Hey Sloth! Whatchya Doin’?

Smilin’.

Gettin’ burped.

Kickin’ back.

Tastin’ the air.

Thanks for all the Sloth doin’s, Brinke G.

Comments

1. Marty's Mom says:

Why can’t sloth’s be normal domesticated pets?????

2. Cutest Deadly Sin ever!

3. I know! I’ve fallen in love with every little sloth that CO introduces to me.

4. I feel a Kristin Bell reaction coming on…

5. Urgh. Kristen Bell!

6. “I love sloth. Slothy sloth sloth.”
    -Ron Bleengundy

7. This is so wrong! How am I supposed to continue working after I’ve melted into a giant pile of syrupy goo!! I’m almost in tears over the insane cuteness of these impossibly adorabuhl critters.

The smilingks, the meelk mouf, the huggingks of stuffed animals, the tonguelet, the relaxingks!!!

8. I can't see it! says:

So sorry sloth fans………I don’t find them to be the least bit cute! Their name definately suites them though!

9. Aww, there is Buttercup in her chair. Does she ever leave it?

10. Meelkface!

11. I lurv the lemon colored one in the top picture! I’m imagining he/she smells like sunshine….mmmmmm! :-)
    Also-who’s got the keys to the CO party boat?!? We need to take a trip to this sanctuary, STAT! :-)

12. Every time I see a sloth I hear Simon & Garfinkel’s in my head.

Slow down, you move too fast, you’ve got to make the morning last
    Just kickin’ down the cobble-stones, lookin’ for fun and feelin’ groovy :-)

13. :) I had one upon viewing the picture of the sloth with the meelks mouth.

14. Isn’t that the Monkeys?

15. My new phrase of the day is: “La, la, happy”

We’ll see how often I can work it into conversation without being committed to a mental institution. :)

16. Jackie Rose says:

Sorry, not the Monkees, even though it is similar to their style of music. It’s the 59th Street Bridge Song by Simon and Garfunkel, but it was also recorded by a group called Harper’s Bizarre – which may be the version you’re remembering.

17. TrixandSam says:

Nope! Simon & Garfunkel. It’s called The 59th Street Bridge Song, released on their Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme LP. They must have had a few sloth friends because it’s totally the Sloth Anthem!

Slow down, you move too fast
    You got to make the morning last
    Just kicking down the cobblestones
    Looking for fun and feeling groovy
    Ba da da da da da da, feeling groovy

Hello lamppost, what’cha knowing
    I’ve come to watch your flowers growin’
    Ain’t cha got no rhymes for me?
    Doo-it in doo doo, feeling groovy
    Ba da da da da da da, feeling groovy

I got no deeds to do
    No promises to keep
    I’m dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
    Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
    Life I love you, all is groovy

18. cellarmouse says:

is that a quote from teho days, or is there really a guy named bleengundy?…

19. YEA ! Tongue-hance !!!!! (Thud !)

20. cellarmouse says:

…and it’s all about enjoying everything around you…even the grass…

21. That’s gotta be one loooooooooooooooooooong burp.

22. Buttercup is Sloth Sanctuary Queen. She must stay in her swingy chair to keep the humans in line.

23. Mary (the first) says:

Huh?

24. Me too!

25. Mary, here:

26. What is it about protruding tongue-idge and cuteness. It’s also adorabuhls when kitties of any age do it.

27. Thanks for the explanatory video! :-)

28. What Rachael said! :-)

29. Miss Olive says:

Oooohmigosh. I can see why sloths are tear-inducing for Kristen Bell…GAHHH!!

30. I’m Sooo disappointed! My company, the house of mouse, was giving way a trip to Costa Rica. I didn’t win! No visit with the sloths for me. So sad.

I did win a trip to go and welcome the new ship – at 4:00 AM! And we get back just in time to go to work.

31. This post should be a children’s book, by the way. I would buy it.

32. craftydabbler says:

My daughter loves Phineas & Ferb. Ok, so do I. And the little one getting burped!!! So cute!!!

33. One sloth, Two sloth, Yellow sloth, Grey sloth,
    Tan sloth, black sloth, Old sloth, New sloth,
    This one has a smiling stare.
    This one has a little chair.
    Say! What a lot of sloths there are.

With gratitude to Dr. Seuss! :-)

34. I recently watched ‘Too Cute: Sloths’ on Animal Planet and just fell in love with them. They featured a sloth sanctuary in Chile and I never wanted to work somewhere so bad! It was so cute-they thought one of them was pregnant but it turns out she was full of gas and sloths can’t pass gas so they sent her home with some antacid to help her belly go down. I think the cutest part was them teaching the babies how to go to the bathroom-they sort of squat at the base of the tree, hold on and just go. Their heads go back, they look blissful-it was so cute!

35. kibblenibble says:

That is how I react to dolphins. Just deep, inexplicable emotion. Now I feel less dorky about it. :-)

36. It’s actually a bit up-tempo for sloths. :P

37. Replace sloths with kittens and I´m *exactly* like that! :)

38. Kittens for me. :)

39. Nor do I! I just find their big claws and arms very creepy. Their faces are cute though.

40. If I ever form a band, it will be called Smily Sloth. Only I will know that sloths are at their most smily when they go perps!

41. Baby sloth with milkstache! *ded*

42. bob drummond says:

Well , thank you for your opinions , BUT I STILL LOVE ‘EM ANYWAY !!!!!!!
    So nuts 2 U !

43. The sanctuary is actually in Costa Rica. I visited it a couple of years ago and did not want to leave…

44. THIS! I need sloths in my life x 1000!

45. *clapping enthusiastically* :-)

46. bob drummond says:

I wish the Long Island Game Farm would have some slothes at their facility…I would definitely love it !!!!!

47. “Lala happy”! I love Kristen Bell enough for her adorabuhlness, but knowing how she feels about sloths, makes me love her more. Why isn’t this cutie used more in movies? Also, why don’t we have sloths more often? They’re right up there with otters and marmies and tuxedo kittehs and all puppehs with the cute. So much cute. Love this post.

48. bob drummond says:

Sorry again, but Harpers Bazaar did the same version of that song and it was featured on the Ed Sullivan Show . I used to have the 45 rpm !

49. bob drummond says:

…… only as long as you do not try to smoke It !!!

50. *takes breath*