Daring Duo

We dare you.

We double dare you.

We double dog dare you.

We double black dog dare you.

We double black dog’s buddy dare you!

And 5 years later they’re still at it according to Heather N. Photos via Art Jonak and DogsTrust

Comments

1. Good Dogs Forever.
    d’awwwww. :D

2. OMG they are soooo adogable!!!! The belly wrinkles on the tan puppy! Just as gorgeous grown up.

3. skippymom says:

I love time-lapse photography.

4. Yeah, I noticed the snow melted.

5. standoffish says:

Baroooooo’s so cute den??

6. Awww, they lost the wrinkular chub!

7. I love seeing them when they’re all grown up! You could just tell from the size of the puppy feet that those were going to be big dogs, and here’s the proof.

I also love the almost horizontal ears on the tan pupster. Simply adorable!

8. Aww, they grow up so fast!

9. FancyNancy says:

It’s like watching two totally awkward, geeky (though adorable) boys turn into devilishly handsome grown men right before your eyes!

The lighter colored dog is especially stunning (to me) as an adult.

10. They are like the neighborhood cool dudes. All the other kids want to play kickball with them.

11. Saffron says:

Doggehs still not realizing that you will NEVER win a staring contest with a cat…..

12. I love that they never grew out of their forward-flapping ears. So cute.

13. Anybody else end up in the mod lounge? If so, perhaps you’d care to join me in a black and tan (pale ale and Guinness) in honor of this pair?

14. They’re all grow’d up. Too cute…

15. Oh, and for those of you who enjoy seeing what the kids look like all grown up, check out the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee website.

There are currently no kittens for them to foster (which is a GREAT problem to have, as all of us who work with rescue groups know), so Laurie’s been posting photos of some of the kittens as adults. Go take a look!

16. Soon they’ll be off to university *sigh*

17. Robin Kiesel says:

haha

18. Robin Kiesel says:

,,,with a corned beef sandwich?

19. Perfect!

20. waaaannnt
    *grabbygrabby*

21. cellarmouse says:

yeah…they grew into their skin…

22. victoreia says:

*snerk*

23. victoreia says:

Don’t forget the cabbage! (Oh, wait….that’s *next* week!)

24. Robin Kiesel says:

Itty bitty kitties grew up to be beautiful!

25. What kind of dog is that? Looks almost identical to my mutt.

26. Rachael says:

Holy muzzlepouches!!!

27. Legotech says:

No idea, but the big guy on the left looks shepherdy and the bigger guy on the right looks like he’s got some Great Dane in that face

28. Well, methinks we could have some cabbage a bit early… After all, corned beef and cabbage is a great combination!

29. I meant the one on the left. She’s got the same sort of Eddie Munster hairline and white patch on her chest. I think my Bess is a tad cuter, but I guess I’m biased.

30. That is simply beautiful. Friends forevah

31. Mary (the first) says:

Love how the brown one has lost her worried look but the black one still seems a bit concerned about something. Both are gorgeous! I want a dog. Sigh.

32. Looks like mine too! Down to the white marking on his chest…we did a dog DNA (teehee) and it said staffie/rottie mix. We think there’s either dane or ridgeback in ours, too.

33. This made my day! I love seeing pics of pups all grown up!

34. Siobhan says:

OMG! Those two photos are priceless!

35. StAre they boxadors (lab/boxer mix)? The black one looks just like mine!

36. kibblenibble says:

I love these “friends for life” type posts where we get to see them grow up together. Warms the heart. (As does just about everything around here.)

37. I think we all know trouble when we see it. Doesn’t help when they’re humming “when you’re a jet…”

38. The tan one is almost definitely a pit bull.

39. Gas masks will be distributed before the corned beef and cabbage is served. :P

40. No kidding! Remember how we all went nuts for little gray-and-white Pearla? Here she is, all grown up!:

41. Yes! More “friends for life” posts, pretty please!! Maybe even a “friends for life” tag?

42. I Haz a Funny Bone says:

West Side Story ref! Thanks!

43. missdoubleyou says:

What a gorgeous pair of BFFs.

44. Grown up black dog has two faces in profile talking to each other on his chest!

45. Or a weird skinny bud vase.

46. Wait, is it green beer?

47. Pearla is gorgeous, isn’t she? I also love the kitten and adult photos of Sheldon, Pearla’s brother who was adopted along with her. Sheldon had a really grumpy face as a kitten, and he still has a grumpy face–it’s just much bigger! Hopefully this link will work:

48. smallthunder says:

Yup, the black one still looks concerned, while the other one is all like: “Duuuuuuude. How many times do I have to tell you? Just chill out, ‘k?”

49. Aw, so nice! I love seeing how puppies grow up. And also a pair of dogs who are clearly best buds.

50. shellybeans says:

awesome, happily ever after story. :)

51. Ruffian9 says:

Yes, I love the shading on his(her?)head. From adorbs to georg!

52. Ruffian9 says:

Nice.

**chuckles**

53. Looks like my pup, she is a Boweimar (boxer and weimaraner mix)