What the Duck?

Where my chicks at?  [head tilt]

Looks like you have a handful, Luke.

1. Great shot!

2. It always happens. You’re out to lunch with friends and there’s the one guy who says: “Honestly, I’m not trying to duck out of paying my share, but all I have is a big bill.”

3. Okay, so this is off track but you reminded me of it. I recently heard a stupid crook story about a guy who went shopping for something like $14 worth of stuff at Walmart and tried to pay with a one million dollar bill. Can you just imagine him saying, “Sorry, man, but this is the smallest thing I have.” Did he really think they would give him change for a million?

4. Ah, how nice. I’ve been away for three days and I go straight into moderation. I wonder whether we have any pickles.

5. Fird Birfle says:

Didn’t see any earlier. Here, have a CUC*mber instead !!!

*begins marching around kitchen with a kazoo doing a Sousa marching song*

6. TrixandSam says:

How? what the? HOW do you do that??

7. Genetic engineering?

8. sold her soul to the Devil?

9. Her pundacity astounds me!

10. I meant that as a response to 260. But you guys probably knew that.

11. How dare you call me a quack!

12. I’m ducky and I know it!

13. Fleurdamour says:

The party’s fun while it lasts, but it comes with a big bill.

14. Thuffering thuccotash !

15. *snerk*

16. SlaveToCat says:

“Well I’m here, what’ve I missed? Massacre started yet? Fireworks going off? Balloon going up? ”

“That’s the last time I work with somebody with a speech impediment!”

17. snoopysnake says:

That’th not Daffy, that’th Thylvethther! Daffy’th dethpicable!

18. Kari Callin says:

“Why no, that paintings not crooked at all! It’s hanging straight as can be….why do you ask?”

19. I can’t believe nobody’s said it yet…….

20. SlaveToCat says:

I’m done with my bath, you are going to blow dry me, aren’t you!

21. Fird Birfle says:

Him coot. Me like.

22. I looked up quizzical in the dictionary, and this is what I saw…

23. That’s a “cheek-link”!!! When a bird (but most especially a waterfowl) turns its eye up to look, you must cry, “cheek-link”.

“Why?”, do you ask.

Our beloved Peep (a big, rotund Pekin duck) was also called Peep-link.

“Why?”, do you ask.

No particular reason. You know how your cat or dog has a name and then a pet name and then a full name? Well his was Peep-link.

Now where was I?

Oh, yes. Anyhoo, Peep lived in a palatial enclosed area in our back yard with a dog…er…duck house, and a pond. We would stick our heads out in the morning and wish Peep a good morning and he would promptly cock his little head to the side and that motion had to be named. Since it was his cheek and he was a link, well, there ya go.

Also, we had a game called “You can’t get outta the car until the duck moves”. But that’s another post. :D

24. What a great story! :) Made me laugh on that tiring, boring day. Thank you, Mamabear! :)

25. I want a pet duck now.

26. i love ducks!!