Calgon TAKE ME AWAY

Here at C.O. headquarters, we have a Glossary term called “comfortabuhls.” As in: “I’m soooooo comforabuhls sipping Pinot Noir in my fleece slanket in front of the fire.”

Thanks to this video, there is a new definish for comfortabuhls, and it’s this dog, with his eyes slowly sliding underwater:

Blissful, Jana A.! Also, a Calgon commercial here.

Comments

1. Soapy eye plinks! I hope it’s puppy tearless shampoo!

2. Jackie Rose says:

Just as adorable as can be, but I’m worried about the soap in his eyes and water in his ears. (Marco the Magnificat got swimmers ear because he kept sticking his head in the shower to see what I was doing.)

3. Jackie, this is an English Creme Retriever, and like all retrievers prolly spends as much time as possible in the water, so I think he will be ok. I worry a little about the soap in his eyes, but it doesn’t seem to be bothering this baby.

4. Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Really, is there anything more to say?

5. muttluver says:

Owwww, soapy eyes. D: I’ll just assume they’re using tear-free stuff, since they’re washing the dog and they know he likes to do that.

6. *gasp* How can he see through soap bubbles?!

7. I was at least as charmed by the “Dog-Washing Song” (“la-la-la, la-la-la”) as by I was by the new No-More-Tears™ spokespup.

I’m gonna be singing that all night. La-la-la, la-la-la.

8. kittens not kids says:

English Creme Retriever? Immediately makes me think this dog can find and retrieve Cadbury Creme Eggs year-round.

9. Heavenly

10. He looks like a polar bear.

11. *queeckly, before he sinks* BOOP!

12. GortandKlaatu says:

of course, hearing the screaming kids in the background, you understand why doggy needs/deserves a bubble bath.

13. Once A Fish says:

CALGON!!! TAKE ME AWAY!!!

14. That’d be freakin awesome

15. 260Oakley says:

Sometimes their fur can get a little tangeled and then they are referred to as Clotted Cream Retrievers.

16. I was thinking the same thing–that’s not a dog, it’s a polar bear!

17. The Original Jane says:

And with your ears underwater, the timbre of talkative toddlers are muffled. :)

Calgon, take me away!

18. victoreia says:

*snerk*

19. victoreia says:

Wow, I thought I was the only one who remembers those commercials!

20. This may be your BEST EVAR, Oakley! Huzzah!

21. The dog will get an ear infection from all that water sitting in his ears!

22. He has a built in snorkel.

23. Jackie Rose says:

I’m sure he’s just fine, but I always worry about the furbabies.

24. Ooh good call I was worried about soap in the eyes. Surely a mom or dad who loves this pup so much has already made plans for ear drying!

25. Not merely “comfortabuhls”…more like “comfortabubhls”.

26. Fird Birfle says:

*raises hand frantically because I don’t get out, enough*

I remember ‘em :)

27. Fird Birfle says:

I concur with these observations. I also was marvelling at the intensity of
    the doggeh WHITENESS, contrasted in a nice way with the inky blackness
    of snout & mouf (which, btw, is in a semi-serene smile ) …..

28. Fird Birfle says:

great catch, Theresa. Is it base-baru season yet???

And, how was l’opera, the other day?

29. Heeeeeee!

30. 1. 9 days to pitchers and catchers!
    2. I am so wiped! It’s a six hour opera, and the world ends! 8O

31. Exactly. :P

32. Comfortabubbles. :P

33. Fird Birfle says:

wow. So the world has ALREADY ended???

Who’da Thunk it???? (besides all those Opera Pholks, I mean).

*The Countdown* (to base-baru) Has Begun*
    *tick*
    *tock*
    *tick*
    *tock*

(etc.)

34. Fird Birfle says:

OMG (squealing at top-notes possible)
    THA MEG put a CALGON commershe, up, in blue underlining,
    UNDER THE DOGGEH BATH VIDEO !!!!

*squeal*

35. Fird Birfle says:

nice thought train, there….

36. And in the absence of bubble bath, do you know what produces “comfortabubbles”?

“comfartabubbles” :P

37. So sweet! That nose. :D

Just hoping all the soapy lather is rinsed off properly. And that it’s a natural/green based product so the baby isn’t full of chemicals on his fur.

Just sayin it needs to be said. Sheldon bowing out.

38. He looks like a soapy polar bear! Shnuggleable!!

39. fird birfle…you are the second person i know with a passion for base-baru and opera…great combination!

40. Seriously. I couldn’t hit mute quickly enough. More bubbles for the bath and a glass of Chateau de Woof, ASAP!

41. I want to see the end product! (o:

42. Are you certain of this? I’m pretty sure I’m looking at a Great Pyrenees. Laid back and sweet as can be and more than similar to a polar bear. There are lots of these sweeties available for rescue from NationalGreatPyrenees.com

43. LOL!

44. That is one happy, well-loved, trusting puppeh…

45. I don’t think a Great Pyrenees could fit so comfortably in a standard-sized bathtub.

46. Oh Theresa, you read my 10-year old mind! {snicker}

47. Dogs (and most mammals) have a third eyelid that protects their eyes while under water. In most healthy dogs it’s invisible, so no worries.

48. HA

49. I think that is the closet breed I’ve ever seen to a golden – I totally thought that’s what this dog was at first.

50. OK, Cute Overload. After perusing you for many moons, you have finally done it.
    I. Is. Ded.

51. How does she do it??????

52. Well, heck…

Everyone’s already mentioned all the thoughts I had while watching this and can type 100 x faster than I can, so I’ll go see what else is available in the selections this morning….

53. Moi, Actually says:

So he does; this is proof of evolution. The Creme Donut retriever’s long nose evolved to allow this kind of bubble-bath snorkeling. Think of a pug in a similar situation; he’d be snarfing soap long before his eyes could close with bliss.

54. Love his name. I think the warm bath and the tummy rubbing has relaxed Casper! Too sweet.

55. Did anyone click on the “static dog” video afterward? Made me cackle like a setting hen. HA!!!!!

56. And, why are there two js in the middle of my name?

57. are we sure he’s not a polar bear? ;)

so cute!

58. Fird Birfle says:

59. Fird Birfle says:

wow a snuggly, sweet, fuzzy doggeh and to give-away (to a responsible human)????

Sign me UP !!!

60. And bad breeders occasionally turn out Sour Cream Retreivers.

61. Mmmm…. huh?

62. Oh, I see. There WERE two j’s in the middle of your name. My bad.

63. If that’s a Great Pyrenees, that’s a freaking huge bathtub and a huge hand!

64. :lol: :lol: :lol: High-Larious!!!!!

65. I almost died laughing too! Gotta show it to my parents, it’s a hoot! :lol:

66. Auntie Meme says:

Spouse thought the background giggles were “that animal again.” You know…Teddy Bear the porcupine.

67. Hey, that’s me!!

68. Grand Opening: The CO Cowboy Jacuzzi. :P

69. Me too! :D

70. I wish my dog loved baths!
    Having the head and ears submerged in water like that… is that okay? I thought that may cause ear infection in dogs because the water will enter ears.

71. I think it is actually called “English Creme Golden Retriever” so it looks like it’s a variation on a Golden. I thought it was a Pyrenees at first with the white polar bear look. :)

72. I thought so too! I followed the link and there are other videos of this baby identifying it as a English Creme Golden Retriever. I love the Pyrs, have one of my very own! :)

73. Yes. I’m Jealous! LOL

74. bob drummond says:

that was very hilarious Patris , very funny indeed !!!!

75. bob drummond says:

Just think of a russian wolfhound ‘s snoot , but he/she would need a much longer tub to relax in !!!

76. Fird Birfle says:

*hauls out the Hello Kitty Defibrithingamajigg, from the Hall Closet* …

77. warrior rabbit says:

No. Me, too. Because I’m old.

78. Sour cream is delicious!

79. Greek Yogurt Retrievers are better for you!