Pick a Pair, Any Pair

We all know the feeling: It’s two in the morning, you can’t sleep, and you keep thinking “You know, what would really mellow me out is watching a dog trying to lick a parakeet. But how to find it?” Luckily, cuteologist Josh Worth has created CritterVidder, a handy matrix of interspecies snorgling. Check out these examples:

Comments

1. BFF: there’s no accounting for personal taste…..!!!! :lol:

2. Bookmarked! Loff eet!

3. #1- I shall LEEK YOU!

#2- OK stop… -lick-…. come on I mean it…. -cuffs over the head-…. Ok come on that is enough… -soft throat grab-

#3- Let’s play! Let’s Play! Whoa, this is sooo cool, interactive ball!

4. I love the second video

5. Ali-Baba says:

I love how the kitteh puts the puppeh in a head, er, pawlock! Too cute for colored TV! :-)

6. Excellent–a new bookmark with excellent cuteness!

I have to say that that is one patient cat! He could easily knock that puppy down, but he manages to control himself, even with what appears to be a very painful ear kronsche.

7. Second vid: Bichon puppeh! EEEEE!!!!! They’re the cutest pups in the world. Though this one found out the hard way that uber-cuteness doesn’t save you from corrective action from an elder of any species.

8. Accck I am going to choose to believe that the second video ended at the spot it did because the owner put down the camera and separated the cat from the poor, widdle puppeh… because the little whiny sounds are simply too much to take! *sniffle*

(But that first video had me giggling like a loon!)

9. victoreia says:

“Listen, kid. I’m trying to eat here. Cut it out.”
    “I love you. IloveyouIloveyouIloveyou.”
    “I said knock it off!”

10. Go away kid, you’re bothering me.

11. Another cute site added, thanks!

12. “You know, what would really mellow me out is watching a dog trying to lick a parakeet. But how to find it?”

You’d be surprised how often I’m thinking this. (Or something like it.)

13. kodalai says:

I don’t think the puppeh has his teeth in yet, so it probably wasn’t too painful.

14. Theresa says:

In Soviet Russia, ball chases dog. :P

15. Theresa says:

I just looked at CritterVidder, and I must say, it is AWESOME. Absolutely brilliant! I have one tiny question: Where. Are. The. Bunnies?

16. ha ha kitteh had enuf.

17. AHHH! let go the cute dog!it only wanted to play!

18. OMG these were so wonderful to watch. Thank you so much for sharing.

19. Alice Shortcake says:

NEVER interrupt a vampire cat when he’s eating his blood-flavoured treats!

20. That second video was so cute until the cat bit the puppies neck and it whimpered, that wasn’t cute any more, that was just awful! =(

21. Same here, I oohed and aahed at how gentle the cat was being, even with the throat grab! Luff it.

22. For the second video I was thinking: “see, biting hurts, doesn’t it”?

23. Elizabeth says:

I love the third video, although it might be more aptly captioned “In which a turtle out for a pleasant morning stroll fails to notice that a dog is playing with him.”

24. He was just asserting who was in charge in this house. Probably does the same to the Hoomins when they take liberties.

25. That second video is a classic. “Kid, Lesson 1: never bother me when I’m at the food bowl.” Puppeh wimpers were a bonus.

26. The saliva from a dog and cat is toxic to birds and will kill the bird over time, as the bird preens it’s feathers. If something like this happens to your pet bird, you should put the bird under running water and get it wet right down to the skin, to wash off any saliva.

27. The cat was just asserting dominance and probably didn’t really hurt the puppy. It’ll be less likely to chomp the cat’s ears now. It’s nature’s way!

28. I just LOVE the second video :D

29. !!

30. Video #1: Bird saying. “Let me give you just a little manicure….”

31. Martina says:

It wasn’t a tortoise, it was a ROCK that MOVES!!! If I were that pup I would be all freaked out about a ROCK that MOVES on its own!!!!

32. :O !!!

33. Sasha's Mum says:

Love vid #2, the other cat in the background, obviously thinking “I’m staying well out of this!”

34. puppy was definitely gumming, or else the cat would have been bleeding and freaking out. the fact that he was gumming made it even cuter <3

35. Fird Birfle says:

36. I have his sister, and they’re actually half poodle and half shih-tsu.