The Four Stages of Waking Up

Denial. Denial. Denial. Bargaining.

Ingrid H. sent us these sleepy British Shorthair kittens looking for the snooze button.

Comments

1. Sasha's Mum says:

Kitten bobbleheads! (runs off to patent office)

2. Ohmaigoodness, the one on the right! Such a mouthy, grumpy little floofball, I luff him/her so mosche!!

3. Awwwww, let the redonkulous babies sleep!

4. That’s exactly how I wake up! (Of course, I’m not nearly as cute!)

5. The one on the right… Is that The Group Spokesperson, or just The Whiner?

6. One of these things is not like the others…
    One of these things just doesn’t fit in.

They’re all adorable, though.

7. I lof’ them :-)

8. Drowsy or just uncoordinated? It’s a question I ask myself every morning when the alarm rings.

9. Mom
    Mom
    Mom
    Mom
    Mom
    I’m thirsty
    Mom
    Mom

10. For animals that are going to be really agile even in a couple of weeks…they sure are wobbly little blobs. And adorable.

11. Fuzzy little meatball-heads!

12. The sad thing is that I go through all four stages every day. Not nearly that cute though. More in a “it’s alive” kind of way.

13. Oooowwww! Puffballs! Cuddlies! OMG, I want ‘em all on my bed right now so we can take a nap together. Cute overdose indeed.

14. NYERHE! NYERRRRRHE! NYERRRRHRRRHE!

(deep breath)

NNNNNNNNNYERHE!!!

15. For me, it’s drowsy AND uncoordinated first thing in the morning.

16. The pawses! And the pinky pinky tongues!

17. My ex-husband used to say I went through all the stages of evolution every morning…

18. If there is anything more traumatic than getting up in the morning, I have yet to discover it.

19. Dadgummit, I’m in moderation here, and at the duck post. I just may gather up my toys and go home.

20. My head s’ploded from the cute!.

21. TINEE TUFTED TOTTERING TABBEEEEES!

22. I couldn’t decide between “puffballs” and “pompons.”

23. That’s what I heard, too!

24. Fird Birfle says:

Depends, upon which one of them you ask :)

25. Fird Birfle says:

Tee-Riffic :)

26. Fird Birfle says:

Evidently the Baby Daddy of the Floofeh, marmie one, was

*shifty eyes*
    The Milk Man :)

Mama dun’ been “steppin’ out “, it would seem ….

27. Fird Birfle says:

Also: pyrit — one tactical/ diagnostic question.

If one were watching one individual go through those stages, how can one determine where Phase One ends and Phase Two begins??

28. Fird Birfle says:

*reminds me of one of the bits, where football headed Stewie keeps nagging calling his mother and then doesn’t really have anything much to ask when he finally gets her to respond …*

*Muttley snerk*

29. Oh, whew, what a relief. I thought it was just me who staggered into the doorframe every morning. ;)

30. Nope, me too! If I manage to avoid the bedroom door frame, then the bathroom door frame gets in my way! (I’m the whiny kitteh on the right, tho I do NOT look that cute in the A.M.–more’s the pity!)

31. OK I’m done for the day!

32. These round-headed kittens are stumbling and bobbling like they’re drunk.

33. Don’t leave, skippymom, I wanna hear what youse saided!

Here, have some freshly baked chocolate chip banana bread. :)

34. Yep~~I said yesterday, or maybe the day before. Just when I think CO can’t get any cuter, I am proven wrong!!!!!!

35. behbehs gotzded the wobblolz

36. They had me at 0:00 with the very kitten sound. Too tiny to even be called a meow.

37. Kitty yawning – so cute that my head explodes.
    Kitty yawning with their tongue hanging out – I completely disintegrates into a mass of “squee” particles.

38. These kittehs probably feels the same way I do when waking up after less than sufficient sleep, like a computer getting rebooted – you know, although the screen lights up right away, it can’t do anything yet because it’s still loading parts of the operating system? In my case fortitude, patience, and other adult part of the personality takes quite a few minutes to kick in, in the meantime I behave like a whinny baby exactly like these guys (not nearly as cute of course).

39. smallthunder says:

Heck, I can’t even make it to the door frame — I usually end up hitting the wall as I stumble about, trying to make the feet go into those sneaky slippers.

40. bob drummond says:

Some people called me MEATHEAD ! Not the same connotation though !

41. bob drummond says:

FRESHLY BAKED CHOCO-CHIPPED BANANA BREAD ?? YUMMY !!!

42. bob drummond says:

OH YEAH, WUYIZIDI ! I know that feeling all too well with my desk top too !!! OY VEY !

43. what about the peenk muzzle focals?

44. Mine melted exactly at the .30 paw/yawn combo.

45. That is my absolute favoritest bit in the entire world. I watch it on youtube all the time. One of my co-workers has it as her ringtone and it slays me every time I hear it.

Color me easily amused.

46. Fird Birfle says:

*wild applause*

47. wannadance says:

each morning i wake up, reach out to see if there is wood on either side of me. if not, i get up because i can. the process is much like these those. finally jasmine jumps up and down on my chest demanding her gooshy food. no way to start the day,l ah tellyou…
    i love those kittehs all in a pile, how warm and floofy…

48. They’re like a tiny barbershop quartet.

49. OMGOMGOMGOMG!!
    i had to slap my hand over my mouf to keep from squeeeeeee-ing!!!
    then i dropt ded.

50. Mine, too! Got brains bits all over the monitor. BRAAAAAIIIIIIIIINNSS everywhere!!

51. Wow… This is me on a good day…

52. that’s know as a quantum squeeeeeeeeeeee

53. :lol: That is also what I heard :lol: Sounds more like “AWW, five more minutes, Mom.” from all four sweet little kitties :lol:

54. Fird Birfle says:

a tiny FUZZY barbershop quartet :)

55. The Original Jane says:

The first stage of waking up is Folgers in your cup. ‘Course since they’re babies and need milks maybe they should be treated to a latte. :)

56. Forget disapproving rabbits, it’s all about disgruntled kittens.

57. it’s important to understand these phases because waking up is hard to do.

58. Fird Birfle says:

8-O

*is mightily impressed*

*salutes*

59. First thing I thought was, “If I had to choose one to adopt, I’d pick the mouthy one in an instant. I love kittehs like that!”

60. The Paws!! the PAWS!!! OMG! THE PAWS! :faints from the cuteness of it all:

61. Where, exactly, in the color spectrum, does “easily amused” fall? On the blue side of the wheel? The red?

Signed,
    Inquiring minds……

62. *reach out to see if there is wood on either side of me* Wow! That sounds..uh…awesome!

63. Honestly, they look like they’re all drunk! :D

64. Welp, I’d ded.

65. OH MAH GAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Those wobbly kittehs are soooooo cute! Especially the mouthy one on the right.

66. Truly a CUTE OVERLOAD!!!

67. Yeah,
    me too and thoose kittens are sooooooooooooooo cute i wish i had one!:)