Just Not My Type

There is a plague upon typography, a pestilence so vile that graphic designers hurl themselves screaming from their office windows at the mere mention of its name — and that’s if they’re in a good mood. A horror so horrifically horrible it could only be called…

From If Fonts Were Cats, spotted by Ian F.

Comments

1. bob drummond says:

AAAAARRRGGG !!!
    …………….. THAT’S ALL FOLKS !

2. bookmonstercats says:

Thank yoooo, Mike. Now I have yet another excuse not to work. Instead, I will be matching images with fonts all day.

De boss man, he will not be happy!

3. bob drummond says:

Actually , I personnally think this creature is very beautiful !
    All kidding aside !

4. Cat is exhausted after being chased all day by the Hounds of Helvetica

5. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Pppttthhhh

6. Not the hounds of Baskervile?

7. “I think that Comic Sans always screams ‘fun!'”

8. But I like Comic Sans!

9. I like how Papyrus is a Sphynx. :D

10. kibblenibble says:

Me, too HKW!

11. Kitty doing his best impression of an owl, apparently.

12. Let me guess your preference: Catibri.

13. Why’d you link to a gimped version of the list?

Here’s the whole thing: http://i.imgur.com/7pBZB.jpg

14. I’ve never understood the hate for Comic Sans. Yeah, it’s only meant for the screen, not printing and yeah, it’s childish and not appropriate for signs and wedding invitations but the most common complaint seems to be that it is overused. Well, so is Helvetica. And that is all I have to say about that.

Very, very cute cat. Adorable little pink tongue.

15. I am Helvetica!

16. Fird Birfle says:

YAY Helvetica !!!

17. Fird Birfle says:

Is this where I sign up for Fonts Anonymous Meetings?

Signed,
    You REALLY don’t wanna know the length
    of time I’ve spent, playing, among typeface options
    in the past …..

18. Is it wrong that all I want to do is delicately pinch that little pink tongue?

19. Brilliant type-casting, my dear Holmes.

20. No one likes a tongue depressor, Gigi. ;)

21. WHOA!!! A little typesetting humor, there.

22. Oakley, you keell me!

23. You are right Oakley, I can be a little too wooden sometimes.

24. Me, three! It’s especially good for when I’m typing out the words and guitar chords to songs–it’s large, clear, and VERY easy to read at performance distance. YAY, Comic Sans!

25. No way is that cat real.

26. *snerk*

27. Brillant,260

28. :lol: Why are you sticking your tongue out, dear sweet kitty? :lol:

29. Maybe he just licked the envelope flap for the letter written in Comic Sans…?

30. PLUS, he’s got a little touch of the ol’ “looking at first, throwing to third.” :D Spring Training is ON, Peeps!

31. baileysgrandmom says:

Me, too, Fird! I actually admit to being a Font Freak. Worked for a few months as a proofreader for a printing company that mostly did business cards–trust me, you DON’T want your card to have words in all caps in any of the “handwriting” fonts! (Unless you are a radio station–just four letters might pass the legibility test, but any more and you’re basically RURNT, as the country folk say.)

32. Hello, I’m victoreia, and I am a font-aholic.

33. Hello Victoreia, know that you are among people who understand.

34. Me four. It’s easy to read!

35. I don’t see why so many people hate Comic Sans. The name says it all, it isn’t a serious font for business reports, it’s for fun stuff like cartoons.

36. cellarmouse says:

there is hate for fonts?…boo on the haters…

37. oh if only i could approve this times infinity!

38. Casey Kendall says:

*shakes fist*

COMIC SAAAAAAAAAANS!!!!!

39. Comic Sans is people!!!!

Srsly, though, I’m kinda diggin’ the Wingdings kitteh! :-)

40. Thank you so much, orange! I’ve learnt so much stuff completely new to me while laughing like crazy :) :) :) Cuteoverload is so educative :)

41. TrixandSam says:

Did you hear about the guys and a goat walking to Wrigley Field from some distant location in an attempt to remove the curse? Poor goat….

42. I’m Suicidally Bemused? Sounds like the name of the cover band down at the Holiday Inn by the airport. BTW, I suspect their audience is too.

43. Fird Birfle says:

heh heh

nice “Soylent Green” reference, A-B :)

44. Seriously? There is hate for Comic Sans? I use this all the time and have never heard that. (But I don’t get out a lot!) Weird.

45. I confess–I too am addicted to fonts. But I don’t want to become un-addicted!

46. “suicidally bemused”