Now It’s Time For Everybody’s Favorite Gameshow: WHAT! IS! THAT?

The choices are A. baby hairy hippo, B. premature capybara, or C. tiny rescued squirrel.

Tic-toc.  Tic-toc.  BUZZZZZZZ  Time’s up!

Let’s ask our WHAT! IS! THAT? guest for a hint.

“My mama says when I grow up I will chitter and climb and have lots of nuts.”

That’s right, it’s a tiny rescued squirrel! Better luck next time when we play WHAT! IS! THAT?

Thanks sender inner, Mandie W.

1. It’s a squirrel larva.

2. HA! larva

3. LAARRRRRRRVA! [rolls around in sleeping bag over you]

4. Very gently deposits a kiss between baby’s squirrel’s eyes.

5. Teeny tiny ear nubbins. Oh, and a very soft, quiet boop.

6. (Altogether, now:)

(P.S. should the answer have gone under the picture? Jus’ sayin’.)

7. Thanks for the tip and thanks for playing along at home!

8. The eye capsulest eye capsules EVER.

9. Ohhh–(smacks self in head)–now I see it. I thought those were its ears, and the eyes were two darkish spots still submerged beneath the fur. Anybody else see it this way, or am I crazy? victoreia, care to weigh in?

10. Yes, I thought the same thing! (See below.)

11. joools in PDX says:

Me too! I thought it HAD NO EYES… creeped me out. Cute or sad?? Claws seem to be coming in nicely however… (shiver)

12. Mary (the first) says:

Me too! I didn’t even think it had eyes! It looked kind of creepy to me! (And it seems to have generated an over-exclamation-point episode!)

13. bookmonstercats says:

Me three. BTW, can we have a cute-hance of the tiny clawsies peeping out of the blankie?

Why yes, as a matter of fact I do consider myself educated in the correct usage of my native language. Why do you ask?

14. I thought exactly the same thing.

15. Yeppers, me too.

16. That’s what I thought-But it doesn’t have any eye?!

17. To paraphrase Jefferson Airplane, your eyes look like ears, Baby Squirrel! Which is pretty darn cute.

18. I love this new gameI I hope it’s a new category!

19. best. hovertext. ever.

20. I must agree.

21. Fird Birfle says:

Actually, I *really* enjoyed the hovertext from the other day,
    on the pic where les lapins are/ were herding the (?) sheep ….

22. KittyAdventures says:

Well i thought it was a baby bunny.. But that wasn’t an option LOL

23. As one of what I am sure is many, MANY squirrel re-habbers on CO, this one was waaaay too easy! ;)

24. the tiny finger nails are so dinky!

25. (The Original) Mel says:

He looks faintly disapproving. Maybe all creatures with five heads look faintly disapproving.

26. baileysgrandmom says:

Hooray! A fellow Victor Borge fan! (But shouldn’t it be “fivehead,” as in one word? After all, forehead is, you know.)

27. I was totally going for Otter.

28. his head is shaped just like the pink panther’s

29. Maura Mandrano says:

Sweeeet baby face. Two weeks old, I’d say. Nuthin’ better’n’ a baby squirrel for the ultimate kyooooot-ness!!

30. I think that’s a Squippobara.

31. I think I just died a bit inside.

32. It´s that baby from Erazerhead again!