Who Am I to Argue With Fate?

I was going to fetch the newspaper. I was. Really. But then the cat curled up on my lap.

And you know what they say about letting sleeping cats lie.

Rebecca S., Frazier the cat is Max the dog’s labor saving device.

Comments

1. Fird Birfle says:

he-he.

also pyrit: I think you mighta gotten away with things, “justabit” when you
    were a kid. I’m gauging this, from your describing Frazier’s “function” as
    Max’s “labor-saving device”.

he-he.

2. Adorable BFF! And I must point out that Frazier is sporting a lovely set of stripes.

3. Just like our house.

“The cat is in my lap. I guess I’m just going to have to live here. Will you bring me my meals?”

4. Fird Birfle says:

*considers logging the obligatory t**** ta****** phrase, but defers, in case T.U.M.
    is nearby so he can enjoy his contribution*

Also worth noting:
    The names chosen for these two critters would have a reasonably high set of
    points, if used on a Scrabble board !!!

5. Pro-cats-tination: to put off completing a task for fear of disturbing a nesting cat.

I’m guilty too, Max.

6. Two pairs of ears for me to snorgle. Perfect.

7. TINEETABBEETINEETABBEETINEETABBEE!

Well, actually he’d midsized and solidly built, but it still counts. ;)

8. Mary (the first) says:

Oh yeah, when I was a kid the only excuse for asking the sibling to “please bring me some (fill in the blank)” was having the kitteh on one’s lap. So, of course, we’d fight over who got to hold the kitteh(s) because that was a free pass to doing nothing for awhile. Ahhh.

9. Mary (the first) says:

p.s. in addition to loving the sweet critters, I’m digging Rebecca S.’s hot pink chair/couch!!

10. Story of my life. I used to seriously risk being late to work because Stinky would go to sleep in my lap– and that was probably the most relaxing thing I’ve ever felt. I would almost instantly go right to sleep myself.

11. I dig the pillow.

12. Don’t worry Max, I’m guilty of the same thing. In my house, my lap is the goto lap so I usually have 2 large dogs and a not-so-small cat lounging on me at any given time. Nothing gets done around here, nothing.

13. I ALWAYS use that excuse if I can. “I can’t get the remote, change the channel.” “I can’t take out the trash, the cat is sleeping.”

14. Those are your therapy/meditation sessions. Lowers the stress levels and raises the hairball factor.

15. I bet Max has the softest ears! & I kinda want to skritch his forehead crease :)

(and do I see a hint of floof on those toes?! fantastic.)

16. The law in our house is, the person without the cat on his or her lap has to fetch for the other one.

17. I’ve learned not to sit down in the evening until I have done the bare minimum of chores. Once I do sit, my handsum tux kit pins me, and I am completely unable to get free. No more chores for me.

18. That excuse always works in our house – ‘cept it’s the lab in your lap…….the kitty was never much of a lap kitty…

19. victoreia says:

Yup, happens in my house, too. “Um, could you hand me my tea, please? My leg is being used as a pillow.”

20. s'xaM renwnO says:

Nerds!!!!!!

21. cellarmouse says:

comfy-cozies…i’m going to snuggle wif my li’l gooddog now…nite, nite…

22. They look so soft. I want to cuddle up with them!

23. same here. Cept its the Boxer. It’s amazing how big doggies think they’re lap dogs. :)

24. I live by myself, so when I have a sleeping kitty, I just have to do without. Many a time have I wanted to get up and get a snack, grab my glasses from across the room, etc. Those things can wait – once you move kitty, she won’t get that comfy again – and then she retaliates by going after the curtains/plants/wires/insert annoying thing here. Love her.

25. Oakley – I actually recently asked someone if there was a term for being trapped by a sleeping cat in my lap! Now I know – thanks!

26. Fird Birfle says:

Also:

do the humans ever get to use this sofa???

27. And why on earth should the humans get the idea of using this sofa? This sofa does not belong to the humans! :)

28. My husband thinks that cat would not like having a dog in the house. I think she’d get used to it once she realized how warm they are. Just like this kitty did!

29. :lol: I would just LOVE to see a picture of that, RosieLB :lol:

30. AWW :D What a sweet picture, Rebecca S. :D I bet Frazier the cat is Max the dog’s best friend :D How old are they :D

31. One of our dearest departed had the habit of curling up in my lap, purring, and looking absolutely adorable when I was JUST about to get up and use the bathroom…. Greater love hath no cat mom than she endure a bursting bladder for her orange sweetheart.

According to legend, Mohammed was a cat person. His kitty (Muezza?) lay down on one of his wide sleeves and went to sleep, and Mohammed cut off the sleeve when he had to get up. That was sweet of him, but I think he had a bigger clothing budget than I do.

32. victoreia says:

Funny, that’s just what my cats told me, just the other day! Of course, in that conversation, none of the furniture belongs to the humans!

33. I love how the dog is all: “It’s okay, cat buddy, you just nap as long as you like.”

34. This picture reminds me of when I was 16 and my mom had the cat and dog sit purposely in between my new boyfriend and I.She called that “protection.”