Built for Comfort, Not for Speed

Koalas are usually slow-moving creatures, but every now and then you find one who really likes to floor it. GANGWAY!

Comments

1. Koala can book. :P

2. Do I detect a little soul patch on his lower lip?

3. …OK, enough already – time to sleep zzzzzzz

4. Love the didgeridoo accompaniment.

5. He’s got Grandpa Munster ears.

6. I think it’s eucalyptus drool. He’s saving it for later.

7. Contenders come along…sloths, pandas, bebe polar bears…but koalas are still the acme of cute. Though I sometimes wonder if their only really strong thought is “Can I eats that?”

8. emmberrann says:

Jill, you’re probably right about that thought being the only really strong one a Koala has – although it may be that another one would probably be “Maybe I’ll just shut my eyes for a short nap right here… zzzzzz!”

9. Koala on the run? Wow, that’s something I’ve never seen before… I like it! :)

10. *golf clap*

11. I want to grab a baby wipe and clean up the schmutzy chin, then “booooop” the nosicle!

12. ThirdShift says:

Cute. There’s another vid of a baby hippo running around inside the center she was being raised in, she was chasing or being chased by a human (in fun), it was just like this, she was all glomp-clomp-stomp like this. I can’t find it, :( but it’s very funny to see.

13. Catsquatch says:

EXERCIZE!! EXERCIZE!! KAMAN EVRYBODY GETCHER EXER….
    Wait, what is THAT?!?!
    Camera?? Whatsa CAMERA???
    Izzit gonna follow me?
    Then I aint movin till its GONE!

14. BeckyMonster says:

Eucalyptus is haliucinogenic in large quantities. You’d be moving pretty slow too if you were tripping BA@#S all day long!

15. skippymom says:

They sleep 22 hours a day? Where do I sign up to be a koala?

16. Hi nosicle is very boopable. In fact, it’s begging to be booped!

17. Here’s something else you don’t expect from koalas:

18. CUTEST INFESTATION EVER

19. I will love him, and I will (gently) squeeze him, and I will pet him, and I will boop his nose, and I will call him, uh, Yabbra?

20. victoreia says:

No kidding! And people think cats sleep a lot!

21. Run Kalola Run!

(Or don’t, whatever!)

22. Emmylee says:

I love how he runs up to the camera and then stares at the camera person like…Dude you’re in my way. Either open the door so I can keep going or move!

What a little cutie with his ear tufts and boopable nose :)

23. YESSSSSS
    (saw Mitch in ’03 and he did this bit :) )

24. If you’re ever Down Under, there is a magical place where you can HOLD a koala bear! (Briefly.) If it’s still there, go to Wild World in Cairns. 14 years ago, the cost to hold a koala was a whopping $10 USD! Best. Moment. Ever.

25. warrior rabbit says:

Well… It’s certainly _my_ only really strong thought. :p

26. Wow. Koalas can make the Scariest Sound Ever.

27. I feel like the BeeGee’s “Stayin’ Alive” should play as he is running down the hall.

28. Huh, what happened to his fur? Is this a rehab koala?

29. I can’t get over his/her face… It IS a stuffed toy, right? Right??

30. pippidog says:

He’s probably a Queensland koala. They have short fur because it’s warm all year round. The fluffy bundles people are used to seeing are from Victoria/SA area, where the winters get cold.

Also you should never bop a koalas’ nose, no matter how tempting they are, they’re very sensitive and it would upset him. And you don’t want an upset koala!

31. Martha in Washington says:

One more reason to love Edinburgh!

32. WOW ! that little guy can motivate !
    Also that was a nasty little fight Deckard ! I had no idea they made those sounds !
    It looked like the one on top kept stomping on the head of the one on the bottom near the end. I have to admit that was kind of funny.. It reminded me of what the road runner would do to the coyote.

33. Turtles are like that too. Have you ever seen a turtle run across the road? It’s amazing how fast a turtle can be when it wants to be.

34. LOL… the guy is wow this is the most boring fight ever and then all hell breaks loose and suddenly it is not the most boring fight but the most funny fight.

Loalas cute and cuddly till you make them ANGRY!

35. …actually, Koalas quite often travel many kilometers a night seeking food – they may seem sedentary, but they’d give most of us a run around. Also, at night in the forest, there is nothing quite as terrifying as the growl/bellow/belch of a randy Koala. You would think they were trolls!

36. thats totally a person in a koala suit.

37. I would SO love to live where turtles actually run across the road, JC, but it doesn’t happen in deepest Derbyshire (sigh). I can dream.

38. only $10? totally worth it. Sign me up!

39. Andi from NC says:

Love the narrator – “Oh goodness, goodness, goodness *chuckle*”

40. Fird Birfle says:

“VrOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo0000000000000mmmmmmm”
    and also
    “BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!” :)

(If EVER a nose was DESIGNED for beepin’, isn’t a koala’s nose AWESOME
    for this purpose ???)

41. I think I may have been a koala in a previous life. Those were the days!

42. Anneother says:

*plink* at 0:48″ !

43. There looked like there were bare patches on his rump. Don’t know if that’s common or if this was similar to the koalas taken in after the brushfires. .

44. It’s probably into upper triple digits now…..

45. Awwwww, that sweet little face!

Also, that music is rockin’.

46. AussieAussieAussie says:

You *paid* to hold one, srsly? Wow.
    Most wildlife parks will have a free meet’n’greet if they have a resident koala, you just have to turn up the appropriate ranger-talk-thingy at the alloted time….
    Last time I went to Townsville to the wildlife park there it didn’t cost a thing to be draped in a giant snake (boa, python? Not sure….huge though!), and to cuddle a koala. They smell very very strongly of eucalyptus, and have very sharp claws! :-)

47. I saws it too!!!! the only bleenkie !!

48. gwennaelle says:

22 hours of day sleeping? I pray to be a koala in my next life.

49. Quel sens de l’observayshe! Je l’avais raté la première fva :-)

50. Run and run and run and run and run and run and run and… Whuh?

(The faster you run to get somewhere, the more likely you will forget why you went there.)

51. I saw the freckles on his booty.