Son, Get That Out of Your Mouth.

I know where it’s been and it’s not good.

Good advice, Sam R.

Comments

1. Fird Birfle says:

YAY ephelunts

DOUBLE YAY bebbeh ephelunts

Reference to the song ” Mother & Child Reunion”/ Paul Simon
    (and mentioning that it is supposedly based on a (? forgot which region? Chinese? Korean?…) restaurant which offered a dish by that name.
    He saw this advertised in the restaurant window, NYC.
    where he passed each day…

2. Seriously? 8-O

3. JohnnieCanuck says:

I think I am feeling some nose-envy. That would be almost as cool as having functional wings.

4. Yep, according to both snopes and wikipedia… It’s a dish with both chicken and eggs, aka mother-daughter reunion. Simon apparently told an interviewer the song grew from his reaction to the death of a family dog, and that he got the title off a Chinese menu.

5. Yeh, but we get to have functional hands…

6. Stop me if you’ve heard this one. What did the elephant say to the naked man? “How do you breathe with that little thing?”

7. Not the spit bath! Not the spit bafffth… MOM!

8. baileysgrandmom says:

Heffalumps, but no woozles!

9. HAHAHAH! I was just about to say “But Rabbit…I wasn’t going to eat it! I was just going to taste it!” :)

I swear that’s what this lellophant was saying to his/her momma.

10. Is a bebeh elefunk truncated?

11. * golf clap*

12. smallthunder says:

Har!

13. Kari Callin says:

YOUNG MAN! (slaps a trunk over his mouth) I don’t CARE if the baboon said it first, you will NOT use that word EVER AGAIN!

14. A favorite poem from my childhood:

“Once there was an elephant,
    Who tried to use the telephant–
    No! no! I mean an elephone
    Who tried to use the telephone–
    (Dear me! I am not certain quite
    That even now I’ve got it right.)

Howe’er it was, he got his trunk
    Entangled in the telephunk;
    The more he tried to get it free,
    The louder buzzed the telephee–
    (I fear I’d better drop the song
    Of elephop and telephong!)”
    – Laura Elizabeth Richards, “Eletelephony”

15. Oh! Oh! In the Mod Lounge. I knew that would happen when I added a trunk (j) to my signature. Sure, the rest of you can make comparisons to other kinds of nozzles and get away with it, but when I use a graphic– instant Mod Lounge for me! So, I will just eat the peanuts and drink from the glasses with the umbrellas.

16. The Original Jane says:

I wish I didn’t know this. Kind of ruins the song for me.

17. The Original Jane says:

What a sweetie pie! And sweet mama too.

18. Alice Shortcake says:

Yep, you’ve got to be careful with your protuberances round here.

19. Hatari !

20. Wise-cracking young elephant makes a trunk-in-cheek remark.

21. Robin Kiesel says:

Good one!

22. The Original Jane says:

Yay! for the Hatari reference! Loved the movie, song and baby elephants!

And the little baby at 1:15 on the video is like: “Come on, you KNOW you want to cuddle me, I know you do!”

Sigh. I think Hatari should be my ringtone for the day.

23. Similar ….but different….to
    Elephant to man: Sure, its cute but can you pick up peanuts with it? :D

24. OH, a little birdie told me that it’s kind of a preview of the 2013 calendar and you can pre-order it to ensure yours doesn’t get lost in a baby elephant stampede (-:

25. :D I’de rather get the Page-A-Day one.

26. The Page-A-Day is more compact but they’re both awesome.