That’ll Knock Some Scents Into ‘Em

If you’ve tried everything to train your dog not to bark, this advanced method may be for you. It combines a restraining muzzle clamp with a pootent, er, potent form of persuasion.

Thanks for sharing, Cristal G.

1. But But But doggies LOVE the kitty aroma!! Or at least my two “special” doggies did. Couldn’t keep ’em out of the cat box, no I couldn’t!

I bet the sweet kitty kitty has totally nibble-able pink toe beans :) :) :)

2. TrixandSam says:

My old pup Teddy loved visiting the cat’s litter box (kitty’s name was Angel). I finally put a sign on the litter box cover that read “Angel’s Litter Box and Cafe”. My (ex)husband was not amused.

3. JLAmusings says:

My bff had a dog who enjoyed grazing through the litter box like it was a smorgasbord too. She called his treats “kitty poopsicles”.

4. I thought they were ‘cookies’

5. katfighter says:

In my house, they’re “Kitty Box Krunchies”.

6. Ewww.
    Dog’s expression is like;blegh, cat butt in my face.

7. Moi, Actually says:

Our Bull Mastiff once ate the entire contents of the litter box. There was that tell-tale sandy moustache on the wrinkly muzzle.
    That was after she ate the car seatbelts.

8. This is why I have only cats. LOL

9. LOL at “poopsicles.” We have to keep the utility room door closed (kitties have a kitty flap) to keep my Husky out of the litterbox. I asked her one time why she insisted on getting “treats” out of the litterbox, when we keep her well fed, and one of my stepsons answered for her, “They’re like potato chips! You can’t eat just one!”

10. Smallthunder says:

Yup, it’s hard to keep the dog from indulging in a couple of “kitty tootsie rolls” when we’re not looking …

11. SharonK1973 says:

A friend of mine calls them “Kitty Roca”

12. Being owned by a black kitteh, I can tell you that the li’l one most likely has black toe-beans. And black nosie. And black ears. Or, as we joke in our household, there was not quite enough black skin left for his butt. :)

(thinking of the “Ol’ One-Eye” skit on the Benny Hill show)

13. Promises Dogs Have Difficulty Keeping:

#6 “I will not eat the cat’s food, either before or after the cat has eaten it.”

14. Blech! That’d certainly make me keep my mouth closed.

Cute photo, though. Kitteh loves his big brother/sister.

15. Very cute. Kitteh’s body language says “I wuv you, goggie!” ♥

16. The tongue, though, peeps. Once I see it, i can’t unsee it. 8O

17. Is it the matchingks that’s so upsetting?

18. I don’t know why, but this pic reminds me of the “No Cat Farts” picture. One of the funnier I’ve seen on CO! :D

In another related story, we got a used Cornish Rex and he had a ridiculous name. We started calling him, “Mr. Sphincter” because he would do just ^THIS^ to us. He’d jump up in your lap, then immediately turn his butt to your face and present his…yeah…^THAT^. Course, he had no fur so you got the whole picture, lol.

What was funny was that so many people just called him Mr. Sphinx because they had not a clue what we were saying and figured it had something to do with him being one of them thar fancy pants Egyptian cats. Don’t you learn that term in basic Biology class?

I miss Mr. Sphincter. He was the best bedwarmer.

19. Hm. Tried to find a webcomic I saw once with a guy laying in bed, and the cat hops up and sits on his face. He mumbles something along the line of ‘…and lo, though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no puckered cat butts’

20. If I had to guess, I’d guess it was the MacHill webcomic.

21. It was Something Positive with Randy and Choo Choo Bear :D

22. The Original Jane says:

You got a “used” cat????

23. Why do cats do that? Is it to show their superiority? An editorial comment on humans? To show how little they need/fear us? Did I just answer my own question?

24. From something I read once, they do that to acknowledge you as alpha cat. They’re granting you sniffing privileges. :)

25. Uh, I’m not sure if that’s better or worse.

26. Blue Footed Booby says:

I suspect it’s for the same reason that my collie mix constantly knocks stuff over swinging his butt around like a whip: they have no idea where there butts are in relation to their head.

27. I had a cornish rex as a foster kitteh once, and they are like little hot water bottles – so warm!

28. Ha ha, this morning Skippy jumped up on my pillow and presented his behind to me, and I smooched his right ‘tock with my nose almost on his, you know, then wondered how many people would think that was disgusting.

29. TrixandSam says:

I think you need to distinguish between those who would find it disgusting but(t) do it as well, and those who find it outright disgusting. Since I’ve done this with my dogs, I guess I’d fall in the former group rather than the latter.

30. Same here, but not with all of my cats – some of them, I have to be more careful with. [ahem]

31. Guess what?

Kitteh butt!

32. *tee hee*

33. blehhhh!

I’d make the same face, puppeh…

34. What a sweet, pretty black kitteh, even the little pink butt.

This is a precious, priceless picture.

35. Amen!

36. Odor Eater, canine version

37. emmberrann says:

Odor Licker, mebbe, 260O.
    I’ll bet Dog’s glad it’s a normal pussycat instead of a woodpussycat (read: “skunk”)!
    Nonetheless, I bow to your talent.

38. We call it doing the cyclops in my house. :lol:

39. Startled cyclops = exclamation point.

40. Black kitties are the sweetest. And they smell like licorice.

41. cyberpunkrocker says:

My long ago departed black cat was named Licorice!

42. Oh, if only all parts of them smelled like licorice, lol!

43. Yeah, my Murphy’s paws smell like corn chips. I call him Frito Foot.

44. KittyMarthaPoo says:

I know a lot of people say their pups smell like Fritos – my beagle’s tummy smells like cheese popcorn – it always has, since the day we got him.

45. And their fur is the softest!

46. Both my girls were/are black and white, and their fur was/is softer than the boys’. I never associated the fur texture with the color before! (My first pair, Tabby and Butch, and my current pair, Ezri and Kyuri, have the same colorings. Girls are black & white, and boys are orange & white.)

47. AWW :D I would just love to have a black kitty who would call “Puma” regardless if the kitty was a boy or a girl :D

48. wonderful. an entire narrative drama in one photo. and that crooked tongue. sigh. i like it here.

49. LOL! One of my cats used to present her behind until I had an idea: Pucker your lips and blow as hard as you can. They hate the drafty feeling.

50. *snork*

In my house, when the kitties “present,” we say they’re taking our picture.

51. What a couple of cute pets! Nice picture, Crystal.

52. All I know is the collie looks drunk on the scent. :)

53. If Lassie’s going undercover, she needs a better fake moustache.

54. It’s the One-Eyed Monster I see every morning!!

56. Ok that’s one of the funnest photos evah!!! Tis!

57. :lol: I agree :lol:

58. Juniper Jupiter says:

Nuthin’ says lovin’ like a faceful of CAT BUTT COOTIES!! :D

59. Dog talking=boy do you stink!!!!!!!!!!