrist spots.

28. No!! Don’t turn out the light!!!I’m afraid of the dark.

29. Kari Callin says:

“Catnip, take me AWAY!”

30. victoreia says:

My grandfather used to sing that to me when I was knee-high to a grasshopper.

31. victoreia says:

She got an extra dose of pixie dust! (Must have gotten some good tuna, for that happy thought…..)

32. Brilliant! Lol!

33. Spectacular!

Joyful, fun and a little mysterious too. ;D

34. The Original Jane says:

Yup, someone just learned how to fly. Next it will be off to Neverland.

35. Hyacinth says:

I once had wallpaper like that, only it was blue…

36. emmberrann says:

Perhaps eet eez la joie de dormir. Rememehring Mon M. Picky eet eez dormir, mais certainement!

37. Cat says “Suck it Criss Angel! THIS is how to levitate!!!

38. SlaveToCat says:

YEAAA!!! We’re going to Kitty World for spring break.

39. And the tum spot too–it’s almost diamond shaped! This is one of the best photos EVER.

40. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

I don’t want to steal Theresa’s HAW! so I’ll say HEE!

41. Yay! Bedtime on a human bed is the best!
    Bella and DiDi

42. Love the comforter pattern, love the kittah pattern, too.

43. “I’m walking on sunshine…oooh, oh!”
    :D

44. skippymom says:

What, no nuffing about the cruelty of tossing a cat in the air? I’m almost disappointed, ha ha.
    This is THE most awesomest picture I have ever seen today.

45. ScoutsMom says:

I think this is how my little Ponyboy feels when I get out of bed after a long night’s sleep. “Yay, someone to feed me and play with me and chase me and give me lots of attention.”

46. Me too. Yes, very Snoopy-like.

47. I was thinking that there might be a disclosure that no one was hurt in the production of this photo, but this would be a mood killer.

48. On the right, just over the headboard: is that the shadow of kitty’s head and ears I see???

49. Doesn’t look like a tossed kitty to me. I suspect that just above the frame, there’s some kind of dangling cat toy–maybe the ‘fish pole’ type toy, ideally with a feather on the end.

50. Oh! Oh! Oh! And then between the main part of the headboard and the pole: is that the shadow of the kitty’s TAIL???

51. Am I the only one who was thinking, “BONZAII!!!!!!” ?

52. We have some action photos like this of our cat Henry from when he was young (he’s about 11 and a half now). He had this fluffy ball with pieces of foil in it, and his favorite activity was for one of us to throw that ball in the air so he could jump after it. His goal was to catch it with his front paws and put it in his mouth before he landed. It amazed me how high he could jump–and still does sometimes, although nowhere near as often as he used to.

We got some decent shots of Henry jumping, but nothing this good. Go, Bessie, go!

53. As did my dad! Love those dads and grandfathers..

54. I confess: this is the way I feel about my bed and getting to sleep in it after a looong day/week.

55. yoyoyo dat so funny! but wut up wif da bed (i forgot da technical term)

56. bob drummond says:

i THOUGHT Neverland closed down due to bankruptsy !!

57. bob drummond says:

Send ‘em in Berg, send ‘em in !!!

58. bob drummond says:

HOUSTON WE HAVE LIFT – OFF !!!!!!!!

59. I’m not sure. My guess is that it is a tiny bit of feather from the cat wand toy that we use to play with Bessie.

60. thanks!

61. Hi Kar,
    Bessie loves the feather wand. There is a little step stool leading up to the bed. If i wiggle the wand on the bed (it has a bell) she will come running from the hallway up the step stool and launch on the bed up in the air after the wand. That’s what you’re seeing here.

62. Yeah, this is pure play. Bessie launches her self I have a whole series of pictures of her jumping after the wand.