No Exit Strategy Whatsoever

Remember this Boston Terrier troublemaker named Frito? Frito is the one seated, for the moment, at right, until he gets to CAT SNORFING

10360
Well Frito is back! And now at the park. No cats were harmed making this video.

Frito at Pullen park from Ryan Shelley on Vimeo.

Nice camerawork, Ryan S.!

Comments

1. Love the hoodie.

2. Fird Birfle says:

Please note. This is a cute guy who LIKES animalzes. In addition to les trois in his arms, there is a kitteh’s head, upside down, on his compooter screen.

3. I would not have called that.

(eyebrow)

4. Hi, Theo. I recently thought I was going to take in a fifth cat, and I was going to name him after you, but he turned out to have other plans.

5. i know. I wish I looked as stylish in mine. :(

6. Kery Frank says:

Love the middle cat’s expression in pic #5: “#^@%$#@!!!!!!”

7. I think the third Matrix movie should have been two hours of Frito in slo-mo…

8. Mary (the first) says:

I needed this!!

9. Alice Shortcake says:

The facial expressions in the cat-snorfing sequence are glorious.

10. I have tears in my eyes from the cat-snorfing, just because I can imagine the noises that were happening at the same time.

11. And this is how you know entropy is The Law of the Universe.

12. I can’t stop laughing :lol:

13. earlybird1 says:

BAAHAHAHA! In the first picture, you can already tell that Frito is plotting ebil plots.

14. skippymom says:

I love the middle cat’s Insane Beast Face in the fifth picture. This face is one of my favorite things.

15. hahah check out the evil look on the middle cat, in the 2nd last pic..luv it!

“The insolence!! The indignity!!”

16. Maybe what Elizabeth Fraser was REALLY singing about was joyful terriers at teh park. It’s possible. Nobody could understand the lyrics anyhoo, so….

17. cellarmouse says:

i just love a bosties’s melty eyes…

18. Gretta, my late, great dachshund, smelled like Fritos when she was all warm and sleepy and snuggly. I assumed that this delectable scent was a phenomenon limited to weenie dogs, but perhaps Bostons also smell like corn chips (in a good way, of course).

Also, we need to get another still of Ryan for the Men of CO Calendar . . . . . .

19. Actually its very common for puppies to smell like corn chips. It comes from their very cute feet who happen to trap excess moisture and yeast and bacteria! Many people call this smell “fritos” “corn chips” and even “popcorn.” A Quick google search leads to lots of pages on this subject (I believe I read about it from Dr. Fox in the St. Louis Post Dispatch)

20. Interesting! I just thought it was because they were so tasty.

21. You must have read my mind–I was thinking, “Wasn’t Frito in The Matrix?”

22. This is how I picture the sequence of events:

Frame 1: It took Ryan a really long time to get all the critters into his arms and lined up just right in front of the camera. The tabby on the left is annoyed, his ears pointing to the sides.

Frame 2: The middle cat starts to get impatient too, she reaches out with one paw, which attracts Frito’s attention. Frito goes in for a snorf.

Frame 3: When Frito moved, it caused Ryan’s grip to loosen, the middle cat slips down, now tabby thinks Frito is going for him.

Frame 4: Now things get stabby: the tabby rewards Frito’s advances with a phantom punch to the side of the face.

Frame 5: The middle cat finally had enough. She now kicks into , looking like Gozilla. Even tabby is startled by this sudden transformation.

Frame 5: Ryan brings down his left hand again to restrain the middle cat. But in the process tabby slips out from under and Fritos slip out on top. Total chaos ensues…

23. omfg! I can not stop laughing! I am typing this blindly since I have tears in my eyes.
    I LOVE the man-servants facial expressions. ROTFLOL.

24. snoopysnake says:

Me too! I remember that cat from the previous post of this anifamily.

25. Oh so adorable, so funny! Thanks for the laugh!

26. Martha in Washington says:

Middle kittie looks just like my late, great Jeremiah! Jeremiah would’ve just smacked Frito across the nose and harumphed.

27. And then his hasty exit. “I’m outta here!” he says, and quite right, too.

28. My beloved Murphy’s* corn chip feet will never seem the same to me again, now that I know it’s just yeast…

*big black kitteh with monster paws

29. WAIT!! we have a Pullen Park near my old university! Is it?! Could it be!? Does Frito live near moi?! Please say it is so!
    Ryan S? Frito and Miss Schnozz NEED to play together.

30. Le Video: Bestest. Day. Evah.

31. dude, the more I watch the video, I’m convinced that it’s the same park. Thus, Frito lives near me & Mme. Schnozzolini. QED.
    I want to see Frito in action! When is his next show?!

32. Yes! I lurved the Cocteau Twins soundtrack – made it all so… happy! And his little butt-scoots, and running with the leash. Oh what a happy day!

33. Omg I have such a crush on this guy… kitty wrangler and pug luvr…

34. Oh man, you can tell from the first pic that chaos would ensue. It’s all over that cat to the left’s face.

35. pics- hilarious
    video- had me teary eyed
    why is it that some good filming, some slo-mo pup and a song from high school can do that?

36. The above 6 photos look like a day in the life of David Seville. ;)

37. those darn pics STILL make me laugh til i cry. that cat in the middle!! giggle giggle/wipes tears.

what a wonderful video! warms my heart it does. aahn.

38. Um, wow, OK. 8O
    So you’re holding at a Theo-less four? (Our vet once told us “They’re not herd animals!” when we told him that was how many we had.)

39. And without all the half-baked cookie philosophy.

40. “When I said ‘PARTY IN MY PANTS’ this was not what I meant!!”

41. arachnophile says:

I will never tire of happy dogs doing happy things. :) There was a LOT of happy in this video. Hence, I am happy. ;)

42. Frito live in Raleigh NC. :)

43. lol describes this perfectly! hahahaha

44. LOL best part is the 5th photo down

45. woo! I was right!
    Maybe we’ll run into Frito at the dog park – does he hang out at Oakwood?

46. That collection of pics with the animal crew is worthy of CO’s Hall of Fame in my book. I love seeing it again. That video with Frito is a lot of fun too! :D

47. :lol: I bet those two cats made their owner pay for that :lol:

48. I knew from the first pic he was going flip.

The owner is lucky not to need bandages. Let GOOO earlier!!!

49. Dont most family photos look like that??

50. lol!!!!!!!!

51. In the first photo the 2nd cat has JUST TAKE THE PICTAREE LOOK the dog says “why dont you relax!” 1st kitty has annoyance all over his face!

52. Fleurdamour says:

Poor kid needs the kitteh equivalent of a TARP bailout.

53. Fleurdamour says:

The Awkward ™ ones do!

54. sunnylessmum says:

Priceless! Thank you!

55. Hmm. So do I. Hello fellow Raleighite! :)

56. *waves*

57. I had to look at this again. The middle kitty looks like mine. If I tried that he would play kling on to my face.

58. Never try this with 2 cats and a dog…i but that guy had bandaids all oer from being shredded. It’s funny though! :)

59. oK reading the comments from the previous thread from this picture I couldnt stop laughing when someone said Fritos head looks like a punching bad. Pic 3

I noticed kitty in middle must have been planning that right paw jab from the beginning. Notice frame 2 and 3. Whaapp.