Let’s Start By Teaching Him How to Keep Everyone Awake at Night

Look, this whole “baby” thing really soils the solid reputation of miscreance that we worked so hard to create and maintain.

Yes, I rather liked being associated with something that was clearly focused on its core principles; i.e. spreading neuroses, insolence and fur.

Fivl, (2 weeks old here) lays on his changing pad along with two furkids FuiFui (the grey one) and Milkshake (the white one). Third time’s the charm, eh, Vladmir C.?

Comments

1. I lof eet!

2. Martha in Washington says:

They are going to be BFFs and have such fun together!

3. News Flash: Babies come out knowing how to keep everyone awake at night.

4. Fird Birfle says:

or at the VERY least, they have the SKILLSET to accomplish eet, even
    if non-self-aware in doing eet.

5. One of these things is not like the others….

6. What’s odd is Mom is still going around bragging about how she had triplets.

7. The one with the ears in the wrong poseeshons?

8. emmberrann says:

Awww! Don’t that cute!!!

9. There were 3 in the bed and the little one said “Roll over, roll over”, so they all rolled over and one fell out…

10. Principles of principals, it’s the principle of it…

11. Love it.

12. I had never realized that changing pads were perfectly cat-shaped.

13. That’s the great thing about cats, everything’s cat-shaped and a suitable sleeping place.

That pretty lilac-siamese reminds me of my mother’s old furbaby, Mika.

14. kibblenibble says:

Sooo cozy!
    *scurries off to buy changing pad for her kitties to snuggle on*

15. love it!

16. Last year, my nephew got a toy tyrannosaurus for his birthday, and my brother, who likes to mess with his kids, told him and his sister that the tyrannosaurus was their little brother, and started calling it “Junior.”

17. Awwww!!!!!! TOOO CUTE!!!! I really hope my cat will do that with my baby!!!!

18. Too cute! Milkshake looks just like my Platinum Mink Tonkinese! They are the best cats!

19. The Original Jane says:

Baby needs to be in the middle of the sandwich. Can’t roll off and cozier.

20. :lol: AWW :lol: Looks like your two furkids FuiFui (the grey one) and Milkshake (the white one) think that your son, Fivl, (2 weeks old here) is your kitten and their job is to help you raise him :lol: How do you pronouce “Fivl” and “FuiFui”?

21. And the littleist one said, “roll over, roll over…” : )
    (Nursery song)

22. “Primates” tag please?

23. Not sure about Fivl, but I believe FuiFui is Foo-ee Foo-ee, there’s a famous rugby league player with the absolutely fabulous name of Fuifui Moimoi, He plays in the Southern Hemisphere (he’s an Islander), and there is something incredibly wonderful about hearing the broad Australian accent of the commentator crying out in ecstasies of joy, “Fuifui Moimoi!!!”

24. I love that Vladmir has all of the “must have” baby books next to the changing table but still does his own thing and lets all his kids be together regardless of what the “experts” say.

25. TrixandSam says:

I loff your brother.

(I told my nieces and nephews when they were young that my dogs were retired circus dogs and that they’d performed with ponies, riding on their backs. The youngest nephew still occasionally asks if they remember their circus tricks.)

26. I’m expecting that lilac siamese to lean over and start licking that downy soft head in a minute.

27. Looks like Fivl is in good company Vlad! And by that I mean with Yuki on CO of course ;-) Congrats!

28. I thought the middle “baby” looked like my platinum mink Tonk girls as well!

29. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

“five”-“ul”

30. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

I’m thrilled the parents aren’t being germa-phobes and letting the little one spend time with his siblings.

31. I don’t know if FuiFui refers to the fact that the cat is grey, as fui means grey in Cantonese. such a cuuuuute name anyway~

32. Awww…. I have two cats, and I’ll have a baby in about a month too. Please say this’ll happen at my house. Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!

33. Ok, it’ll happen at your house….

only if you don’t freak out (like some parents do) when your “oldest” children try to check out the newest member. Always supervise them though, ’cause you know kitties love warm places and there is no place warmer than a baby’s belly (or face).

Good luck with the newest member!!

34. I realize it’s natural, but babies that shade of red make me nervous.

35. How awesome it is to wake up to this! Them’s my babies up there!

In answer to some questions: yes, these are Tonkinese kitties. More photos here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.302229237002.158109.712052002&type=3

FuiFui is indeed pronounced “foo-ey foo-ey” … it is indeed Cantonese for “grey grey.”

Fivl is more often spelled Fievel and is pronounced “Five-ul”.

36. You should only be nervous if you don’t want to change his diaper because from the shade of red and the little legs position he’s doing a number two. :lol:

37. My bet is that Fivl is pronounced “fiv uhl”, that the ‘i” is short, and the accent is on the first syllable.

In any case, dear lord, how sweet is that?!!

38. OneEyedDaruma says:

In “An American Tail,” Fivel was a Russian mouse!

39. Christine says:

“no cats in America,” indeed.

40. Can’t help but be slightly concerned about human-behbeh’s proximity to the edge of the table. Unlike their feline brethren, they don’t land on their feets.

41. Mary (the first) says:

Normally I’m not a fan of “mess with the kids” but this was pretty funny!!

42. Mary (the first) says:

My first thought also! “Who knew that a changing pad is just what I will need to get as a bed for my new kittehs when I get them?” !!!

43. Mary (the first) says:

I thought the same but am unexperienced in babehs. Little ones that small don’t roll around enough to fall off, do they? (Someone who knows, please reassure us…) Assuming little Fivl is not going to fall off, I’m also delighted to see the parents here are not keeping the babeh and the kittehs separated for weird germ-phobe reasons.

44. According to the family legend, when they brought me home from the hospital my parents had to kick our cats out of my crib. I hear Boots and Snowball were not at all happy with their new baby sister at first, but eventually came around. There are a lot of baby pictures of me with the pair of them, and we look pretty simpatico!

45. I parsed it to read like “Fievel” in “American Tail.”

46. I miss my lilac Burmese… :(

47. And now I’ve got that Talking Heads song going through my head.

Sister sister, he’s just a plaything,
    I wanna make him stay up all night

48. No one’s said it yet? AAAARRRGGGGHHHH a human baby!!!
    *puts up hand to cover left side of picture, then looks at cute cats*

49. Lauren in Georgia says:

oh, this brings back so many memories. Of Tiger coming to get me when my son cried, of him curling up in the crib with my babies. The best, though, was the time I fell asleep with my breastfeeding son between me and the edge of the bed. There was about 8 inches between him and the edge of the mattress. When I woke up, I immediately realized what I had done, and opened my eyes without moving a muscle. Braced on the other side of the baby was one of my cats (Pooper – who outweighed the baby by half). He had all four sets of claws digging in the mattress as he hung on for dear life. Baby wasn’t going anywhere!

50. “Always supervise them though, ’cause you know kitties love warm places and there is no place warmer than a baby’s belly (or face).”

Phew, I wanted to say that all the way through but sat on my hands.

51. Fleurdamour says:

Interspecies litterbox training

52. A friend of mine has a cat that will start up a sympathy wail if the baby starts to cry and she thinks he’s not moving quickly enough to deal with it. The first time it happened was terrifiying as the baby was new and the cat had never wailed like that before. But he and his wife have come to accept Bebe’s critique of their parenting.

53. old goatlady says:

Ahhh, gotta love the kitties! When I had my babies, I lived in an apartment and we couldn’t have pets, I sooo wish we could’ve had babies and cats together – what a great combo!! ;)

54. LisaLassie says:

Fear not. Humanettes that little cannot roll over.

55. Where’s the next photo where the two cats try to bury the baby in litter?

56. Nah, no freaking over here. I’m excited for the fur babies to meet the new addition & I want them all to be friends. The cats were fine when we brought the bunny home, so I hope they’ll be as welcoming this time round, too.

57. What a wonderfully smart kitty to protect baby from falling!

58. So did I!

59. *snort**snerk*

60. I like it…..”humanettes”. Qte!

61. True, but even so I’d be hovering nearby with my arms out, just in case. (You never know if your kid might be a rolling-over prodigy!) ;)

62. pssst, skippymom–we mighta thought it but just didn’t say it….

63. Haw!

64. “Hey, this IS more comfortable than the dog’s bed!”

65. AWW :) They are cuties :-) Could you please add me to your Facebook page, vladcole? :) (My Facebook is “Teresa Spanics”) Thank you :)

66. AWW :( I will send you A BIG CYBER HUG, Frogleg :(

67. AWW :D Do you have any pictures of your kitties with your children, Lauren in Georgia :D

68. Newborn infant humans are so disconcertingly tiny and helpless…….it’s amazing that ignorant first time parents are able to figure out how to keep them alive at all.

69. Unsolicited parenting suggestion, with apologies in advance: a friend of mine who had 2 beloved kitties when her first child was born installed a screen door on the entrance to her nursery. The cats were not completely banned from the nursery, but the screen door was kept shut whenever the baby was asleep in the crib and mommy was somewhere else in the house. Once the baby was big enough to roll over and sit up on her own and nudge a crib-hogging kitty out of the way, the door came down. My friend the mommy didn’t put any stock in those silly old wives’ tales about cats and babies, but she knew that her kitties loved to snuggle anything warm and human.

OK. SHutting up now.

70. OK – from my personal experience – babies this young CAN roll over! I am certain however that this threesome was not left alone like this!

71. Susie-Qute says:

Screen door sounds like a genius idea! Yeah, old wives tales about cats sucking the breath out of babies–just means don’t let the cat smother the baby when he’s too young to turn over. Great solution for all in the home.

72. Susie-Qute says:

One of my all-time faves….”Somewhere Out There….