It’s Been a Long Week

Soakin’ and soothin’ in a pink tub o’bubbles. Lettin’ the world go by!

Ready to face the world again!

Thank you for sharing your sudsy buddy, 四川 成都

Comments

1. OMG. This is ridiculous.

2. I’m pretty sure that this is one of those animatronics made by the Japanese. Something so unreal about the cuteness!

And seriously, no matchink for that pink tub/towel trimming with those pink ears, pink nose and pink lips!?!

3. As Meg says regarding the cute: once again the Japanese are kickin’ our butts.

4. Minor thing, the Chinese name you have linked isn’t a name, it’s a location. Chengdu city in Sichuan province. I looked at the link but there isn’t an immediately obvious name or username.

5. Duh, username is in the images. It’s snoopy409.

6. It’s the Chinese, not Japanese this time :) The user is from Sichuan Province, the city of Chengdu – or so I can tell with my limited character reading abilities. So nice to see Asia getting the hang of cuteoverloading!!!

7. I’m pretty sure my cat would not look as happy as this one in the 4th pic!

8. The name of the original author is “红小胖snoopy”, “四川 成都” is the location of the author (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu).

And it’s from China, not Japan :)

9. The perfect little Heart-Shaped Pink Nose?!? Are you kidding me? OMG what a cute little kitty.

10. But look at all the sad in #4 and 5!

11. Well, it’s Chinese this time. ;)

12. Lookit the nose! And … I’m dead. What a sweet kitty.

13. It’s Boo! But in Cat-form!

14. James Probis says:

Don’t you know you’re not supposed to get them wet? That’s almost as bad as feeding them after midnight!

15. Awwww – winning the cuteness awards. Such a sweet and good natured baby. Kisses and cuddles.

16. ratchic says:

So the dog on the other side of the glass…is either making fun of kitty bathtime, or hopes kitty is ok in “The Bath Place”.

17. My thoughts exactly! Especially in the last one!

18. Water loving cats never ceases to amaze me.

19. Legotech says:

OMG Look at that TAIL! It’s so floofy!

20. real cute pix.

but who washes cats?!!!!

21. Saffron says:

Hi kris! <3
    Persians and other long hair kittehs often need bathtime to help keep their fur clean. I have a domestic longhair and sometimes I have to help her with a bath to clean her fur (even though she is an indoor cat). She is not amused when I do this but tolerates it because I think they know we are trying to help them. Nonetheless she will run two feet from me after we are done, turn around and give me the I HATE YOU look before hiding under the couch for a few hours to regain her poise. :)

And OMG this is sooo cute. I have been keelled by that pink nose (gives it a dainty BOOP).

22. KittyMarthaPoo says:

You’re RIGHT, heleen! And agreed, Mooo, particularly in the last picture.

This kitty (and Boo too) are so cute they don’t even look real.

23. TrixandSam says:

So can someone explain why the cat is sporting a folded towel on its head in a couple of the pictures? (I’m fascinatored by it!)

24. Because what gal doesn’t love accessories?!?

25. seriously!!! if that were any one of my cats (especially the one closest to a pure-bred persian) those photos would have looked like something out of Event Horizon rather than a bathroom :(

BUT……..If the kitteh can put up w/ bath time, then it can put up w/ a………..

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE :D :D :D

26. some green tea and cinnamon apple slices would be great as I hang in the mod lounge *sigh*

27. Very cute!

28. Is that an Exotic Munchkin?

29. Sometimes you need to pamper yourself. That cat has such a cute face! We could use a spa treatment.
    Bella and DiDi

30. I would be so happy if my kitty, Valentino, would like a bath. Once in a while he really needs one, but I have to use a steel mesh gloves and body armor to get through it.

31. Fird Birfle says:

THIS IS A KITTY OF UBER-CUTENESS !!!

ALSO — how nifty that CO’s readership includes numerous peeps who are fluent in both English and in Chinese (or whichever dialect/ area word is more accurate on my limited knowledge) .
    :) :)

32. Fird Birfle says:

Here are the apple slices, Randi.

Somebody should be along, soon, with the green tea :)

33. And the ginormous, owl-like copper eyes. And the concerned expression.

*thud*

34. Darn Asians *shakes fist at sky*

We’ll beat you on cuteness one day….

35. smallthunder says:

Interesting … Sichuan is famous for its extremely spicy food … but this morsel is incredibly sweet …

36. That last photo (the “after” shot) absolutely does not look like a real cat. This little guy/gal is certainly cute cute cute!

37. wuyizidi says:

It’s the ‘modesty towel’ (actual name). This is more of a Japanese thing:

Etiquette at hot springs calls for drying yourself after soaking so you’re not dripping wet before getting to the changing room. In most places you cannot bring a huge towel with you into the water. So you carry a smaller one. Since you don’t want to get it wet, the only place to put it while in water is on top of your head. After you’re done soaking, you pat down excess water with it and cover your private parts while walking to the changing room.

38. wuyizidi says:

This cat’s name is Didi, ‘little boy’ in Chinese. He “is still growing and [his] three favorite things are eating, sleeping, and playing”.

39. FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40. Red Toenails says:

Awww, Neenee is clean now?

41. SlaveToCat says:

Barooooo, how could you do this to meeeee, I thought you loved me. cry whimper cry sniffle.

42. SlaveToCat says:

I hid a couple of Apple Martini’s on the bottom shelf of the drinks cart. Help your self to them and the Pringles.

43. Oh, and of course, matchink for the pink toebeans!

44. skippymom says:

The cat in the bath is a real live one, but the last one on the bed is a stuffed toy, right?

45. skippymom says:

The moderation is out of control lately. It’s starting not to be so much fun to play here. Sorry to be a bitch.

46. Yeah! Folks on the internet will believe anything. It’s all photoshopped, people! (That level of cuteness would cause a rift in the space time continuum. I read that somewhere on wikipedia.)

47. Fird Birfle says:

you’re not a b, skippy. EVer.

(I kind of have to agree about mod beginning to squelch unnecessarily broadly lately;
    even a short message with only positive words….)

48. Mamabear says:

Gremlins reference FTW!

49. pic #2 eyes up: *thud*
    pic #6 eyes down: *explodes*
    last pic: ‘not possible. its a hoax.’

50. HA!

51. THANK YOU!!!
    I mean for the explanations, not the modesty. Tho that’s good too.

52. Mamabear says:

It’s a shame that the site doesn’t have a way of knowing who posts here frequently and safely, and only mods folks who are newish and untested, unproven to be a good self-moderator. I don’t know much about computers, other than how to turn it on, but it seems like it would be something that is possible to do.

53. skippymom says:

Thanks, Fird.
    You can probably guess I’m having a really crummy day, but obviously that isn’t Cute Overload’s fault.
    So, anyway, what have we for snacks? I’m hoping for something nice and soft that I can enjoy despite this #&^#*&%%** toothache.

54. Skippy, you’re not being a bitch, you’re right. I stopped commenting as much because of it. Aside from thinking up new snacks for the mod lounge, it takes the fun out of being able to exchange fun observations with the gang. Sigh.

55. I was thinking the same thing. Oh well, I guess he has hairballs, just like mine.

56. TrixandSam says:

That makes total sense! Thank you wuyizidi. It would have bugged me to the point of distraction.

57. skippymom says:

OK, let’s have a group hug, sing Kumbayah, and enjoy some delicious pudding.

58. wuyizidi says:

Kitteh looks so hung over in pictures 5 & 6.

59. Maybe we need some modesty towels for our heads while we eat our butterscotch pudding and stare at this adorable kitty’s sweet heartshaped nose. Group hug.

60. skippymom says:

Aaahh, the modesty towel on my head is easing my toothache….

61. Put Valentino on an old window screen. Then gently pour a bucket of water over him. He’ll extend his claws through the screen and be just stuck enough to allow you to suds, rinse, and then gently disentangle him and let him be on his way, spitting and swearing.

62. This can’t be real. Who here has a cat and also has NO FUR on the bed? That bed is as spotless as Maru’s floors (who is also too cute to be real).

63. victoreia says:

I never get mine wet! (Bleeding is not something I’m supposed to do!)

64. I second that, martha :D

65. AWW :( I hope your toothache will not last long, skippymom :)

66. Mamabear says:

Home from work and still in lounge. I am disappoint.

67. Yes to Skippy, Fird Birfle and Nikki. I’m still in moderation from this morning, and nary a “bad” word in sight! Personally, I approve of the appropriate use of “bad” words, such as above. :)

68. All I can read is the 4.

69. skippymom says:

Here, have some nice butterscotch pudding.

70. I <3 modesty towel!
    And it does ring true with all the manga I've seen.
    Oh yeah, and I'm still in the mod lounge for saying this kitty is a photoshopped hoax. cuz i was so serious.

71. Paris K. says:

This cat would OWN me! I usually lurk but this cat made me leave a comment…

Owns me already!

72. Ali-Baba says:

This kitteh is so sweet! Hopefully she won’t give us CO’rs “diabeetus”! :-)
    Please pass the pudding!

73. Ali-Baba says:

Oops! He, not she! And how did I get here in the a.m. posts?! Darn Tardis needs a tune up… Anyone got a sonic screwdriver handy? ;-)

74. Does anyone know what kind of cat this is? Reminds me of a mix between a munchkin and a british fold! Too cute :)

75. *british shorthair/ scottish fold

76. snoopysnake says:

snoopysnake likes!

77. Smallthunder says:

Too funny! And it sounds like it might actually work — tho I am afraid I don’t quite have the guts to try it with my car. I’ve got a screen door I’m not using … Anybody wanna try it with theirs? Hello? Anybody? For the sake of science, you know, and all?

78. Smallthunder says:

Um … That was supposed to read: with my CAT. (slinks off with an embarrassed grin, balancing old screen door on my head).

79. this is unreal!!! does anyone know what kind of cat this is?

80. i mod everyone new and old,
    i mod everyone in the cold,
    i mod everyone i can see,
    i mod everyone, including me!

[you may pass.

-sharpy]

[thank you.

-sharpy]

-sharpy

81. wuyizidi says:

According to the blog it’s an exotic shorthair.

82. Fuzzular, definition of

83. How do I get him to be mine?

84. That is the absolute prettiest little kitty I have ever seen. smootches to that sweet kitty face.