Growing Up Is Hard

Your favorite things are too small, and people don’t think you are quite as cute as you used to be. You can’t even be a lapdog anymore cuz you’ve outgrown all the laps.

Ant finds some good ones!

Comments

1. Awww, I love German Shephard pups, their ears never seem to know what to do.

2. I still fit. You do not know what you are talking about.

3. Also, he is a cutie patootie and always will be. I am dying to mess with those earses, and the paw pads, and that tailio.

4. D’waaa….! Love this one.

5. He’s a perfectly fine lap dog! They’re supposed to take up the WHOLE lap.

6. You can sit in my lap any time, pup!

7. My lap would never be too small for him.

8. The only possible explanation is that the bed shrank. *nods sagely* You agree, right, Mini-me doll?

9. It’s a butt bed!

10. Oh ahar! What a cute baby…looks like he outgrew his onesie.

“I still fit! See!” Sure you do, sweetie..

11. Uh-huh, uh-huh, yep. Beds’ll do that.

12. Rachel of Cyberia says:

Adolescent pups are the best, still goofy and uncoordinated and unaware their legs are twice as tall as they used to be.

13. awwww PUPPPY!!!! look at those big feets! and those ears :)

14. Big doggies always think they are lap dogs. I once drove (well my husband was doing the actual driving) from Kingston to Montréal ( 167 miles / or 268.7 Kilometers) in a Volkswagon Beetle with an Old English Sheep dog on my lap!

15. Testify! I used to babysit for people who had a Great Dane. After the kids were asleep, Elsa would come sit in my lap, with her front paws on the floor & her booty in my lap. Did I mention she was a Great Dane?! She was a big ol’ sweetie! :-)

16. But he’s smart enough to use it as a front-end bed.

17. And often they still have to grow into their ears, too. Now I really want a dog–a nice, big dog like this one!

18. eeeeeeeeee!!

Waaaaaannnntttt the pupppehhhhh!

*ahem* sorry y’all. you seem to have found my weakness…

19. saw this posted on reddit today:

writer’s block

20. But, tracylee (sing song) we thought your weakness was KITTENS.

21. nope! lanky goofball puppehs! they make my soul happy :D

don’t pull any of that kitten crap on me, skip!

22. Just like my jeans…..

23. emmberrann says:

Wasn’t going to. Um, tl, does that mean I can have your share of the kittens?

24. hmmm… are you willing to trade some of your puppies for the kittens?

25. somebody protests too much

26. tracylee, methinks thou dost protest too much! :evil:

27. haha poor thing is true is hard to grow, the responsibilities that you take every time we grow up = (

28. A friend of mine owns a Rottie named Mozart (or Mo for short). Mo can sit on three laps at the same time. Now THAT’S a lap dog!

29. Indeed! It reminded me of that too!

30. Ah, you just have to maintain a young mind and attitude, and life is still fun.

31. That’s a great picture!

32. Holy puppy beds! That dog is going to need a MUCH larger bed before he’s done growing into those feets and earses

33. oh no, v., do my protests bring the angry devil out in you?!
    (eep! I’ll stop, I promise!)

34. ROTFL!! These big-dogs-on-tiny-beds are fast becoming one of my faves!

35. absolutely! sometimes they take up your lap and someone else’s lap (see: my Pyrenees) but they are still a lap dog!

36. Immediately thought of the “butt bed” post!

37. German Shepherds are my absolute favoritest doggies!

38. I meant to use a diff smiley & didn’t pay attention. I sowwy. *sniff*

39. HRH QueenCat says:

LUV it !!! and the sleepy German Shepherd Pup too; my baby Shepherd grew so fast; he’d leap onto my lap without thinking & I’d have my arm way up high, patting his head & saying all those baby-talk things … sweet memories

40. HRH QueenCat says:

*snort* me too :(

41. Moi, Actually says:

The stuffie on the left is to provide scale, no doubt. As in, I used to BE this, now I CHEW this.
    And, by the way, “Lap” is a virtual space.

42. Fird Birfle says:

“When Mozart sits around the house, ….”

43. There are people in our neighborhood who have three GSDs. Occasionally, there are puppies. The back yard has a wrought-iron fence rather than a privacy fence, so the gambols of the puppies are there for everyone to see. :)

44. Reminds me of my 92 lb., 9 mo. old “baby” Akita, Sam. He has no idea that he is not a baby anymore and therefore he cannot fit his entire body in your lap and get ear skritchies. He also has paws the size of manhole covers and legs that go 4 different directions at the same time!

45. Awwwww! Mr. Doggieface, you are positively ADORABLE.

46. Lauren in Georgia says:

What you can’t see is the cat the bed really belongs to – because she is underneath the pup.

47. We all face growing pains. =D

48. It’s very, very irresponsible to have a big dog if you don’t have a lap to fit it! Where is that poor goggie going to sit then, huh?

49. bob drummond says:

I feel sorry for the kittty underneath him !!

50. Perfect lap dog for the smallness challenged. For those who find the so called ‘lap dogs’ to be more of palmtops.