Worst. Salon. Ever.

It is a sad state of affairs when you can’t get a quality salon experience. Here are a few places to avoid:

Sally’s Home Salon and Spa

PJ’s Hair Market

Hair’s Johnny!

Georgia’s Old Timey Salon Emporium

Hairturn

Kim’s Hair I Go

Last Chance Stlye

Jim’s Wash Rinse Repeat

Clip and Snip

The happy ending is that all parties are okay and found new stylists. We’d like to thank the following for their salon busting (in order of appearance): Heidi H., Leila, teddibearpicnick, Callie F., Mike H., Suzanne G., Chris, and Christina V.

Comments

1. Theresa says:

Why is it that so many hair salon’s have pun names? I used to take the bus past one named (absolutely true) “Whoomp! HAIR it is!” :P

Of course, it’s not “Curl Up and Dye.” :P

2. Theresa says:

OMG, I am so sorry about the superfluous apostrophe in that previous posting!! *going off to do penance*

3. You are hilarious, Theresa! Thanks for the smile, which was definitely not superfluous.

4. Robin Kiesel says:

apology accepted, apostrophe ignored, all is forgiven my child

5. Thanks for showing me being that look more pitiful and way cuter that my sick with a man cold husband,

OK I have to go make him some chicken soups now and force some aspirin down his throat, Lord give me patience.

6. 260Oakley says:

Hey, is that the salon on Mane Street?

7. Theresa says:

No, it’s on the Strand. :P

8. Amandaish says:

The hamster running around the drain has keeled me ded. PSA…do not wash the master unless directed by your vet. They’re sort of self cleaning. But…darn cute when wet!

9. Amandaish says:

That is HAMSTER. Master, pshaw… I could care less about.

10. victoreia says:

A superfluous apostrophe!!! *clutches pearls*

11. *snerk* men with colds are bigger babies than… well, babies.
    (hehe!)

12. TOO FUNNY ! I actually have a “Curl Up & Dye ” named salon near my house !

13. cellarmouse says:

love it, love it, love it…

14. Theresa says:

Doesn’t everyone? :P Can’t believe nobody’s tried to copyright it/

15. SafetyDancer says:

Don’t forget to put a towel at the bottom of the tub so your furbaby feels more secure during baf time. :)

16. Fird Birfle says:

My fave in my hometown is the salon called “Hair. Peace.”

[say it out loud, and think sideways ;) ]

17. Fird Birfle says:

AND lots of syllables !!!

*grabs smelling salts and glances around, to locate a Fainting Cowsche*

18. Fird Birfle says:

19. Fird Birfle says:

*waits for the Obligatory Commentr*versy to begin,
    where everybody assumes the worst about the animals’ welfare re. baths & such*

20. Popcorn Fird?
    *crunch munch*

21. Will the hamster swirl in a clockwise manner in Argentina?

22. First pic keeled moi! Squeeeeee! :-D

23. warrior rabbit says:

Um… what’s that critter getting her do done at PJ’s? The one with one pitiful pink hand extended, and just one white knuckle clutching the rim for dear life?

24. AWW :lol: Those poor kitties :lol: The one at Hairturn and the other one at Jim’s Wash Rinse Repeat both look like they are about to give the person who bathed them a baby hiss and claw :lol:

25. Ali-Baba says:

I think that second one (@ Jim’s) is actually a Gremlin, and you know what they say about getting those wet! ;-).

26. Alice Shortcake says:

The more I look at the second pic the more I’m convinced that the salon’s full name is ‘PJ’s Hair Market and Bungee Jump Experience’.

27. Ha! Love the hovertext – the hamster (?) in a colander!!

28. Hair’s Johnny starts at 3:00 Eastern, 9 Pacific.

29. I sincerely hope those aren’t Sally’s arms in the picture! She could do with some hair treatment herself!

30. Could it be a water vole? I wondered if it was a wild animal that’s jumped into a fisherman’s gear!

31. Is there anything cuter than dogtongue flapping in the breeze?

32. snoopysnake says:

Last photo needs tonguehance.

33. ThirdShift says:

I’m sorry to be the wet blanket but bathroom mildew is not cute, it is *GROSS*! :( Bleeagh. Every time there’s a shot of an adorable critter in the bathroom or sink getting scrubbed, I breathe a sigh of relief when I see that the sink/drain/tub/bucket/corner/crevice/whatever is clean. Bathroom grodiness makes me all woozy and wacko. Please photo editor, no bathroom grodiness. Now I have to go find that vid of the puppy frolicking in the CLEAN tub in slo-mo and watch that on repeat. (And really peeps, your mamma sez do you want the whole world to know you have a dirty bathroom?)

34. ScoutsMom says:

My little orange kid, Ponyboy, has a bad habit of jumping without looking. Not only has he jumped into the bathtub while it still had water in it, but he also jumped on the toilet before the seat was down and plopped right into the water.

35. Thanks for the giggle CO peeps :) I definitely needed it.

36. Fird Birfle says:

Thanks, Ozbirds!

*munch crunch*

37. My dear departed cat Millie did that with a sinkful of dishwater once. She was all, “WHA?!?”

38. victoreia says:

*giggle* Have some caramel popcorn! *joins Fird in waiting…..*

39. Wow, Theresa… that could have been our Kylie on the windy beach in San Francisco! She looks so much like Jay in that pic! I wish that I had a picture to show you!

40. ThirdShift says:

Ahem. In the mod lounge for 8 hours already.

41. Agent99 says:

Yep, never wash a hammie, they can die from getting a chill from being all wet. Hammies have perfected the art of self-cleaning and you can help them by keepng their cage really clean. Go hammies!

42. Can’t believe I had to scroll down this far before someone else noticed! Had to LOL at the man hands and the lack of bathroom cleanliness. Boys…

43. It is Jay! A windy day at an Oregon beach had his tongue flapping in the wind and he almost turned into a kite! He decided it was safer to wait in the car after this picture :)

44. em's mom says: