Notes From Base Camp

Having rested overnight, our team of rugged trekkers decide to explore the uncharted territory.

Filled with both excitement and apprehension, we brave the great unknown in the spirit of adventure.

It is Glorious!

Thanks for documenting the expedition Grace E.

Comments

1. Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail and Peter. Keep an eye out for Mr. McGregor…

2. Omg, they’re almost as teeny as the blades of grass! >ded<

3. What brave little explorers. Look at that baby bun confidence as they contemplate which quadrant of grass to devour.
    “I’ll take North”
    “I’ll take South”
    “I’ll take East”
    “I’ll start with this blade right here.”

4. Is it me or do they keep multiplyin’ in each pic?
    Tooo sweet!

5. Well they ARE bunnies. :lol:

6. Nom Tom (or whatever your name is), I think you’ve got some pretty stiff competition in Crazy Pants here. Better pull your socks up!

(I’m going to have to get a bigger coffee table to hold all of the Cute Overload books.)

7. LOL! Who is creative and witty, Miriam?! You are! Yes you are!

8. I thought rabbits only came out of top hats!

9. Follow me, it’s this way to Watership Down!

10. Yes, as I read the story I was thinking “hmm, Crazy Pants seems to have been training in the school of Nomtom.”

11. Silly T.U.M. Those are EXPLORER rabbits.

12. A pith helmet then?

13. I would really, really like to nibble gently on these bunnies.

14. Cats have boxes, rabbits have hats.

15. That one in picture two, front of the pack, with the black muzzle! I may need resuscitation, stat

16. Fird Birfle says:

*GO for it, sk’mom :) *

Also : it’s always nice, when you can color-coordinate your band of hardy
    explorers like this !!!

OTOH, I suppose these youngsters haven’t quite got the world-weary ennui and
    disapproval thing down yet. They look positively squirmy, with scientific curiosity!!!

17. Fird Birfle says:

I”m not so sure ….no Superduper Acme “ExpandO” runon sentences, here ….. ;)

18. Fird Birfle says:

*giggle*

19. The axes of snorgling are strong on these ones…

20. That book makes me cry!

21. Oh, Firdie, I think you need to bring out the defibrimajiggy.

22. Fird Birfle says:

Here’s the standard one. The Hello Kitty model is out for repairs.

*Calls out for additional CuteMergenCy Staff to report in*

23. The Defibramajiggyâ„¢ gives your heart extra rhythm.

24. hmmm, I suppose the hello kitty defibrilamobob does get heavy use, but the standard model isn’t cute at all *gets busy with glitter glue and fluffy butterfly stickers* There. Much better. Cute baby bunnies, I love the wobbly-nose stubby-ear baby bun stage!

25. Forget the Elvis painting on black velvet, I want one of those black bunnies!

26. *Thinking about NTMTOM’s socks* 8O

27. Theresa, you are weird.

28. y’all just made my day, every last one of you

29. And NTMTOM socks give your feet extra rhythm.

30. Hey, I didn’t bring up the socks!!! :P

31. or the broccoli ice cream

32. I had a black foster bun for a while… he was very cuddle-able!

33. What are you suggesting, ceejoe?

34. heh heh… [shifty eyes] … ummm, … just that … ummm … we’re all a little weird here… yeah, that’s it!

35. what tracylee said!

36. Weirdly rhythmic. :P *dances*

37. hey, how’s miss schnozz? 8O

38. Nom Tom is the one who is supposed to bring up the socks.

(And I’d just as soon the broccoli ice cream stayed down, thanks. :mrgreen: )

39. Not to mentions Aroma!

40. Ahem.

>north
    You are in a clearing, with a forest surrounding you on all sides. A path leads south. On the ground is a pile of leaves.
    >eat leaves
    I don’t think that the pile of leaves would agree with you.
    >north
    The forest becomes impenetrable to the north.

41. God I love Rabbits….

42. Fleurdamour says:

Dr. Livingsbun, I presume.

43. In the last pic, the bunnehs are in a perfect V-formation!

44. I was thinking Doctor Lapingston :lol:

45. Yeah but it’s or miss. Astrology might be involved. Planets and stars have to align with…well, usually chocolate.

46. OH i just love that book!

47. I Haz a Funny Bone says:

Crazy Pants is AKA Miriam? Or vice versa?

48. this is one of the most consistantly continuously HILARIOUS threads we’ve had since the fuzzy bagel one, which won, to my mind..

when i looked at these bunns in the pics all i could think was: i wanna be one,l i wanna be there, i n that cool carpet grass up to my ears, with my beloved sibs, and i want to set out on a cool green adventure. so badly do i want this.
    human childhood: the smell of hose water on hot sidewalks, sitting in a tub of water, tasting the hose water, which is unique and wonderfully cold.

wait for me, troops….

49. Perfectly stated.

50. I love that curious bunny head streycht action!

51. Whew! Thanks, everyone. (Passes out lollipops shaped like buns) I’ve got to learn when to have my Rescute Inhaler handy!

52. Nope. Miriam doesn’t have enough funny bones to be Crazy Pants

53. The Pants have Bones? 8O

54. Socks and Pants– the laundry is piling up around here!

55. The Original Jane says:

I didn’t know bunnies came in dalmation.

56. Yes you dooooo!
    Her Grace, Duchess Winslet vonThumpington is a black Satin, and gloriously sleek and silky black except for delicate shadings of pale grey inside her ears.

57. ThirdShift says:

Nobody gets me. :(

58. Crazy Pants says:

I don’t know about that, Miriam. You crack me up on a regular basis.

59. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST bury face in pile of bunnehs. Wait…I feel…faint…can’t catch…breath…..*hyperventilating*….. must…lay down…but must have…anerable…bitty buns… *claws at computer screen and crumples to the floor*

60. NOMTOM actually did a post like this that was wildly popular based on the old style gaming. So lots of people here get you don’t worry.

My favorite was >hit the mage with a banana.
    ;)

61. emmberrann says:

Aherm. It’s “Dalmatian,” or so I have been informed by the grammar gods. But I am a grammar geek.

62. Theresa 8O 8O 8O

63. I get you! I was just missing the twisty passages that all look the same. :P

64. PS: Xyzzy

65. Axisii(?) of snorgling perchance? ….and yes it/they is/are…the axis/ii of snorgling is/are immeasurably strong on this/these one/s. :D

66. ornery as ever :)

67. they’re all like “look at the FOOOOOOOOD….”

must be like being released into a field of pizza

68. ThirdShift says:

I found the old post!

>banana
    You cannot kill the Mage with the banana.

69. That sounds like something you Mom would say, Theresa, after she commented on all the poop.

70. and that is an EXPLORER hat….a Tilley, I think, from down under in Australia

71. Fleurdamour says:

Lagniappe de lapin

72. That’s right! That post was hysterical and I didn’t even play those games. Clever boy our NOMTOM.

73. Our son Jesse named his companion rabbit “Stew”. He has always had a slightly twisted sense of humor.

74. As an addicted “Zelda” player, I got it too. But can’t find NOMTOM’s post. Somebody have a title or searchable phrase to get to it?

75. ThirdShift says:

Here’s the link: http://cuteoverload.com/2010/12/17/how-infocom-ical/

Read the comments and be amazed at how many secret geek lurkers on cuteoverload. We need another nerd-bait post. :) And I say “geek” and “nerd” with the utmost love and respect, being one of them.

76. Bunnies!!!!!! Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!

~ Kieli ~

77. I agree, Angel. I have just inspected my Tilley hat and it ain’t got no buns.

I tried to explain in the shop, but they ran me out.

78. Yet. “No Superduper Acme ‘ExpandO’ runon sentences, here yet……” ;)

79. And now I’m hearing Jim Morrison’s song about how people are strange in my head……

80. (That song was done by The Doors, right? My brain retains the songs, but not necessarily the artist info….)

81. Calling Nurse Steffie!