Hush, Little Baby, Don’t Say a Word

Kitty’s still the one that is pre-furred
and if little baby doesn’t like it,
Kitty will help it pack a travel kit.

Kitty Bella says, “Cats rule, babies drool.” Thanks for the cuteness, Larry G.

Comments

1. “Pre-furred!” I loffs it.

2. as if saying “come here my pretty. and bring your little dog too”

3. Kitties rule the wurld.

4. Cat sez: This ain’t no bassinet. This is be a whoop-your-ass-inet.

5. Reminds me of the plaque I got my mother: “What do you mean, my grandchild has a tail?” Now they all do.

6. And the potty training is vastly easier.

7. Anonymoose says:

Oh! Thank you for this. I had a tuxedo gal named Bella too. She looked so much like this Kitty! She was such a lover – as soon as you sat down, she was in your lap purring and making biscuits. She passed away from feline leukemia in ’08. Still miss her! Thanks for the smile.

8. &*)*#&&#^^&^^%^&** yes

9. Martha in Washington says:

I think this cat ATE the baby. Big kitty!

10. Which way to the Mod Lounge? I’m about to make a completely inappropriate remark.

Cat is lurking, waiting to steal baby’s breff.

11. OMG, it’s my Dante!!!

12. Theresa, why’d you let Dante eat the baby?

13. He looks pissed. THIS BABY THING SHALL NOT BE TOLERATED!

14. I can just hear Bella now ……………….
    Come on man ! you know this is puuuuurfect as my throne ! There is NO WAY
    you’re gonna waste it on a baby !!!

15. SNERK

16. I’m still your baby, right mom?

17. I don’t know, Skippymom, I guess I just hate America. :P

18. My mother has told me that after I was born she felt consumed by guilt because she wasn’t paying enough attention to the cat.

19. Yeah! I got your baby right here!
    What you gona do about it?

20. Ha ha.
    In our house, when Eddy is being an a**hole to the others and they don’t fight back, I tell them they’re letting the terrorists win.

21. I’m in moderation, even though I used strategically placed asterisks? Maybe it wasn’t that, maybe it was the terrorists.

22. Woohoo, I’m in double moderation!

23. What’s a craddle?

24. I’m not even trying to censor myself today.

I’ve been told that my beloved father, after…um…private adult time with my mother, would go and find the dog and bring him back to his (the dog’s) snoozing spot because he (my dad) felt bad about having kicked him off the bed and out of the bedroom.

My parents are now divorced, and my dad is owned by a pampered dog and two very spoiled cats.

25. That means double scoop of double-chocolate ice cream for you!

26. I reckon it’s a typo, but shh, let’s go easy on CP.

27. Are we out of broccoli ice cream?

28. fine. you’re free to go. i’ll just wait here in the dark.

29. Mary (the first) says:

CP?? “Cute posts”?

30. Mary (the first) says:

Well, I think the kitteh is just surveying to see what the baby’s “kingdom” looks like, to see if she (kitteh) wants to stage a coup, or not. Knowing kittehs, she’ll probably decide it’s not worth the effort and will go find a sunny spot elsewhere. That’s what I think.

31. Your dad sounds like a great guy, Rosie! :)

32. Crazy Pants says:

Doh!

What a newbie mistake.

33. Someone ate the baby it’s rather sad to say
    Someone ate the baby so she won’t be out to play
    We’ll never hear her whiny cry
    or have to feel if she is dry
    We’ll never hear her asking, “Why, why, why?”
    Someone ate the baby

Someone ate the baby it’s absolutely clear
    Someone ate the baby ’cause the baby isn’t here
    We’ll give away her toys and clothes
    We’ll never have to wipe her nose
    Dad says, “That’s the way it goes.”
    Someone ate the baby

Someone ate the baby, what a frightful thing to eat
    Someone ate the baby, though she wasn’t very sweet
    It was a heartless thing to do
    The policemen haven’t got a clue
    I simply can’t imagine who would go and (burp) eat the baby

34. That’s the incomparable Shel Silverstein, natch.

35. Yay Uncle Shelby!

36. Well, his animals seem to appreciate him. (In all seriousness, my dad is awesome – awkward around people – but awesome nevertheless.)

37. HA!!!

38. Awww skippymom how can you leave Sharpy all alone?! That’s so sad. I have cupcakes over here…I’ll give you that instead of broccoli ice cream. *tries not to make a face*

39. I will say that’s a disapproving cat if I ever saw one. :)

40. I really need to get that on a shirt for my mother!

41. Crazy Pants. (But yes, cute posts, as well.)

42. Don’t worry too much. It happens to all the best peeps around here. ;)

43. Just put it in the Glossary. It’ll catch on. ;)

44. Oh, I just figured it was a clever pun I wasn’t getting. :)

45. You wouldn’t believe how many people I’ve worked with who honestly believe that cats steal babies’ breath. You cannot tell them that there are no documented cases of this ever happening. They believe what they want.

46. Ha! I am in the mod lounge. May I please have some discounted Valentine’s candy?

47. No, but I’ll share my BROCCOLI.

48. Fird Birfle says:

*hugs*

my/ our condolences.

49. Fird Birfle says:

pooah pooah Shawpie.

50. Fird Birfle says:

yes. “pissed” is accurate description.

51. Fird Birfle says:

@ skippymom: re yer mudder: (but please don’t tell her about this transgression/ mine, if she’s still alive): *snerk*

52. Fird Birfle says:

*giggle*

53. Fird Birfle says:

“C’lever “P”un = CP also :)

54. Fird Birfle says:

“IF” the kitteh wants to stage a coup ????

It’s not ever a question of “IF” a kitteh wants to stage a coup; it’s only ever a
    question of whether the kitteh has time and staffing available to carry it out.

55. Fird Birfle says:

Here Noelegy & skippymom. ENJOY !!!

(PS: where’s Theresa??)

56. How can you just leave Sharpie standing
    Alone in a world that’s so cold?

57. We’re having a post-Valentines special on chocolate covered broccoli! :P

58. Fird Birfle says:

*head swivels*

did I just hear His Royal Purpleness, … around here, somewhere???

59. *all together now* EEEEEEEWWW

60. Oops. Meant to reply to Theresa.

61. Watch out, he’s gonna frisk you for copyright violations!

62. Broccoliiiiiiiiiiii! Broccolaaaaaaaaaah!

63. Ate the baby *and* sez “you got a problem with that?”

64. Was not familiar with that poem – thanks for the laugh!

65. bookmonstercats says:

Another gem for the Oakley Punning Coffee Table Book.

66. bookmonstercats says:

Aaargh, Theresa.

Broccolahahahaha!

Darn the earworm.

67. bookmonstercats says:

Belongs way down the list. Keep scrollin’

68. I know nothing about the people who sent this in, but I’m crossing my fingers with hope that they’re from Greensboro, North Carolina. I used to live there, and I had a cat that looked exactly like this one. He was my first cat. I adopted him from the local shelter and I was amazed that such a wonderful, warm, personable, intelligent cat was without a home. I named him Machiavelli. I had three wonderful years with him until one day he slipped out the front door and I never saw him again. I drove around my neighborhood for weeks afterward but never found him. It broke my heart to think he may have died alone somewhere out in the cold. I just hoped someone saw how special he was and took him in as their own kitty.
    When I saw this post on Cute Overload, I literally jumped out of my chair. Yes, there are tons of tuxedo cats out there, but none of them looked like Mach. This cat looks exactly like him, from the asymmetrical white mustache to the gold eyes to the blase gaze.
    I’ll probably never know if this is Mach, but I hope it is. It keeps me hoping that someone else took him in and loved him.

69. wannadance says:

i’d marry him, i’d marry h im NOW. the whole idea of trying to entrain the family pet back in after having been booted is just so sweet and lovable. ask him if an old crippled sick lady in a wheelchair appeals to him? i think he’s endearingly funny and a good marriage is built on that, right?

70. wannadance says:

ts, i just think that somehow, somewhere, we are soulmates

71. wannadance says:

SNORK!!!!

72. wannadance says:

i think majestic and feeling entitled. she’s the queen of sheba cat..

73. wannadance says:

whadyewdo? ah cain’t fahd a sin on here…

74. wannadance says:

waaaaaaaah, snif, snorkkkkk, kaff kaff. SNORT…little wiggly recovery sounds…

75. wannadance says:

meant for noe

she’s innocent. or he.

76. wannadance says:

that teddy bear. pink teddyll!!! mine! the one i gave to my lcat in the last post, valentines, the new yorkerl…

losing self in the great chain of b eing…i want to marry stephen hawking, need his brains, both in wheelchairs.

my pink teddy! no, it was the rattie post…

incoherently babbling…

77. wannadance says:

just realized how funny the last line is…

‘…help pack a travel kit…’

CEEPEE, i think you ate NOMTOM

78. AWW :cry: I am so sorry about the passing of your dear sweet kitty, Bella, Anonymouse :cry:

79. :lol: I heard of badly spoiled kitties, but this picture shows just how badly spoiled this kitty is :lol:

80. wannadance says:

how true. the average kittie would hear a cat deafening MOVE YOR TAIL OUTTA THAT BEBE BAID!’

81. Rosemary called. She wants her baby back.

82. This may be the funniest caption I’v ever seen on CO. I laugh every time I think about it.

83. :lol: Yeah and the average kitty would just give their owner a look that says “Make me!” :lol: