6 more weeks of…WHAT!?

Thanks a lot, P-Phil. 6 more weeks of winter. That’s just great.

1. Still makes me laugh.

2. Me too. You simply can’t beat Dramatic Chipmunk. :)

3. skippymom says:

If you tried to beat him, I’ll bet he’d bite you.

4. Actually, I was told that ground hogs are not terribly mean. I took an injured one to a wildlife rehab place last summer. I threw a blanket over him, picked him up and put him in a cat carrier. Piece of cake…

5. Ah, but you didn’t BEAT him. Neither did you try to drag him out of his hole because he wasn’t conforming to the schedule, hmmmmm. :P

6. http://youtu.be/Njx7CGZrtWo My friends (who are Serious Classical Musicians) did a performance that included a live score to the Dramatic Chipmunk video.

7. bookmonstercats says:

Your friends might be Serious About Their Music, but they are great fun.

8. snoopysnake says:

They play better than this orchestra does

9. Staten Island Chuck DIDN’T see his shadow, so I go by him. Plus he bit Mayor Bloomberg a couple of years ago, so he’s my hero. :P

10. Does it make me evil if I heard a Scooby-Doo-like chomping noise in my head, and laughed out loud?

11. Yup.

12. cellarmouse says:

i’m sure bloomberg did some mayory power thing (just ’cause he could) that i would find despicable…but he took a step today that makes me happy – he gave planned parenthood a $250k matching grant because “politics has no place in health care”…

13. 260Oakley says:

I’m no fan of Bloombrg, but he definitely gets a polite round of applause for that move. (golf clap)

14. cellarmouse says:

so far we haven’t had any winter at all, so i’d be as shucked (i meant shocked but shucked looks funny) as as any ground squirrel for 6 weeks more…

which btw did you know ground hogs/woodchucks (sometimes i come out with ground chucks) can climb trees?…it’s true, i watched one do it and ’bout dropped my teeth…

15. Yeah We really haven’t had winter here yet at all… okay a bit of cold… but really only 4 weeks…. where is the rain? (I know it is all up in Oregon!)

Anyway Bring on the 6 More weeks.

ALso “That” is a Dramatic Prarie Dog LOLOL

Still makes me laugh too!

16. Mary (the first) says:

There’s no rain up here either (Oregon/Washington), at least not right now. Bright sunshine. Bring on 6 more weeks!

17. When we first moved into our house, one day I heard our dogs shrieking in the front yard. I headed for the racket and found that they had actually treed a groundhog. Said varmint’s head was at about the same height as mine and he looked me in the eye and gave me to understand that he would definitely appreciate it if I would do something about all that NOISE, fer cryin’ out loud.

So I spoke to the dogs, and, since they had shown Mommy what mighty hunters they were (we treed a varmint, Mommy!!! Didn’t we do good??), they were willing to cease and desist and came into the house with me. Shortly thereafter, I checked the tree and the groundhog had moved on.

18. CLASSIC! Still makes me laugh.

19. Same here. Every time.

20. skippymom says:

I think I’ll have ground hog for dinner tonight.

21. Out of gnu stew?

22. skippymom says:

Such is the magic of the CO Kitchen.

23. doomchild says:

-20 C here, dropping to -29 C with wind chill factor and relative humidity. For the friends of Fahrenheit, that’s -4 F / -20 F. The temperature won’t climb over 0 C (32 F) in about two months.

This just to cheer up you who have only 6 weeks left :D

24. Are you in ALASKA. or Land of the Ice and Snow LOL

25. victoreia says:

There’s a difference? ;)

26. LisaLassie says:

In this case the drama is: he’s NOT a chipmunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. The two Canadian groundhogs, Shubenacadie Sam and Wiarton Willie, didn’t see their shadows so early spring for us, not that we’ve really seen winter in Toronto this year (and I’m not complaining!).

28. skippymom says:

Here in Massachusetts it has been The Year Without A Winter. Which is good news for the sake of heating bills, but I do like a bit of snow. I could go for a nice doozy of a storm for my birthday at the end of this month.

29. Wow! And all along I thought you had your s**t together. Snow schnow!

30. What on earth would have convinced you I had my s**t together?

31. Hi Skippymom…GO PATS!!! :)

32. Fird Birfle says:

*veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy slllllooooowwwwwllllyyyy
    begins gathering supplies & ingredients,
    for baking & decorating a cake for skippymom’s birfday.**

(or, do I dare to refer to it as a…….*cymbals crashing here* POOPDAY cake?????)

33. Will that be a chocolate cake, Fird? *hysterical two-year-old giggling*

34. Ewww… [snicker snort] Have you guys see The Help? There is a very relevant scene with a chocolate pie…

35. Haven’t seen it, have you, Leslie?

36. WHAT winter?? lol

37. Dramatic, but I believe that’s a prairie dog.

38. Potomac Phil the (stuffed) groundhog in DC predicted 6 more weeks of Winter and 9 more months of gridlock.

39. Well it’s 50/50
    Ontario’s Wiarton Willie and Nova Scotia’s prognosticating rodent Shubenacadie Sam didn’t see their shadows when they emerged on Thursday morning.

But Manitoba’s lesser known woodchuck, Winnipeg Willow, is siding with Pennsylvania’s Punxsutawney Phil, who is calling for six more weeks of winter.

40. *tapping fingers sound* Hanging in the mod lounge trying to discern if it was “stuffed” or “gridlock”.

41. *lol sound* Apparently it was one of those…

42. If there’s gonna be 6 more weeks of winter, then how come I’m wearing a t-shirt?

43. Usagi-Chan says:

We’ve got an early spring here in Canada (according to Willie!)

44. Andi from NC says:

never gets old……

45. Fleurdamour says:

Pretty soon we’re gonna need Global Warming Phil. :(

46. In Oregon, we have no groundhog, we use Jabari the hedgehog! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150506364411109&set=a.84301046108.90538.80229441108&type=1&theater

Look at that punim! He says early spring.

47. Andi from NC says:

the term “punim” sent me into hysterics – I haven’t heard that in years but it’s perfect for Jabari!

48. One of the best 5 seconds the internet ever had to offer. :)

49. IloveHarryPotter says: