I’ve Been Expecting You

I am the keeper of your dessstiny. (leans closer) State your business. Choose wisely.

Give Gregory a bag of raisins and ye shall pass, m104!

1. Fird Birfle says:

My brother Greg sure has changed in appearance over the years.

Also: “WOT is yer name? WOT is yer Qwest? (etc)”

2. His whiskers have grown a bit, eh? That happened with my brother, too, though his name is not Greg.

And: “WOT is yer favorite color?”

3. “WOT is the capital of Assyria?”

4. victoreia says:

That….is one chubby……hamster?

5. Chinchilla :)

6. Theresa says:

7. Theresa says:

Oooh, I just gave myself a Bohemian Rhapsody earworm.

“No, we will not let him go!”

8. Hahahahahahahah!

9. CatViccer says:

Must. snorgle. extreme softness!!!

10. Blue! No, red!

11. Mary (the first) says:

I think Gregory’s had enough raisins. But I do want to know what the heck is he perched on there?!?

12. THANK you, Mary (the first)! Remember the SNL skit with Steve Martin? What the heck IS that thing?

13. Mary (the first) says:

er, actually, no, I just wondered what he’s sitting on …. (I mean, of course I remember the two WILD and CAH-RAZZY GUYS! but I don’t think that’s what you meant, is it?)

14. Actually, I always thought this was when SNL, you know, jumped the shark. :P

15. As always, Theresa, right on the money! And yet, we StiLL don’t know what that thing is.

16. Fird Birfle says:

YAY Theresa I LOVE that bit :)

17. Lorel J says:

I checked out m104’s Flickr photostream and I found a pix of the perch: http://www.flickr.com/photos/m104/1488099620/in/set-72157601604796325/

Can’t tell if it’s real or not!

18. Thanks very much, Lorel J! I’m betting it’s a faux mangrove-root or some such thing, designed for rodent residential use (rodentsidential?). Hence the unrecognizable weirdness of the original post photo. Whew. Now I can relax.

19. Nooo don’t give him a bag of raisins, they’re terrible for chinchillas!

20. *Laurie* says:

Agreed! Chins definitely shouldn’t have fruits or veggies of any kind. They have incredibly sensitive digestive systems and can’t process the sugar. I’m owned by four of them.

21. I look at this little guy perched like that and this is what I hear.

22. ahhhh I need this little Totoro lookin thing

23. That lower leep keeels me!!

24. kibblenibble says:

His little hands! They keel me! And they look like they are emerging from the sleeves of a velvety robe!

25. Chinchillas are masters of the “Polite Paw Posishe” (or “PPP”).

…The More You Know :)

26. yes,we want to know what is O wise one perched upon?

27. Lorel J says:

Here’s the perch in another photo, evie:

Up Close with Kai

28. I definitely just pet that tummy on my computer screen. Anyone else? No? Oh, well, I was just kidding anyway, who would do that?…

29. No worries hilz!! I was doing the same thing!!! Sadly I hurt a finger :o( Must have my own!!!

30. As adorable (and strangely intimidating) as Gregory is, no raisins for him, that’s just asking for tummy troubles.

31. The paws peeking out of the furry belly… the nose…the ears…all I know is that backlighting does wonderful things for a chinchilla.

32. I don’t understand how those teeny paws can support him.

33. Chinchillas are 50% fluff. The paws are proportional under all that fur. XD

34. Malle Babbe says:

Now I picture a cartoon character chinchilla constantly pulling various things out of its fur like it is an overcoat with tons of pockets. Sandwiches, dynamite, harmonicas, that sort of thing…

35. ThirdShift says:

What.Is your name? What.Is your quest? WHAT.Is your favorite color?

36. Fird Birfle says:

“green” “no, wait it’s blue. No — I — AAAAAAUUUUGH”

37. Holy crud, it’s Ratigan!

38. victoreia says:

An American Tail ref! YAY!

39. ashagato says:

looks like gregory’s wearing a fur Snuggie ;)

40. Mary (the first) says:

Gregory IS a fur snuggie!

41. I’d really love a chinchilla coat but I’m afraid they’d bite me and run off.

42. Why does Gregory look like he’s standing on a roasted drum stick?

43. Ammalamm says:

Seriously, CO needs moar chinchillas!

44. Rachael says:

His leetle mouf and his teensy hands have put me over the edge! I had no idea chinchillas were so freaking adorabuhl!!

45. HELP! I’m addicted to this photo. I can’t stop returning to look at the potato shaped furball and its teensy yet perfectly proportioned features.

46. Ali-Baba says:

The narrative reminds me of verrrrrry early computer games (I’m talking 1979-1980)…you know the ones that would say things like, “you meet a wizard in the forest. He challenges you to a duel. What weapon do you want to use?”. Use ice charm. “wizard melts ice charm with fire crystals”. Throw nettle poison. “wizard vanishes. You may proceed.”
    Ahhhh, memories! I think I’ll go read a choose your own adventure book while I drink a RC cola & eat pop rocks! :-)

47. victoreia says:

Oh, you old fossil! :D

48. Kallisto73 says:

He is sweet and floofie and all. But the hover text killed me. :o)

49. New Rule of Cuteness: Body/Paw ratio