Traveled down the road and back again
Your heart is true you’re a pal and a confidant.

And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say thank you for being a friend.

Devon L. tells us that Harold (the orange one) and Maverick (the silver one) were from two different litters from two different shelters two hours apart, but still grew up best friends. Lyrics by Andrew Gold.

Comments

1. Silver and gold – what a beautiful combination!

2. Oh, sweet kitty luv! I’m so glad these buddies found each other. And WOW at Maverick’s eyes!

3. It makes me think of a different song: “So happy together . . . .!

Pardon me if I’m being sappy. I just read the story about the horse rescued from the mud in Australia, and now I’m all weepy.

4. Now you’re making me think of the song we sang in Brownies:

Make new friends
    But keep the old
    One is silver
    And the other gold

5. awwwww.
    snorgling.

6. Just seeing the two kitties snorgling is making me weepy. Might as well make it a full-blown waterfall…off to find the horse rescued in Australia!

7. Are those typos on purpose? “You’re” not “your” and “threw” not “through.” Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing some sort of joke.

8. It’s “threw a party. “

9. As King Solomon says, there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

10. Mary (the first) says:

It’s also “you’re a pal” but who’s counting??

11. English majors, and nitpickers like me…

12. Crazy Pants says:

Thank you nitpickers and English majors! I think I fixed it. Hopefully your brains will now be able to concentrate on how stinkin’ cute these two are together.

13. victoreia says:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!1!!1!!!!1!!!1!!!

TWO TINEE TABBIES!!!!!

That’s it; I’m done for the day.

14. loribelle says:

His eyes match his buddy!

15. Ayeesha says:

Now I have the Golden Girls song in my head. Dangit! However, the kittehs are adorabules.

16. I love when cats love each other.

TTFF
    (Tinee tabbee friends forever)

17. Theresa says:

I love to see mutual kitty snorgling. All my kitties have been in states of perpetual guerilla warfare.

18. I’m singing it with you, Noelegy! We used to sing it in rounds.

Ready, set, go: “Make new friends…”

19. Lewis n' Clark says:

a veritable buffet of pink toebeans in one pic

20. Ours have been at each other’s throats, too. I even bought Feliway plug-in pheromone thingies in the hopes of calming them down, but our boys are still beating each other up. Impervious to pheromones, apparently.

These two little guys are obviously buds, and they look so good together. No pheromones required here, and I am jealous!

The photo with Maverick really close to the camera on the left side reminds me of the scene-stealing squirrel, as if the photo was really meant to be of just Harold. Too cute!

21. Drat! I said something that landed me in the mod lounge. Anyone care to join me for a tasty beverage and some foie gras?

22. Cute kitties! Makes me want to speak baby talk.

23. Zingaroo says:

It’s the foie gras that got you lounge’d. Folks around here tend to prefer their gooses unstuffed, methinks.

24. SO much better! Thank you!

Oh look! Kittens!

25. Are those pink claw covers??

26. JLAmusings says:

Awww… I’m on my 2nd set of TTFFs! They alternate between snuggles and guerilla warfare.

27. Mary (the first) says:

“But keep the ooollldddd…” (in bass)

28. Mary (the first) says:

High 5 to Crazy Pants for taking the nitpicking so graciously! And yes, my brain is happier now. My eyeballs/heart were already delighted at the cute!!

29. Mary (the first) says:

So in most of the photos, it looks like Maverick is just hangin’ out somewhere, and Harold attaches himself to Maverick’s back or something, in a “I love you, please let me love you, please?” kind of attitude. He’s always the outside of the “spoon”.

30. I want to yell Matchink! at the grey’s golden eyes matching his friend. Especially in that last pic.

31. victoreia says:

Sounds like mine!

32. Too bad the orange one wasn’t named Goose. Still totally adorable, though.

33. AWWWWWWWWWW. That is all.

34. they do! but all i can focus on is– did someone paint the toenails when they were babies?

35. Pretty sure those are soft paws… little caps that go over kitty nails to prevent scratchingks.

36. AWW :D I so want to snorgle Harold (the orange one) and Maverick (the silver one) :D

37. Got any cookies? I like Samoas. And Thin Mints. And Do-di-Dos.

38. Fird Birfle says:

It SEEMS that you “like” COOKIES, Th :)

Signed,
    Shifty eyes

39. Profe T says:

I love them so much! Thanks for the pickup before I have to face teaching the imperfect and preterite…..ahhhhhh

40. Of all the litties I’ve had in my life (and there has been a lot), I’ve never had one with orange eyes. They are very stricking aren’t they, almost overwhelming.

41. Both stories made me weepy too… and I just read another article about the baby piglets being mothered by the bulldog in Germany… sniff sniff

42. JLAmusings says:

I know! Mine have usually been in the green/gold variety. My present orange stripey man has copper eyes so he’s very color-coordinated. Very adorable (and very bad to balance out the cute)

43. Same here – lots of rescue kitties have gone through my home, but no orange eyes… lots of yellows, greens, and a couple blues.

44. guerillas at my house too.
    i think partly cause all are male
    and nobody will lick the others head & ears
    like females will.

45. Lauren in Georgia says:

My half Siamese tuxedo has blue-green eyes. Sort of a soft teal color.

46. I don’t know… some of my males LOFF each other, much licking on each other…

47. That’s allowed here, go for it! [shifty eyes, looking for Sharpy]

48. Wow, I haven’t thought of that song in years!

49. Hahaha. Good to know.

50. So now I have to go google that story up. Thanks a lot… :)

51. In our house, the “outside spoon” is called the “jet pack”.

52. i noticed that, too! very lovely.

53. This warms my heart. <3

54. Christy says:

SOOO precious! I see the kitty love!