Today’s the Day. Tell Someone You Loff Them.

Peeps—someday—when we look back on our lives, it will be the precious moments we savor; so perfect, so rare, so tender—grab your teddy bear! This is one of those moments!

Rattle somehow makes everything else not good enough anymore, Stefan H.

Comments

1. Yay, ratties!!

2. That is soooo sweeeeet! thanks!

3. HE’S HOLDING THE TEDDY’S HAND!!! *melt*

4. So sweet I almost started to cry.

5. I’ve seen the first photo somewhere before…YES! I found it!

But I don’t mind the repeat I still love him!

6. Wow that teddy bears are so tiny, very nice details.

7. Bottle Green says:

I loff the little ratty and his teddy.

8. I remembered it, too, and it was just as cute this time around! I love love LOVE these photos.

9. Fird Birfle says:

THAT IS INSANELY CRAZY!!!!

(but in a good way. Of course.).

Izzit a Steiff original???

*faints ded away*

10. Oh my goodness, you just made me cry!! Today is the one-year anniversary of a good friend’s death. I never did get to tell him how much he meant to me. Thanks for unintentionally touching my life. Now pick up the phone and call a friend!

11. Fird Birfle says:

also also it’s an International Coffees Moment.

(I hope this is the correct url/ link????)

12. That second picture is so incredibly sweet: The tiny paw holding the teddy, the ratty tucked into the oh so soft blankie, the little ratty fingers peeking out from under the chin. I could go on and on…

13. Mary (the first) says:

I don’t even know what to say. Those are so sweet! And the whiskers!!! omg.

14. My social studies teacher was talking about propaganda and showed me an ad that is SCARY.

I’m sure some of you have seen this before, but I need to share the terror.

15. Good lord, this is so sweet my eyes are watering. :-)

16. Crazy Pants says:

Pyrit! So good. It makes me wanna call my mom!

17. Crazy Pants says:

Just to clarify, my mom is neither a teddy nor a rat.

18. Please tell me the ratty in the first photo is named Igor.

19. SlaveToCat says:

AAWWWWW Everyone deserves a teddy…

Turns into jello juice.

20. Head tiltin cute.

21. OH. EM. GEE. SOOOOO sweet!!!!

22. I was wondering… : )

23. Rats…sweet beyond ordinary sweetness. My rat didn’t have a teddy bear–poor deprived baby–but I made him a rat-sized sleeping bag which he adored. Rats are love.

24. I think I need to get a teddy bear for my little mouse, Rosalina, now.

25. KittyAdventures says:

Ratties are the best aren’t they!

26. Mary (the first) says:

I’m tempted to get a mouse for my teddy bear….

27. squeeee! such a shame my ham, Caramel is a tuff lil grrl. she don’t do teddy bears ;(

28. Where do people get these insanely small teddy bears?? I like to imagine a company that specializes in rat-sized everything. :)

29. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

The very best!

30. That’s the nicest mousie in the whoooole wide world.

31. This is the cutest cute overload post I have ever seen.

WHERE CAN I GET MY RAT A TINY TEDDY BEAR?!?!

32. I cannot unfurl my hands nor unclench my booty. I am in a state of heightened squeeee! Please move to the next picture, my curled toes are cramping up!

33. Victoria, mom to 5 rats says:

I’ve seen both of these pics before (and both have been floating around the interwebs for years), but I never, ever tire of them. So cute!

If only I could get any of my mischief to be so cooperative for the camera. :(

34. Mary, you made me laugh. And I’m so tired I didn’t think I could.

35. I want a nap with my kitty, a kitty-sized teddy bear, and some hot cocoa.

36. LOVE this little guy (gal?)…reminds me of my Rattly that just crossed over Rainbow Bridge ::sniff::
    what type of Ratty is this? I think I want one….Rattly was a wild rescue so I don’t know much about the bred types….

37. Oh, for the luvva Mike, STOP! “Stop what?”??? Oh, come ON, you know what I mean! Just STOP!

38. I’m going to have to get a teddy bear for my flying squirrel

39. Fird Birfle says:

40. Yeah, but that second pic of the rattie sleeping with his teddy bear is just over the top cute.

41. O.M.G. Truly, truly ded of teh cute.

42. These are so great. They make my heart happy. I have a tiny teddy bear myself, but no rat to love it.

43. Looks like someone practiced newborn photography poses on rats…
    Love it! Way cuter with rats!

44. These are adorable!!

45. aiihh … a RAT … the qte … kills … me *dies*

46. Whaddaa ya try-na do, get us all killed?!

You get your manufacturers-o-rat-sized-wares company, and then the world will explode in a massive rainbow-colored explosion of confetti, streamers, and tiny party hats. Best just let that dream go, Wiven. Let it go, man (or woman).
    :D

47. bookmonstercats says:

Worse, in some ways, than the Nazi propaganda about Jews, pre WWII, Z.R. I saw some in the Holocaust Exhibition in the Imperial War Museum. They were German schoolchildren’s books. The Aryans were pictured as gleaming and groomed, whereas the Jewish people were pictured as sinister, black and shadowed. I’m not Jewish, but I still have nightmares about it.

48. I have neither the rat nor the teddy. I am all verklempt. *sobbing silently*

49. I have the first picture posted up on my wall in cute in my office at work, but I haven’t seen that second picture before! It’s even squeeier than the first!

The photographer is Ellen van Deelen: http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=545092

She even has a book published with these photographs: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/898396

50. Seriously this is one of the cutest things I have ever seen!!!!

51. KittyMarthaPoo says:

I know. That second picture is one of the most precious things I have ever seen.

52. Fird Birfle says:

*gives Rachael this:

53. * on my wall OF cute….

54. She also has a bunch of stuff on RedBubble: http://www.redbubble.com/people/ellen

I love her work!

55. Thank you! That helps. At least the sobbing has stopped.

56. ditto : )

57. smallthunder says:

OK, OK … the first pix bowled me over with its amazing cuteness … but then the second!

Ai, the second one!

Waaaay too cute for my constitution to handle.

I guess I’m just going to have to call in cute to work, and stay transfixed in front of my computer all day …

[I would stay in bed — if only I had such an absolutely adorable snoozing bedmate!]

58. Like everyone else, I’m just loving these pics! We currently have a hammie but after seeing this (and hearing many wonderful things about rats) I would love to have a rat next time around! :o)

59. so sweet… the second pic especially!!!!!!!

60. wannadance says:

as well you should, as well we all should. my friends with those tattoos are aging and dying, someone has to remember

61. wannadance says:

did he sleep inside it? wooooo, that is so wonderful!

62. wannadance says:

she needs a grrrl pith helmet or a boonie. i love a tuff ham..

63. wannadance says:

mmmeeeeee. hat, meeeeeeee hat..
    small demanding rat voice………

64. wannadance says:

hallmark store, keychain section

65. wannadance says:

fer the luv of everything, do something to hep this woman’s booty. now MY booty is contracting in worry of hers…

we are all a tribe,l guess…

66. wannadance says:

i had a pink teddy, all upgebeaten, i gave it to my kitty, along with an issue of ‘the new yorker’ she particularly loved. it was her birthday she loved it.

67. I had to go to the hospital today, and I was scared out of my wits thinking what’s wrong with me. What I actually thought was “I want my teddy bear!”

Turns out I was fine. I also got a cute, kids’ band-aid and Simpsons-stickers.

I’m 28.

68. People, in case I depart this life overnight, I want you all to know how much I love and appreciate you. I’ve had a wicked toothache since Monday and am beginning to think it won’t just go away by itself. I’ll call the dentist tomorrow if I make it.
    Isn’t it funny how I spend many hundreds of dollars on dental care for my cats, while my own teeth rot in my head….

69. OOOH!! I just had a flash to the Worms on Men in Black!

70. AWWW!! This makes me want to like Rats…

71. I bought a lamb stuffed animal for Easter for my daughter who is 11. I love it so much and sooo incredibly soft, she’s going to have to pry it from my embrace.

I’m 45. :o

72. smallthunder says:

Skippymom! Take care of your teeth! You need them to smile at photos of adorable rats with teddy bears, no?

73. smallthunder says:

Ahem.

I’m sorry.

I don’t understand the points you two are trying to make.

Are you suggesting that I shouldn’t covet funny band-aids and soft stuffed animals at my advanced age??????

Stuff and nonsense!

Now run along and play …

74. smallthunder says:

Oh, my — I’ve been told my comment “is awaiting moderation.”

Hmmm.

Well, I guess that’s OK — I’ve always believed everything should be done in moderation.

Including moderation.
    ;)

75. I have barely survived sloths, talking porcupines, box-addicted cats and on and on but that first pic nearly stopped my heart.

“See my teddy? He’s mine.”

I am a puddle of goo that can type.

76. Victoria, mom to 5 rats says:

It’s a dumbo rat with what appear to be “husky” markings. I haven’t seen very many husky rats here in the states, but the photographer is from Holland, I believe, so maybe they’re more common over there. Or maybe they’re just not common in my area.

If you decide to get one, make sure you get at least two (same sex or spayed/neutered, obv.) and don’t buy from pet stores. Find a rescue or responsible breeder. :)