THIS JUST IN: Chicks in hats

9 days old.
Chicks in Hats

Baron Von Chickenpants

Chick flicks by Julie P. and suggested by Ant.

Comments

1. Lovin’ the lace kerchief!

2. That’s the greatest thing I’ve ever seen. The chap at the bottom looks as if Lord Ickenham is going to knock his topper off with a catapult and a Brazil nut from the window of the smoking lounge at the Drones Club.

3. Lovely chicks with im-peckable taste in hats. Of course, all chickens are born with a feather in their caps.

4. bob drummond says:

That last hat reminds me that St. patrick’s Day is not too far off .
    CUSH-LA MOCKERY and Begorrah !!

5. bob drummond says:

I really thought these guys were little turkeys !!!

6. The first three pictures got me all into the Easter spirit, then the dude at the end jumped my mind to Saint Patrick’s day, and now I don’t know what month it is.

7. What an absolute waste of time. We need more pic’s.

8. Madness! Madness! Love it!

9. Cute little cheeper deals !! The last one made me think of “Puttin’ On The Ritz.”

10. It’s a Chickago production of Fiddler on the Roof!

11. I <3 Baron von Chickenpants

12. Fird Birfle says:

Meee too-who !!!

13. meee tooo!

I see them as Jane, Mrs. Bennet, Lizzie, and Mr. Darcy, but then again, I do love chick-lit

14. Baron von Chickenpants is here for the rent. 8O

15. Baron von Chickenpants… heehee… I called someone here at work Ms. Perkypants (not to their face, of course) and people just looked at me funny.

16. Fird Birfle says:

OK now I gotta chicken bone to pick, here.

The title promised *CHICKS* “in hats”.
    Baron von Chickenpants might be a chick, but is he a CHICK chick ?????

17. Karla Borecky says:

I love the Margaret Thatcher/Queen Elizabeth II number in picture 2!

18. Fird Birfle says:

*gee, I wonder whether tracylee reads British women’s lit, much …….*

19. Fird Birfle says:

comme c’est juste, ca :)

20. And they all live happily ever after at Henberley on his fortune of 10,000 pounds of guano. ;)

21. Yes, more Grace Kelly than babushka. :D

22. The young jackanapes! :P

23. *SNORT*

24. *licks pencil tip to add to bucket list*….
    Raise chickens so I can dress the bebehs in hats and take redonkulous peectures of them.

25. Fird Birfle says:

OMG there is NO creation of bodily waste mentioned in ANY work of Jane Austin Nor aucun des soeurs Bronte !!!!
    Thus, one infers that there IS NO bodily waste, by humans NOR by bats.
    EsPESH during the Victorian years. Harrumph!!!

Signed,
    DIS-goosted and Horrified

(not really but it’s fun to play that mood :) )

26. Hey, Firdie, he’s a chick! Who are you to judge whether he’s ENOUGH of a chick? :P

27. Fird, people didn’t start pooping until 1959.

28. I think she looks more like the late Queen Mother. More her colors.

29. old goatlady says:

Awwww! I’m waiting for my first (squeeeee!) batch of chicks to hatch! I’m so excited, I can barely stand it!!!! I have a momma hen setting on them, and on around Valentine’s day they should be ariivving! “sing song voice”!

Now, since hats have been done, what should I do? Hmmm…gotta think.

30. I call Francesco Frannypants, and I frequently ask him, “Are you wearing your Franny pants?”

31. My bucket list has only three things on it, and having a few chickens some day is one of them. (but not so that I can dress them up)

32. Firdie, honey, not to be all pedantic, but there’s a common misconception about Ms. Austin. She’s NOT a Victorian author. Ms Austin died in 1817; Victoria didn’t ascend the thrown until 1837. :) Austin’s entire life was lived in the period of the reign of George III, and the Regency (during his periods of insanity), of his son (who became George IV). So historically, Austin is categorized as a Georgian or Regency writer.

And the Georgian and Regency periods were rather less prissy than the Victorian age. :D

33. IS HE???

34. Most of the time.

35. Skippymom, that was when everything started to go to hell in a handbasket.

36. pictures! we want pictures!

37. Mary (the first) says:

It’s Monday.

38. Mary (the first) says:

Teach them a dance routine!!

39. old goatlady, do you have goats too??? Raising goats and chickens are def on my bucket list now.
    (I think we need pictures of bebeh goats in hats since we’re on the subject.)

40. Ah, everything is so much clearer now.]

41. Nope. I’m afraid my first thought – goodness knows why – was of Fiddler on the Roof.

“A blessing on your head, mazel tov, mazel tov….”

42. You just know the chicks are thinking: WTH??

43. dang! I knew there was a Pemberly pun in there somewhere!
    you’re too good, Oak. I guess all the Pun Gods allotted me today was just the one.

44. nah…
    it’s not like my Kindle is named Jane or anything like that.

oh… um.. *ahem*

45. Hey O.G.L.
    Get those cute little bundles you’re waiting for a little piano , some drums maybe a xylophone & start a band ! One suggestion for a band name is “Chicken Little”
    (snerk)

46. victoreia says:

*snerk* You win the internets for today!

47. victoreia says:

*snicker*

48. Oak is El Supremo. None of us is worthy. :P

49. one of Miss Schnozz’s nommes de guerre is Senorita Fuzzybritches…

50. omg you guys are crackin me up today…

51. I was thinking more along the lines of “Get me to the church on time!” from My Fair Lady. A classic musical, one way or the other!

52. 260Oakley says:

Or the Dixie Chicks, if they decide to go country.

53. yee haw !

54. victoreia says:

Maybe he’s a really butch chick….. :P

55. Fird Birfle says:

ooooooo a Dixie Chicks reference — melikes !!!!

56. Fird Birfle says:

YAY bebbeh goats, under nearly ANY circumstances :)

57. Fird Birfle says:

@ Theresa: yew ain’t nevvah met mah mudder.
    Git me riled-up enough and Ah kin out-judge, Judge Judy !!!

(Although I might mind my wording/ language a bit more cautiously, than she does when laying/ lying (?) into the perpetrator(s) …)

@ v: now THAT’s kinda the Logique, for which I was GOING :)

*winks mischeviously in v’s direction*

58. Fird Birfle says:

@ skippymom: I burst out laughing, MOST
    inappropriately, upon reading your item :)

@ Theresa: so noted, Ma’am.
    As it WAS, I took the time to go to some reference source, and be certain of which
    BOOK I had in mind. I shall take my correction standing in the corner.

I cannot in 200 % honesty, predict that I will manage to squelch all future faux pas de la litterature ….. however, I do promise to make at least a Noble College Effort at SEMI-accuracy.

Does that work for you???
    and thanks for the elucidation.

Peace, fluffy (or alternatively, reptilian) animals, and really good books to all.

59. Cheep thrills?

60. Karen Hardie says:

Baron von Chickenpants oh lord *tears of laughter* that’s beautiful!

61. I have that little lace kerchief! It’s a sarong from a Barbie doll I used to play with in a swimsuit. I used to do the same thing, and make it a head wrap for my doll. This little chick is rockin’ the look.

62. old goatlady says:

Why yes, in fact I DO have goats! Thanks for asking, since that now gives me permission to brag!!

I have Nigerian Dwarfs (sooooo cute!), four of them in fact, at least for now…. I have 2 mamas that are in the *family way*, Cinder who is due the 1st of May and Buttercup who is due the middle of May. The first time for them AND the first time for me. Again, I am SUPER excited, but trying to be patient, since May is still so FAR AWAY! ;) The other 2 are Cookiedough who is the daddy and Dutch who is everyone’s favorite uncle.

63. old goatlady says:

I suppose that would have to be the “chicken dance” right?

64. old goatlady says:

Or, another career choice could be a writer of contemporary women’s fiction, or in other words, *chick lit*

65. Sounds soooo much more gentile than “Fuzzbutt”, which is what my son calls our dog.

66. Old Goatlady, that is exciting news. We need pics. Of chicks, of mamas, of babies, and of course, papas and extended family. Pleeeese.

67. As the owner and photographer of chicks in hats, I have to tell you that finding them here and reading your comments has made my DAY! You guys are a HOOT.

68. Fird Birfle says:

naw.

Cheep “trills” !!!!

69. Fird Birfle says:

tha heck w/ pics.

I NEEEEEEEEEED Nigerian Dwarf GOATS NOOOOOWWWWWWW !!!!!

Signed,
    (Is this the correct character’s name?)
    Veruca Salt

70. Fird Birfle says:

*whistles Innocence Tune*

Wend, is there *ANY* chance that you MEANT to type “genTEEL” but your fingers or the keyboard of the Ebil Compooter sabotaged your intent and caused your fingers to hit the “ile” keys (“gentile”/ Jewish) instead of the “eel” keys (socially refined word) ??????

Signed,
    It’s ALWAYS, the fault of the Ebil Compooter….

71. Mix it up wif da chix.

72. Space Cowgirl says:

Number three is the best. :D