You’re My Besssst Friend

Thanks to Sender-Inner and Paly Viking Heidi S. Special thanks to and photos by Danka Annamaria who took these pictures some years ago, when she was walking home. Apparently, the dog and cat lived together and that’s why they so kind to each other.

1. kibblenibble says:

I’m reminded of sneaking out my window to hang out with friends as a teen.

2. me too! ahh, the memories… :)

3. Let’s go play.
    Dude, you really need to wash yur fur.
    Yeah, maybe tumuhra.

4. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

5. Fird Birfle says:

Heartily concur.

6. I loff this.

7. I’m getting Milo and Otis flashbacks.

8. So where’s the theme music? :)

9. warrior rabbit says:

I had the Courtship of Eddie’s Father running through my head…

Am I going crazy, or… Isn’t this an encore presentayshe?

10. Aw. So heartwarming.

11. That’s just wonderful!

12. Who are these adorable little scamps and what is their story???

13. Forgot to add that I love, LOVE the fourth photo that captures the kitty in the 90 degree angle jump and the pup’s watchful eye!

14. Pupmeo and Julicat a love story.

15. Wow, these are amazing pics! So awesome! :)

16. That’s just redonkulously adorable.

17. LOVE!

18. DaytimeDeb says:

That is the cutest thing!!

19. The Tale of Boots & Buckles — a new children’s story featuring these two. I challenge someone to write it … annd … GO!

20. I. Love. This.

21. I second that, Barbara :D

22. “People let me tell you ’bout my best friend.”……..

23. That was going through my head too! Very adorable.

24. warrior rabbit says:

Yay! Me, three.

25. Me four!

26. Adding my voice to the chorus of love. And I agree the pics tell a perfectly, sweet tail. Ahem.

Just wondering though…not homeless animals, right? Hope not!

27. Cubbybutt says:

I think photo five should earn this set the tag of interspecies snorgeling. That’s what I think.

28. bob drummond says:

RIGHT ON DUDE !!! Got that right !

29. Kari Callin says:

“HELLO? Mrs. KItty? Can Cat-arina come out and play?!”

“As soon as she’s done cleaning her litter box!”

“PSSST! Howard! Up here! I snuck out my bedroom window!”

“Hey babe! Let’s go paint the town red!”

30. Haha yes! He looks like a Howard!

31. I’m actually hearing the “What’s Happening?” theme song in my head.

32. I’m hearing the “Little Rascals” theme. :P

33. warrior rabbit says:

I swear this is a repeat. But I can’t find the first one. I feel like someone’s trying to gaslight me. No one else remembers this?

34. Maybe I’m too young, but doesn’t anyone else think of Rita and Runt from “Animaniacs?” That was my first thought….lol

36. I know that no one who visits CO need hear this, but I gotta get it offa my chest:

Please don’t let your dog get matted to Hades like this poor dog! If you won’t brush your long-haired dog then be kind and keep it shaved short like a weiner dog. If you won’t spend the money to shave it OR time to keep it brushed, then please do not get a dog…at all. (or cat, for that matter -because I don’t know how many cats we see that are matted into one huge pelted mess).

Sorry, pet peeeve of mine and I feel better having said that. I hear it several times a week: “Shadow doesn’t like to be brushed.” (funny, he was just fine with me) or “I brush him every day.” (With what, a soft bristled Barbie brush?!!) or “I don’t know how he got so messy, he was just fine last week.” (Don’t insult my intelligence!)

*calming dooown* What a sweet set of good friends!

37. Reminds me of once when visiting Dad in Florida; I was running around the development, and saw a neighbor walking her dog . . . and spotted an approaching cat. I braced for a lot of barking and hissing, but instead, the kitty walked right up to the pup and gave him one of those kitty-cocktail-party kisses. They were buddies. :D

38. Queen of Dork says:

This is Cute X 2. And it reminds me of a book I’m reading. I’m sorry for this somewhat off topic post everybody, but I wish I had a way to speak directly to Jane (The Original) because I want to thank her for recommending James Herriot books to me. I’m reading All Creatures Great And Small and I’m delighted thoroughly by it! How have I lived this long and never read this book?? It’s a gem for sure! Thanks, Jane! :)

39. Omigosh! I LOVE those books. I cannot count the number of times I have read them, and I think they get better every time. Like visiting longtime friends. I often think of them when I visit this site.

40. Never actually read that book but I love the follow-up cat and dog books. The Cat that Came in for Christmas kills me.

41. BemusedWit says:

I’ve been visiting this site for around 4 years now, but commenting for first time.
    This post is just great. Tell a story in pictures :)

BTW, James Herriot is great. Have you tried Gerald Durrell? His books are sort of like reading National Geographic or Discovery Channel.

42. Super sweet but I hope these guys aren’t homeless. Anybody know?

43. best