But I Don’t Want to be Baptized

The River Pugwash, has long served as the historical pug baptism site for the faithful, who believe they can wash pugs of their sins, a tradition held since the ancient tribe of It’ltake Amirakl.

Lola has the patience of a saint, Darrin G. Photo by Karen H., taken at Pugwash, Nova Scotia.

1. His only sin is that he is too cute to boot.

2. Well, “his” name is Lola…but definitely cute, no matter the gender!

One of my friends has a black male cat named Lola, for the usual reason: by the time he was big enough that she realized he was a male, he’d already gotten used to the name. I asked her if he meows with a deep brown voice. :)

3. Does he drink champagne that tastes like cherry cola?

4. C-O-L-A, Coh-lah!

5. MamaDawn in Tulsa says:

His name was Lola, he was a showgirl (?)…

6. @skippymom, pyrit & MamaDawn in Tulsa, thanks fer cuvverin’ my beehind on this one. Lola, no matter what gender you are, you are precious and pure in my degenerate eyes.

7. When he squeezes you tight he nearly cracks your spine.

8. i know what i am and what i am is a…pug?

and so is lola

9. That’s what happened to my mother’s cat, Gracie. “She” is definitely a “he.”

10. Clearly this is where you wash your pugs.

11. Alice Shortcake says:

This is the way we wash our pugs
    Wash our pugs, wash our pugs
    This is the way we wash our pugs
    Early in the morning

12. Musical number!

13. Fird Birfle says:

*seeing Lawrence Welk doing a count-out*

14. But will he be a fawn pug post-pugwash?

15. Sasha's Mum says:

I’ve been there! But alas, I didn’t have any pugs with me.

16. Sasha's Mum says:

p.s. When did Friday become Pugday?

17. He’s cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!

Renee :)

18. I see your “ha” and raise you a “rumph.”

19. Lola is not amused, but she is still adorable!

20. Mary (the first) says:

I have a friend whose new pug puppy is also named Lola! That’s not her, though.

21. sunnylessmum says:

A classic example of dangling pawticles right there!

22. wannadance says:

23. His end is HIGH–and so is the rest of his body.

24. Go on. I double dog dare ya to try!

25. The pug is NOT singing “Take Me to the River.” Nohow.

26. It seems that the dead may outnumber the living in the Pugwash River region.

27. Whoopsie Daisy! Ended up in the mod lounge! I’m hosting a campfire and wiennie roast if anyone wants to join me. There’s fresh lemonade and marshmellows for making s’mores later on. Anyone with a guitar for some campfire songs!?

28. I have a whole pile of Hersheys chocolate bars for the s’mores. Now how am I going to get to the wiennie roast? Oh, I know:

29. I said the magic word and am off to the wiennie roast! I don’t have a guitar, but I brought chocolate.

30. What’s the magic word for entry? Oh wait, typing that’ll just put you back in the mod lounge… I’ll have to figure it out for meself.

31. Fird Birfle says:

32. Jackie Rose says:

Let’s all join hands and sing Kumbaya, shall we?

33. After that can we sing Sloop John B?

34. Oh yes Sloop John B, I love that song!!

35. Robin Kiesel says:

No guitar, but may I bring my harmonica?

36. wannadance says:

and sing: ‘does your spearmint lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?’

‘if you put it on the left side does it end up on the right?
    if you scratch your back in the morning, does it itch again at night?
    does your spearmint lose its flavor on the bedpost over night:..

there’s lots more where that came from…lola would l ike it better that waving around in the air…

37. Holy crap, I turn my back on the Mod Lounge for one minute …

38. Fird Birfle says:

And I was just about to wax philosophical about the intellectualism and literary knowledge of the CO-ers, too :)

39. About how we should have some? :P (running & ducking)

40. I want to go there. I love cemeteries.

41. She’s right in the middle between the river and the cemetery.
    If I was that pug I would try to look a little livelier if you know what I mean. ;-)

42. Lola seems a lil over the whole pugwashing thing…maybe she’s just been there and done that too many times.

43. Nova Scotia! Yay!

44. Jo Horbachewsky says:

Yay ! I was born in Pugwash !!!!

45. ZeppthePug says:

Yay! Two pug posts in one day! My dear Zepp feels the love- although, there was some apprehensive snorting at the sight of the pug dangling in the air by that sign. Being built like a snarfling sausage with legs, he does not feel that pugs were meant to be so high off the ground.

46. I snorted at “It’ltake Amirakl”–so clever, Pyrit. I used to lurk on Slashdot.org, but y’all are much more fun and the puns just slay me. :)

47. Lola [monotone voice]: Must we do this sort of thing.

48. This is one of my favorite captions ever, right behind the kittycat version of “Hush Little Baby.”

49. My Mom’s brothers trained the family dog so that when you said, “Go take a bath! You stink!” she’d jump in the creek.

50. Fird Birfle says:

MOST efficient and practical :)

51. earlybird1 says:

That’s a load of pugwash. I don’t believe a word of it. :D

52. kibblenibble says:

Ah, you peeps crack me up. Love ya.

53. ….And Pyrit said, “Repent dude,” and it was done.

See you every Sunday morning Lola.

54. lola is disappointed she got all shinied up _before_ finding out the boneyard next door doesn’t have a tasting room

55. *snerk*

56. Perhaps Lola is not looking forward to the Tumble Dry ravine.

57. Jo Horbachewsky says:

I was born in Pugwash ! ! Was surprised to see this picture !