THIS JUST IN: Piglet Checks In

A hotel in Honolulu got an unusual guest last week: A lost and lonely piglet named Pukalani. According to the Hawaiian Humane Society, Pukalani just wandered into the hotel lobby, but nobody knows how she got there. Since she’ll grow pretty big, the Humane Society hopes to find her a foster home with lots of space.

Just steer me clear of the luau, that's all I ask.
Photo credit: Hawaiian Humane Society. Story by

1. 260Oakley says:

2. Fird Birfle says:

3. :)

4. Mahoglo!

5. *Snort!* :D

6. I don’t think he needs a ‘boop’ so much as a ‘squish’ on that schnozzle

7. 260Oakley says:

Why did the pig wander into a Hawaiian hotel? He was hoping to get lei-d, of course.

(I apologize. I couldn’t help my 8 year-old self.)

8. I’ll be shocked 8O at that just as soon as I stop laughing :lol:
    … nope haven’t stopped yet :lol:

9. Baby piggy showed a lot of Poi-se walking in the hotel lobby.

10. Is that his tongue or lower lip that sticking out? We need an enhance! We demand it! Of course if they kept him as a mascot they’d have to change their luau policies just the Peabody and their duck dishes.

11. I think it’s a tongue!

12. skippymom says:

At least she was able to tell them her name!

13. I thought the same thing!
    Wee tiny piglet walks in and looks waaaay up at enormous concierge desk . . .
    “Hello, concierge! My name is Pukalani and I am a lost and lonely piglet. Would you please help me?”

14. Oh yes that was my first thought too! That and the adorabulness that is the teeniest tongue tip peeking out from under the schnozzle.

15. I have this image of her handing a folded note from her teeny cloven hoof to the concierge. What a little cutie, and what kind hotel staff to help her out! Sounds like she wandered into just the right hotel.

16. “The name Pukalani comes from the Hawaiian words “puka” meaning small hole and “lani” meaning sky” according to I’d already convinced myself it meant “pretty eyelashes” :)

17. Fird Birfle says:

Now I want to get a baby giraffe and name her Pukalani :)

18. pinkmariposa says:

I want to nom on her but that seems so wrong!~sigh~

19. cellarmouse says:

i know parts of hawaii are plagued by introduced feral pigs (well, i guess they weren’t feral when they were introduced), but i thought they were trying to contain them with fences…are they now so numerous they’re roaming city streets like pigeons in ny?…

20. cellarmouse says:

the lounge?…really?…i have far too many chores for this today…was it “fer0l” or “numer0us” or “r0aming the streets” or “pige0ns”?…

there is wifi, right?…

21. Drums fingers impatiently, waiting to see what Cellarmouse posted.

22. Ali-Baba says:

Yea, we gots wi-fi, but I think the hamster that runs the generator wheel is on a break. Would you care for a SPAM sammich while you wait? ;-)

23. Theresa says:

You’re in luck today, we have baklava!

24. warrior rabbit says:

Where… where’s the hovertext? Whimper.

25. Hover text says: Just steer me clear of the luau, tha’s all I ask.

26. Piglet on the LAM demands a Ham-let for a safe Ham-haven.

27. Martha in Washington says:

Pukalani needs a grass skirt and large red hibiscus blossom behind her ear!
    (Also, Yay for local news coverage.)

28. victoreia says:

8-O I wonder what hotel that was? ‘Cuz most of them aren’t anywhere near where the feral piggehs hang out…. (At least, not on Oahu.)

29. Theresa says:

I can’t believe nobody’s done this yet, so here goes:

30. Of course we were waiting for you! You are our video librarian for all things qte.

31. I don’t care what the name really is that hotel will now forever be the Hamlet Hotel to me. I really need to make reservations there !

32. Hope Pukalani got a great deal on a room! A sweet place to “lei” her head.

33. Fird Birfle says:

34. Scout C says:

“Hello, housekeeping? Please bring two fresh bath towels, an extra pillow and one Pukalani to Room 307. Thank you.”

35. Pukalani loves sleeping under the stars. All five of them.