What the Heck is That?! Part II

That is a dog.

What kind?

A really big kind.

Aw, like one of those puppies that got a little bigger than its owners expected?

Might as well milk it for all we can, Miriam.

Comments

1. The Original Jane says:

Matchings and contrasts.

2. SPANIELS!

3. Ooh I love optical illusions! Do we see a candlestick or two pears?

(with the added bonus of soft spaniel ears)

4. TrixandSam says:

I think there are three choices: candlestick, two pears or river forking towards the bottom (if you follow the white stripes).

5. Mary (the first) says:

Who knew cows and puppehs were so simpatico??

6. skippymom says:

Let’s write “Mr Daniel looks like a spaniel” all over his lawn!

7. “What would you do if you saw a hippo coming down our street?”

8. i love The White Stripes! been following ‘em for years… ;)

9. auroragyps says:

This pic & the test with it makes me think of when my parents brought the Pit Bull they used to have, who was white with black markings, up to visit relatives that lived next a dairy farm with black & white Jersey cows (I wasn’t there, so dad told me about the visit) . When dad took the dog for a walk next to the pasture, a cow was near the fence and it just stood there staring at our dog, while the dog stared back. When he told me this, all I could think was that the dog was thinking, “That is the biggest dog I have ever seen.” while the cow was thinking, “That is the smallest cow I have ever seen.” They both just stood there, until two other cows started to come over, & I’m guessing our dog thought, “Oh nuts, I’m outnumbered.” and hurried away. To this day, it’s one of my favorite stories about that dog, but I wish I had been there to see it firsthand.

10. I’m guessing those are Cavalier King Charles spaniels. I love the snuffy-whuffy noses and whiskers, and the cow’s inquisitive expression.

11. Thanks for the Dylan Thomas reference(s)! Oh, we’re a literate bunch, we Cute Overloaders. “-)

12. The Original Jane says:

Nice!

13. I was puzzled at first, then i realised it wasn’t my photo :-) http://www.flickr.com/photos/joannecasey/2368047477/in/set-72157604286799037

14. Fird Birfle says:

“HUH???”

Signed,
    My mother would be SO proud.

(Hint: the Thomas Kids WERE NOT allowed to utter the utterance ‘huh?’
    under ANY circumstances, INCLUDING , but not limited to, a head-on collision
    by a Mack Truck. NOPE . uh-uh. NO WAY JOSE)

15. “The Thomas Kids” is an interesting phrase in this context. Are you suggesting you are related to Dylan Thomas? Or that you and your family are actually a bunch of cute little (computer and smartphone-operating) goats? (NB: That would be awesome! )

16. When I read the phrase “two other cows started to come over,” I thought, “As cows will.”

17. Word of the day: “Snuffy-whuffy.” :D

18. Wow, barely 8 AM and already in the Mod Lounge. Mmm, hot croissants and coffee!

19. Love your set of pictures! This is my favorite:

2007_07150015

20. Susie-Qute says:

Hmmmm. Hard to decipher at first, and, then, maybe, yesssss: a doggy (bottom left) and a skunky (bottom right) and a long-nosed cowwie.

21. Aikikitty says:

I love Cavalier King Charles Spaniels! Cute photo!