THIS JUST IN! Sloths in onesies!

GET OUT! [pushing you against a wall] this is PURE REDONKULOUSNESS!

Chief Sister Occifer spotted this one on our other favorite site, Dlisted.

Comments

1. OMFG AHSJFKASHB!!! *flailing incoherently*

2. oooooooooooooo think we got another nominee for hotties of cute overload!! check out the vet tech! nom nom nom.

oh, and the sloths are adorabuhls too :o)

3. That documentary needs to go into the Smithsonian of something. It is a freakin’ national treasure.

4. For crying out loud.

5. D’awwww. Sloths are so cute. :D

6. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

I never thought much about sloths until this recent spate of sloth postings and vids. I love these little creatures.

7. OH EM GEEE!!! That is just so adorable! How sweet they are at the end when they snuggle up. Love love love this.

8. Anybody who goes to such lengths to care for animals is a hero. So glad these little guys have their own guardian angel.

9. rescue gal says:

I just keep watching the hug at the end. So sweet!!

And I nominate a HERO’s of C.O.- anybody who gives such and love care to any creature is certainly a HERO.

10. thursday says:

Now I know how to shave a sloth.

I…don’t think that skill will ever come up.

11. This brought tears to my eyes! How sweet and wonderful.
    *melts into pile of mush*

12. I cannot tell you how much I love sloths – so much so I’ve put “volunteering at the Sloth Sanctuary in Costa Rica” near the top of my bucket list.

13. I had a Kristen Bell moment! lol

14. Marty's Mom says:

You’ve got to be kidding me…this is just too much! How can evil exist in the world when we have baby sloths getting greased up and packaged in adorable onesies??!!!

15. O.M.G. Splat.

16. Starfish says:

DO NOT WANT face at 0:50. I may be ded.

17. Once A Fish says:

The “they did the same thing to YOU that they did to ME??” is the BEST. I mean, this was pure torture… first shaved, then BUTTERED? :)

18. Saw this video before but it never fails to turn me into a pile of goo. And I love the lady’s baby-talk. How could you not baby-talk to these adorable little darlings. The Sloth Sanctuary is a little piece of heaven on earth.

19. I can’t stop awwwwwing. Delectable little buttered sloths dressed in onesies. How wonderful these sloth wrapper people are taking care of the little sloths. Too too much.

20. yep. I ahd the same reaction. Thank goodness its Friday…I amy need extra timee off to recuperate enough brains to go back to wrok.

PS. typing wiht no braines is hardd. ;)

21. I saw this a while ago and am just now recovering. I mean, the naked baby sloth, the patterned matchingks onesie, the welcome back hug at the end. It’s all too much.

22. I don’t have sound. Why did they shave the sloth?

23. loribelle says:

some sort of nasty mange, to which the behbehs are very vulnerable, since they aren’t receiving antibodies in mama’s milk.

24. kentuckienne says:

He had mange — shaving off his fur removes their habit, and the yellow ointment (lard and sulfur) soothes his skin and smothers any remaining mange mites. Then they wrap him up to keep him from licking off the ointment.

25. kentuckienne says:

The habiTAT for the mites that cause mange, I mean. Argh.

26. Is that the slothpital?

27. TheOthers1 says:

Can I second that nom? Lol.

28. Birdcage says:

Oh my gershwin, I love that Kristen Bell Sloth Meltdown video!!!!

29. Birdcage says:

I am willing to re-train for a new career as a Sloth Butterer / Wrapper.

30. Makes you want to cuddle this little guy up and read him “good night moon.”

31. Big sensitive guy who can delicately shave a baby’s fur? Then swaddle him? Kinda hot.

32. Also, nekkid sloths look like plucked chickens with really big buffalo wings for arms. Good thing they usually have fur.

33. kibblenibble says:

I’m kinda wondering why they don’t have to shave the sloth’s head, too. Is it just me?

34. Oh my this just too too much cute!
    (falls down on strategically placed fainting couch)

35. “an art to swaddling slippery sloths.”
    say that five times!

max-redonk.

we’re done. splat.

36. Okay, so here’s my new elevator pitch: An innocent youth receives a strange visitor, who informs him that an ancient prophecy identifies him as the Chosen One, who will save his people. But he must endure many challenges and adventures to achieve his quest. I know, I know, but get this: It’s an All-Sloth cast.

37. Some possible reasons that I can think of: 1) they have no way to wrap up the sloth’s head, so they have to leave it alone. 2) they only shave and wrap up the parts that the sloth can lick or chew on. I’m just spitballin’ though. I have no real knowledge here.

38. the definition of PURE REDONKULOUSNESS.

39. Michelle says:

OMG, I was laughing AND crying at this video! Too good, thanks for posting!

40. Robin Kiesel says:

yeth JulieB, it thertainly ith!

41. Sarah B. says:

Sulphur and lard? Poor little McSlothersons must stink to high heaven.

I would still hug them though.

42. I’m there! And I’ve got popcorn!

43. I am DEAD from that.

In fact, I’m in the afterlife. There was indeed a bright light, and now I’m hangin’ with Kurt Cobain and various and sundry other cool folks.

The point is, DEAD.

44. Moderation? I should have spelled it “ded” I guess. I will never learn. *-*

45. I had a REALLY bad day today. This turned it all around. Thank you. <3

46. Emmylee says:

I loves this video. I watch it every time I’m feeling down. But thanks CO for bringing it here :)

47. It’s too bad the little guy in the video ended up dying. He was an adorable sloth.

48. Agreed. Another one for the “Men of CO Calendar.”

49. Andi from NC says:

JPA – just plain awesome!!!!

50. the other jen says:

oh good lord i have been struck senseless.

are they hiring any swaddlers? i’d love to swaddle slippery sloths.

51. SlaveToCat says:

Wonder if he makes house calls. Shifty eyes

52. daTroof says:

Beware of Dlisted! Free, nasty viruses available there to all computer users!

I speak from experience. :(

53. baileysgrandmom says:

Seemingly, swaddling slippery sloths requires special skills (wipes chin)…

54. Please explain why they shaved the baby sloth and put the ointment on it.

55. Forgot the sprinkle of thyme before they bandaged him up.

OMG, is it terrible that I know want to shave a baby sloth? That was so freakin’ adorable.

56. Ack! *sputter* blbbtpth……

57. He and his twin sister? girlfriend? had mange. These orphan babies are prone to infections as they don’t get the antibodies in their mothers’ milk (goat’s milk is the substitute).

58. yeah and when i think i’m having a bad day, gonna remember at least i wasn’t shaved, buttered, and swaddled

59. Ooooohhh!!!!!! This is so cute, so sad, and just too too much! Those poor dear buttery baby sloths! But they are in such loving and capable hands. I hope they emerge from their little cocoons with nice healthy skin.

60. Alexandra Noel says:

*woosh* brain exploded from DEH CUTE. the end just made me turn into a babbling idiot lol ^_^

61. Alice Shortcake says:

We need a CO Update on the poor little mangy sloths!

62. Cheers for that. #sarcasm

63. Alice Shortcake says:

Apparently poor little Sebastian died a couple of months later but his sister survived.

64. pinkmariposa says:

Help meeeeeeeeee!!! pweeze
    My sound will not work!
    why did they shave him and butter him up? OMG I love this lil guy they are so cute
    my head nearly sploded watching. the teenytiny onesies….someone be kind and letme know why….

65. That’s adorable. :-)

66. Ugh, I have such a Love/Hate/Loathe relationship with Ellen, but this is going in my must watch repeatedly videos XD

I’d totally burst into tears if I got to be with a sloth….and the only want to console me would be a big toenail hug :P

67. Yeah, he can totally slather me in butter any day of the week.

68. Oh MANGE! I am a native French speaker and looked up MINGE on google… i got something entirely different…
    i was confused.
    Mange in French = gale

69. I’m a native English speaker, and when I was young I worked a couple of summers at an old resort that used a antiquated mixture of French and English for everything having to do with food service. The dining room was called the “Salle a Mange.”

So it cuts both ways.