That’ll Knock Some Scents Into ‘Em

If you’ve tried everything to train your dog not to bark, this advanced method may be for you. It combines a restraining muzzle clamp with a pootent, er, potent form of persuasion.

Thanks for sharing, Cristal G.

Comments

1. But But But doggies LOVE the kitty aroma!! Or at least my two “special” doggies did. Couldn’t keep ‘em out of the cat box, no I couldn’t!

I bet the sweet kitty kitty has totally nibble-able pink toe beans :) :) :)

2. Blech! That’d certainly make me keep my mouth closed.

Cute photo, though. Kitteh loves his big brother/sister.

3. The tongue, though, peeps. Once I see it, i can’t unsee it. 8O

4. I don’t know why, but this pic reminds me of the “No Cat Farts” picture. One of the funnier I’ve seen on CO! :D

In another related story, we got a used Cornish Rex and he had a ridiculous name. We started calling him, “Mr. Sphincter” because he would do just ^THIS^ to us. He’d jump up in your lap, then immediately turn his butt to your face and present his…yeah…^THAT^. Course, he had no fur so you got the whole picture, lol.

What was funny was that so many people just called him Mr. Sphinx because they had not a clue what we were saying and figured it had something to do with him being one of them thar fancy pants Egyptian cats. Don’t you learn that term in basic Biology class?

I miss Mr. Sphincter. He was the best bedwarmer.

5. Ha ha, this morning Skippy jumped up on my pillow and presented his behind to me, and I smooched his right ‘tock with my nose almost on his, you know, then wondered how many people would think that was disgusting.

6. Guess what?

Kitteh butt!

7. blehhhh!

I’d make the same face, puppeh…

8. TrixandSam says:

I think you need to distinguish between those who would find it disgusting but(t) do it as well, and those who find it outright disgusting. Since I’ve done this with my dogs, I guess I’d fall in the former group rather than the latter.

9. What a sweet, pretty black kitteh, even the little pink butt.

This is a precious, priceless picture.

10. TrixandSam says:

My old pup Teddy loved visiting the cat’s litter box (kitty’s name was Angel). I finally put a sign on the litter box cover that read “Angel’s Litter Box and Cafe”. My (ex)husband was not amused.

11. Being owned by a black kitteh, I can tell you that the li’l one most likely has black toe-beans. And black nosie. And black ears. Or, as we joke in our household, there was not quite enough black skin left for his butt. :)

(thinking of the “Ol’ One-Eye” skit on the Benny Hill show)

12. JLAmusings says:

My bff had a dog who enjoyed grazing through the litter box like it was a smorgasbord too. She called his treats “kitty poopsicles”.

13. Hm. Tried to find a webcomic I saw once with a guy laying in bed, and the cat hops up and sits on his face. He mumbles something along the line of ‘…and lo, though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no puckered cat butts’

14. If I had to guess, I’d guess it was the MacHill webcomic.

15. Odor Eater, canine version

16. I thought they were ‘cookies’

17. emmberrann says:

Odor Licker, mebbe, 260O.
    I’ll bet Dog’s glad it’s a normal pussycat instead of a woodpussycat (read: “skunk”)!
    Nonetheless, I bow to your talent.

18. The Original Jane says:

You got a “used” cat????

19. We call it doing the cyclops in my house. :lol:

20. Black kitties are the sweetest. And they smell like licorice.

21. katfighter says:

In my house, they’re “Kitty Box Krunchies”.

22. Startled cyclops = exclamation point.

23. Why do cats do that? Is it to show their superiority? An editorial comment on humans? To show how little they need/fear us? Did I just answer my own question?

24. wonderful. an entire narrative drama in one photo. and that crooked tongue. sigh. i like it here.

25. From something I read once, they do that to acknowledge you as alpha cat. They’re granting you sniffing privileges. :)

26. *tee hee*

27. LOL! One of my cats used to present her behind until I had an idea: Pucker your lips and blow as hard as you can. They hate the drafty feeling.

28. What a couple of cute pets! Nice picture, Crystal.

29. Uh, I’m not sure if that’s better or worse.

30. Is it the matchingks that’s so upsetting?

31. cyberpunkrocker says:

My long ago departed black cat was named Licorice!

32. Moi, Actually says:

Our Bull Mastiff once ate the entire contents of the litter box. There was that tell-tale sandy moustache on the wrinkly muzzle.
    That was after she ate the car seatbelts.

33. All I know is the collie looks drunk on the scent. :)

34. Same here, but not with all of my cats – some of them, I have to be more careful with. [ahem]

35. Oh, if only all parts of them smelled like licorice, lol!

36. I had a cornish rex as a foster kitteh once, and they are like little hot water bottles – so warm!

37. LOL at “poopsicles.” We have to keep the utility room door closed (kitties have a kitty flap) to keep my Husky out of the litterbox. I asked her one time why she insisted on getting “treats” out of the litterbox, when we keep her well fed, and one of my stepsons answered for her, “They’re like potato chips! You can’t eat just one!”

38. Very cute. Kitteh’s body language says “I wuv you, goggie!” ♥

39. Yeah, my Murphy’s paws smell like corn chips. I call him Frito Foot.

40. *snork*

In my house, when the kitties “present,” we say they’re taking our picture.

41. Promises Dogs Have Difficulty Keeping:

#6 “I will not eat the cat’s food, either before or after the cat has eaten it.”

42. Blue Footed Booby says:

I suspect it’s for the same reason that my collie mix constantly knocks stuff over swinging his butt around like a whip: they have no idea where there butts are in relation to their head.

43. If Lassie’s going undercover, she needs a better fake moustache.

44. Smallthunder says:

Yup, it’s hard to keep the dog from indulging in a couple of “kitty tootsie rolls” when we’re not looking …

45. It was Something Positive with Randy and Choo Choo Bear :D

46. Ewww.
    Dog’s expression is like;blegh, cat butt in my face.

47. It’s the One-Eyed Monster I see every morning!!

48. FEAR IT! FEAR THE CAT BUTT!

49. And their fur is the softest!

50. Ok that’s one of the funnest photos evah!!! Tis!

51. AWW :D I would just love to have a black kitty who would call “Puma” regardless if the kitty was a boy or a girl :D

52. :lol: I agree :lol:

53. Both my girls were/are black and white, and their fur was/is softer than the boys’. I never associated the fur texture with the color before! (My first pair, Tabby and Butch, and my current pair, Ezri and Kyuri, have the same colorings. Girls are black & white, and boys are orange & white.)

54. SharonK1973 says:

A friend of mine calls them “Kitty Roca”

55. Juniper Jupiter says:

Nuthin’ says lovin’ like a faceful of CAT BUTT COOTIES!! :D

56. KittyMarthaPoo says:

I know a lot of people say their pups smell like Fritos – my beagle’s tummy smells like cheese popcorn – it always has, since the day we got him.

57. This is why I have only cats. LOL

58. Amen!

59. Dog talking=boy do you stink!!!!!!!!!!