Whippet! Whippet Good!

When a ball gets tossed around… You must whippet!
It will hardly touch the ground… With this whippet!
It will never get away… From this whippet!

Now whippet good!

Comments

1. Huge yard, huge ball, small dog.

2. earlybird1 says:

Best volleyball player I’ve seen in a long time! :)

3. What a talent!

4. Love the bank shot off the tree.

5. aaaaggghh!! I love eet!!

6. What a smart pup!

7. Happy, happy goggie. I loff eet.

8. Another FANTASTIC pet name to file away for a future pup … or, heh-heh, a horse!

9. Simply awesome!

I bet the pup gets quite upset if the ball goes over the fence. I can just picture it waiting impatiently while its owner retrieves the ball: “Come on, what’s taking you so long?!”

10. Go forward.
    Move ahead.
    Try to deflect it.
    It’s not too late
    for this whippet.
    Whippet good.

(Shouldn’t that be a red ball, though?)

11. P.S. If I ever get a whippet, I’d have to name her Devo.

12. I love the different games that dogs play. I was working with one of our shelter dogs last week and tried to teach him fetch. His version of the game was that I threw the tennis ball. He ran over to where the ball landed, stood over it and barked. Apparently he thinks the game is “help the stupid human find the ball.”

13. Strange! I got an awesome Maru vid instead of a whippet!

14. tracylee says:

Always wanted a whippet named Devo :)

15. He doesn’t need anybody he can have fun all by himself.
    Just him and his ball.

16. I HAVE a whippet, but we didn’t she was one when we got her or that would have been her name. Or Deva, since she’s a girl… :)

17. I’m pretty sure that “fetch” is just a dog’s way of saying “Human! You dropped this! I am bringing it back to you!” until they’re tired and then it’s like “This is the last time. Don’t drop it again or I am not going to go get it!”

18. I think you’re right. But it was so funny to see him running over and then just standing there and barking. At one point I heard laughter and saw that a group of kids on a field trip were watching the game.

19. His name is RADISH?? :lol:

20. Fird Birfle says:

Dun dun dun dun DA
    (to the melody of The Song)

21. yeh, totally!!

22. Chris Christian says:

I LOVE WHIPPETS! Including my beautiful Meggie.

23. I have a T-shirt with a picture of a whippet, wearing one of those red flower-pot hats that the Devo boys used to wear, with the slogan “Whippet Good”. Even though at the time I got it, my brother’s young whippet was anything *but* good. More of a “whippet of mass destruction” sort of puppy.

24. Awesome game of ball there
    Thats not a full bred whippet though- its gotta be half whippet half german shepard.
    We have a whippet and have been around lots of them.

Ours doesn’t quite play like that- if it doesnt squeak she couldn’t care less.

25. I was thinking of this too – I can just imagine a barooing whippet staring at the green ball on the other side of the fence…

26. I love whippets! More whippets please.

Also, awesome use of the tree at one point in there.

27. bob drummond says:

He may be small (?) but he ‘s big enough to get the job done !!!

28. Sorry to disappoint, but Radish certainly is a pure bred whippet., and very accomplished is other sports too. She just likes to play ball.

J

29. Joanne Stewart says:

Don’t let the fact that her ears stand up confuse you. Not all whippets have “perfect” ears. In fact, Radish thinks hers are perfect the way they are!

30. WendyPinNJ says:

If only my dog could do that with a ball, and I had a yard that big, a lot of my problems would be solved!!!