Kitten Got Your Tongue?

Sttthooppth thhat! [Say in dog voice]

Tthankss, Cristhtl G.

Comments

1. Humm…tastes like kitty litter.

2. very cute

3. Peeps, there are a whole bunch of vids with this lovely doggy and his adorable kittens! Don’t meess theess! :D

4. I just got lothst looking at them! :)

5. How does this not have a Marc Anthony tag? I’ll give you a kitten shaped cookie if you change it.

6. Adorable!!!

7. BTW, is that another kitty or mama by doggie’s right flank? Looks like kitty’s under the back leg or something.

8. I second the Marc Anthony tag! :-)

9. I just puked a rainbow!

10. astropunkin says:

It is!!! Good catch :)

11. Yup, all of the vids of this guy and all of his foster kittens are the best. Interspecies snorgling at its FINEST.

12. cellarmouse says:

what a wonderful bedtime story…read it again please…

13. So sweet.

14. Nothing like having a satisfying yawn ruined by a tongue poke! LOL

15. OMG the videos are adorable. Such a gentle and sweet doggie! So loving to the kitties. Very heartwarming.

16. I swear that by the end there, the dog was sticking his tongue out just to entice the kitten to try for it!

17. and esplode goes mah brain.

18. this story just got WAY BETTER. all the kitties are rescues and mr. murkin (patient puppy extraordinaire) is a rescue too!!!!! MY HEAD JUST EXPLODED WITH SOCIAL JUSTICE CUTE. read more here: https://www.facebook.com/murkinloveskittens?sk=info <3

19. what’s served in the mod lounge at this late hour? vodka? gin? certainly not coffee… (one can only hope…)

20. Moi, Actually says:

It’s minus seventeen outside and the car needs digging out–again. But it’s always warm at CO, especially with a clip like this one.
    Consider my cockles duly warmed.

21. Martha in Washington says:

*hands tammy a rum toddy*

To help you sleep, dear.

22. Martha in Washington says:

Can we get a “sleppy” tag here? Pup can barely keep his eyes open!

23. thanks!!! it’s yumm…zzzzzzzz…

24. Moi, Actually says:

Here I am in moderation and I thought I had said only the friendliest things. Nothing but warm fuzzies for CO in my culpable comment.
    Ah, well–anyone else in solitary? Any margaritas?

25. Awwh! It’s Murkin and his foster kittehs! You could spend forever just watching these lovely videos!

26. Reminds me of a story my fiance told me about his cat, Linus (who passed away a year ago). When he was a kitten, Linus would sleep on my fiance’s chest. One time my fiance yawned and Linus stuck his entire head in his mouth out of sheer curiosity!

27. I think so too :)

28. Wow, that is one laid back dog.

29. Fird Birfle says:

This has GOT to be the home with the MOST endorphins in the entire nation.

Ssssssoooooooooooooooo melllllllooooooowwwww, man …. totally groovy.

30. This was so sweet, I’ma hafta scehdule an emerg appontment with ma dentist to fill all the caivities it caused. Ah, well, damage’s already done, I’m gonna watch ‘em all again!

31. Got lost watching all the vids of Murkin and his kitties. I’m in love with this doggie. Such a sweetie!

32. I love the look on the kitten’s face the first time he boops the tongue. “WHOA! That thing was WET!!”

33. Awww Murkiiiin, he is such a sweet dog with baby kittens!

34. KittyMarthaPoo says:

They are awesome videos. Love how the dog has a whole herd of kittens running around. The dog has such a wonderfully gentle way about her/him.

35. Oh my, there’s one of Murkin being groomed by four (FOUR) black kittens. ded.

36. snorglepup says:

Check out the stripies on kitties belly when he is bowled over by warm wet tongue!

37. snorglepup says:

Showed my daughter this video. She laughed and said “Mom! Do you know what a mirkin is? Always learning something new…

38. So Cute. But why would nayone name a dog Murkin (google it)

39. Yes!! I only watched the next one to show up, but it was the one with all the kitties sleeping around the sleepy doggy, and that crazy lil marmie decides to go climbing on everyone. So sweet!!!

40. Victoria, mom to 5 rats says:

I’m not a dog person, but this doggie is adorable. The two marmie kitties in the videos are even more adorable. I could watch them all for hours!

P.S. – If you read through some of the comments on YouTube, you’ll find that Murkin’s human did not know what a merkin was when she picked the name. When she found out, she tried changing his name to Merlin, but he refused to respond to it so Murkin he stayed!

41. OMG yes the dog is adorable!! For the best shifty eyes ever, see this:

I could watch these videos all day

42. I thot i thaw a puddy cat!
    I did thee a puddy cat

43. Thanks to American version of Girl with Dragon Tattoo, we all know what that word means now :)

44. Victoria, mom to 5 rats says:

I’ve actually not seen any version of that movie. I first became aware of the word when I read an interview with Kate Winslet where she said that it was suggested she wear one in The Reader. The things people invent…

45. I want to live there. Where is this? I need to call and let them know that I’m moving in.

46. Oh my god! It’s the Boop Your Nose GIF Dog!

47. :) Murkin keeps looking at the camer like, “What? What!?!”

48. err… camera

49. One Skunk Todd says:

Surprise tongue piercing. :)

50. sad! i think my comment was deleted. i put a link to murkin’s facebook page, oh well. murkin, the dog, is a rescue and so are all the kitties! look it up on his page, just search for murkin and his kittens. :D

51. Shoot. I can barely keep my eyes open with that music. Don’t mind me I’ll just be napping at my desk. ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

52. I’m not…but if there’s margaritas in the lounge…I’ll come join you :) I tend to be a repeat visitor.

53. Oh, sweet mercy–did you see the marmie kitten at the end imitating her doggie friend’s pose? TOO CUTE, MY HEAD ‘SPLODE!

54. Dear, sweet, forbearing Murkin! He acts like it’s perfectly normal to have kittehs crawling all over you day in and day out. I guess for him, it is! ♥♥♥

55. This is from the other videos after Murkin gets his tongue pierced.
    It’s Lukah & Dexter & I call MATCHINKS !

56. i steek my tongue out in your jjjjeneral direcshon!

really adorable – check out their other puppeh kitteh vids!

57. The music is cloying… BUT…

That kitttybelleh from :35 to :45 is cryin’ out to be patted!

58. Sasha's Mum says:

OMG, I <3 Murkin x ∞!

I think he may replace Maru as my very favouritest internet critter!

59. Oh I could live in that world. Yep, definitely. Where do I sign up?

60. Best. Goggie. Ever.

61. Murkin has a “really, Mom?” look about him. What he puts up with in the name of fostering. Furthermore, I think ‘murking’ should be a verb attributed to him, perhaps the act of putting up with energetic juveniles.

62. Yawning and lip licking are stress signs in dogs. Here it’s not an issue, the dog is telling the photographer that he is getting nervous under the attention of the camera’s eye …

If you see this behavior around kids or toddlers, rescue the dog and provide some relief.

Yes, it’s very cute – but it’s communication that needs to be heard by someone who understands what the dog is saying.

63. I know I’m a downer on this site, but if this little public service announcement saves a kid from a bite, everyone will be happier.

64. Nothing wrong with it. :D

65. Firing up the ice-crusher. :D

66. warrior rabbit says:

I, too, questioned the name. Maybe he likes to sleep lodged between his owner’s legs?

67. oh my, that is cute too!

68. Amazingly matchingks!

69. Oh for crying out loud. I had no idea. Geesh. Should I have known this?

70. awwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love then a dog and a cat (cats) cuddle!!!!!

71. I wonder what kind of dog Murkin is? Such a calm disposition… a little too calm (shifty eyes)

72. TOAHIR: It’s a good thing you’re spelling it “m-u-r-k-i-n.”

*Totally Oblique And Highly Inappropriate Reference

73. Sasha's Mum says:

(quickly leaves site to wikipedia “Murkin” … smiles and nods with “aha”) … Well, still, that’s not quite as unfortunate a name as running for president with the last name “S A N T O R U M”! And *that’s* a word I would never have googled it if hadn’t been for The Daily Show. So thank you, Cute Overload and Daily Show, the two best bastions of pop culture!

74. I rarely type this, but: LOL.

75. “santorum,” eh? hmmmm….. [riffling sounds of paging through internet]

76. Dawww…..Murkin and his little furry gherkins.

77. I am NOT a dog person, but this guy is a sweety!

78. nevermind…it was just in modland for awhile longer than i expected…silly me. :p

79. mebbe she should change his name to Murrican? :D (Sounds like ‘american’ with a thick accent.)

80. Fird Birfle says:

8-O

also, RIP Linus

81. i love how the kitty seems SHOCKED by the texture of merkin’s tongue. then decides to go for it again.

82. Sooooooooooooooooo cute my dog and cat dos that too

83. Murkin is a golden retriever mixed with those small dogs that can be service digs way r they called

84. you know his name was originally merkin… :D

85. kittenlover says:

I know that yawning and licking lips can be signs of nervousness in dogs, but this dog actually has a very relaxed posture and does not appear to be tense, nervous, or trying to move away from the kitten.

86. Yup, I want Murkin’s job.

87. This video was like a warm bubble bath. Pixel bliss for the soul.

88. *juvenile giggle*

89. Maybe it’s short for “American?” You know, he’s a red-blooded ‘Murkin dog.

Sheesh, I don’t know, I’m rendered ded by the cuteness and can’t think.

90. Pretty sure his last name existed before the nasty slangy definition was invented…

91. luvstehQte says:

OK, just had to leave CO for a minute to google “merkin” and “santorum.” Whoa! I wonder what other words-of-dubious-usage are out there that I’ve never heard?

*wanders off feeling naive & out-of-touch*

92. This cute vid just made Ellen! She just showed it. So sweet!