So, Tell Me About Yourself…

Really? You don’t say? Well, I’ll be, isn’t that interesting! How many penguins, did you say? Goodness, that’s a lot! And on a unicycle, no less! Mercy! But isn’t that illegal? Ah, I see… so is there a lot of money in that sort of thing? Gracious, I had no idea!

Image courtesy of our favorite partner National Geographic. Photo from The Great American Zoo Trip, in which photographer Joel Sartore and his 18-year-old son take portraits of as many endangered animals as possible.

1. Thank you for posting about this! Joel’s work is inspiring, and his blog is so touching as he races against time trying to capture the last images of these magnificent animals

2. What ees eet? Other than a cutie-patootie, of course!

3. King Julian’s sage advisor.

4. But what is it? Is it a lemur?

5. Fird Birfle says:

“Dramatic ….lemur”????

6. Somebody cue the “drama” music !

7. It IS a lemur. Specifically, the Coqurel’s Sifaka. Also known as “The Zoboomafoo Lemur.”

8. He is so fuzzy-wuzzy, I want to hug him! And the feengers! And the eyesssss….

9. Coquerel’s sifaka is the proper spelling. And for the show:

10. WendyLady says:

I could sit and converse with this bebbeh all day.

11. He looks really smart!

12. Another NTMTOM tour-de-force!

13. My thoughts exactly!

“And on a unicycle, no less! Mercy!”

If that ain’t vintage Not Mike (or whatever his name is), then I don’t know what is! :D

14. Agreed!!!

15. Blue Footed Booby says:

I IMed a link to the photo to a friend (ie he could not see the title or text or anything). He immediately IMed back “Tell me about yourself.” :3

16. My hubby is a therapist. I am totally passing this image to him :D

17. Those eyes are keeling me! oof they look right thru me to my soul!
    such a cutie!!!

18. I actually think he’s sleeping, but has cleverly painted wide-awake eyes on his eyelids. :P

19. I wish my husband listened to me when I talk… lol
    Awesome picture! Thank you! :)

20. Print out a large copy of this photo and hold it in front of your hubby’s face when you talk to him, and then you can pretend he’s listening. :mrgreen:

21. skippymom says:

22. Reminds me of the guy from “Inside the Actor’s Studio”. Unfortunately, said guy’s name escapes me at the moment, or I would look for a pic for comparison.

23. James Lipton. He’s right here in the Mod Lounge, asking us all what our favorite swear words are. :P

24. F-bomb.

25. Bleen.

26. My favorite is the F-bomb but at work I’ll say “fudge” that way I don’t get into trouble.with the boss ;-)

27. I really want to buy this t-shirt, but I’m afraid I wouldn’t really have the nerve to wear it:

28. Blue Footed Booby says:

As I guy who wears death metal t-shirts (example: ) out in public in the south, people will give you funny looks, but all it takes is a friendly smile and a hello and they forget all about the shirt and pay attention to you the person.

29. We let the f-bombs fly at work, my boss as well as everyone else. That’s what newsrooms sound like. We have to be careful when school groups come for tours and watch what we’re saying.

I want to post a copy of that lemur picture in my edit suite so I’ll have someone who actually listens to me ;-)

30. Wow, good looking out, peeps! Much thanks.

As for my favorite swear word, I drop f-bombs… a lot.

31. skippymom says:

32. Fird Birfle says:

I like skippymom’s swearing.
    I’ll bet that’s what the Artist Formerly Known as Prince would say, also !!!

33. yo, Jim! what’s up bro? pass the veggie tray?

34. Here you go, 1 photo of James Lipton in his listening pose:

35. Lovely luscious listening lemur.

36. Fird Birfle says:

“on the level”, this is a Lively list!!!

37. Also Beep… Because it is way more fun to beep a pensive nose.

38. Best. Privacy. Tailio. Ever.

39. Karla Borecky says:

It is fantastic. But then again, lemurs have the best tailios (with the possible exception of some monkeys)

40. Martha in Washington says:

“And how does that make you feel?”
    *scribbles on clipboard*

41. Tewtally a therapist monkeh.

42. Ooh! Ooh!
    not to take away from Mr. Patient Friend here, but they’ve posted the Starting Lineup for the Puppy Bowl!! yaaaaayyyyy!
    I’m in absolute puppeh lurve with #19

43. Fonzie has eyebrow dots!!

44. Hairy Potto says:

A more perfect caption was never written, Not that Mike the other Mike!

45. Truer words were never spoken.

46. I have to agree. It describes the lemur’s expression perfectly!

47. Awesome animal. Awesome pic. Awesome NTMTOM caption.

48. That is one rapt lemur…

49. Fo’ shizzle, my Lillithizzle! ;-)

50. This is what you look like when you’ve had too much caffeine…