WHAT! IS! THAT?

Welcome back to everybody’s favorite game show! This week we have a real doozie for you.

Tic-toc. Tic-toc. Buzzzzz! Time’s up.

Let’s get a hint from our WHAT! IS! THAT? guest.

“I live in the Philippines and like to be awake in the night. I love insects, but will also eat vertebrates. I have a specially adapted neck so that I can turn it about 180 degrees in each direction. I am awesome and unusual.”

If you said c. a tarsier, you were correct! Join us next time for another exiting round of WHAT! IS! THAT? This week’s program was brought to you by the Wikipeedes!

Comments

1. Retired Hippie says:

Is it just me, or does he look like that guy from LOTR. “Precious…give me my precious!!” He’s still cute tho

2. 260Oakley says:

Don’t tarsier me, bro!

Sorry, that just sprang to mind when I saw this stunning creature. I’m sure he means us no harm.

3. cellarmouse says:

yeah, he’s pretty gollumish…i pickred tarsier cause i thot the other 2 are in madagascar…byt then i thot he really does looklike an aye-aye…and what’s a bushbaby, again?…so i didn’t vote at all…then i scrolleddown & read the answer, so then i voted tarsier…but now i feel guilty cause i cheated…QO is very stressfull…

4. Leilani says:

“Gollum . . . gollum . . . “

5. Schmiegel!

6. Eric Hanneken says:
  7. Theresa says:

WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAHAAHAHAHA!

8. Theresa says:

He’s all “I LOVE this stem!”

9. Theresa says:

PS: I got it right by process of elimination, since I knew what bush babies and aye-ayes look like. Aye-ayes are particularly freaky-looking:

10. definitely Shmiegel! :) Not his evil ring stealing, finger-biting, evil-smiling counterpart Gollum

11. (gently places a wee blankie around his little tarsier shoulders, puts a tiny sleeping mask over his eyes, strokes his fuzzy little head and tiptoes away so tiny tarsier can get back to sleep.)

12. like

13. Does he have claws on the back of two of his hind toes? His hands and feet weird me out a little….

14. Through extensive Google Image search (oh the hardships we cuteologists have to go through) I have come to the conclusion that this is indeed a tarsier. However, I want to take a moment to remind us all of the one and only correct pronunciation of Bush Baby: Boosh BAY-bee.

15. Theresa- you sure he’s not stroking the stem and saying My Precious?!

Agh, now that you all made me think the baby tarsier looks like Gollum I can’t look at the picture.

*hides*

16. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!

17. Meh. I would say this is cute, except cartoonists usually depict crazy or evil people with one eye way bigger than the other. I can’t help but be influenced – doesn’t it look like the left eye is about to pop out of it’s socket? This tarsier looks a little insane to me.

18. Oh, and the claw-hook toenails are real cute. Makes me want to snuggle right up.

19. Oh, yeah, the baboon helicopter mom! The “And where do you think you’re going, Mister?” tail grab! AND the awesome alliteration!

20. Crazy Pants needs to be added to the “About Us” list!

21. Hear! Hear!

22. Yes he does looka litlle like Gollum and that reminds me there is only 266 days until Peter Jackson, THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY comes out!

Me obsessed? Why do you say that?

23. emmberrann says:

Ooo-oo-oooh, Gwamma! What big EYES you have!

Deary me, li’l Tarsiersons, you can borrow my sleep mask for today, but you’re gonna have to get your own…..

24. 260, I love you. Thanks for that.

25. I’ve been obsessed with that book since 1979. Our 8th-grade reader had the “Riddles in the Dark” chapter. So i can’t wait for the movie either!

26. You took the thought right of my head. (While you’re rummaging around in there see if you can find where I put my tortilla bakers.)

27. victoreia says:

*snort*

28. Fird Birfle says:

Tell me about your childhood, cellarmouse.

Did you feel loved as a child??

29. Fird Birfle says:

*also giggle*

30. Fird Birfle says:

Hazenpfeffer, Incorporated !!!

Signed,
    Laverne, not Shirley

31. Ooooh! Sounds fun. Tell me more!

32. Oh do be kind. I think your eyes and snuggle factor might be a skosh wonky if you were a nocturnal creature who was for whatever reason wide awake in the middle of HARSH DAYLIGHTOHMYGOD!!!TOO BRIGHT!!!TURN OFF THE SUN!!

33. emmberrann says:

Aherm. That Should Be “Smeagol.” I just looked it up.
    (Signed)
    I’ve-Read-That-Book-a-Gazillion-Times,-In-Order Geek

34. Lizzie Stewart says:

Does anyone else think he looks like that creature from Flight Of The Navigator???

35. He looks like that creepy part of Voldemart lying under the bench that was in Harry Potter’s train station sequence in the last movie.

36. Yeesh – Voldemort.

37. Discordia says:

Googly eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

38. Blue Footed Booby says:

I’m enjoying the idea of him starting up his own chain of stores.

PS: you still didn’t get it right :V

39. Megumi's Mom says:

poor lil dude is out without his shades…

that’s TOTALLY me out in daylight without my sun glasses face.

40. me too! like spidie legs!

41. This particular tarsier looks drunk. lol!