Excuse Me, Sonny,

On which aisle would I find the pot noodles? I have a coupon. I have to go buy 3 packs of pot noodles, …and then return them, because I’ll forget my coupon, making everyone wait in line behind me while I look for my coupon!

And there’s a half-off sale on creamed corn, Mickie and Chris!

1. Here’s an idea: C.O. should put out a call for puppy/old dog and kitten/old cat photos, sort of a “before” and “after” A Pet’s Life Series. Even a “through the years” sequence, like they do for celebrities in gossip magazines. I’m inspired by the juxtaposition of this post with the previous puppy pic. Always thinking, me … of course, my dad always said that was working without the right tools. Thx, Pops!

2. i like it!

3. And I can’t forget the hard candies.

4. And Golden Raisin Biscuits.made out of cardboard

5. skippymom says:

Hey! I love those!

6. Me, too … and they’re hard to find!

7. And Elmer’s Glue and Kleenex!!

8. For LUNCH!

9. Ha!!! My grandmother always had Elmer’s and Kleenex in her purse. Not sure what drove her to put glue in her purse in the first place, but it was always there and surprisingly handy!

10. Fird Birfle says:

*partially squelched burp*

11. (Also known as New England Clam Chowder :P :P :P )

12. And I always pay with a check even if I only buy 1 item.

13. skippymom says:

Or I insist on paying with exact change and take five minutes to count it out of my change purse.

14. In pennies.

15. skippymom says:

16. Fird Birfle says:

*raises hand*

Here in Jax, Fla, the city bus system has caught on to me/ us.
    As of 31 Jan, they plan to enforce a new policy of “no pennies”

(which rather reminds me of Joan Crawford & “no wire hangers!!!!!” )

18. Fird Birfle says:

ATTICA!!! ATTICA!!!!

*bangs plastic spork, on cafeteria table, which immediately collapses….*

19. Hehehehe. You are en fuego today.

20. Yep. On the occasions I bother to give exact change I always comment to the poor cashier: “I’m sorry I seem to be turning into my grandmother.” Then continue digging through my change compartment. Hee.

21. I work at a Petsmart, where it looks like this was taken. You’d be amazed how many people come in who are the human equivilant of this goggie; and buy one can of food a day, by check or change. One can of food, and a whole bag of treats, daily.

22. Emmberrann says:

Wish someone would buy me a whole bag of treats, daily… That’s why I come back to CO every day.

23. MOM???

24. Theresa – this response will be making me smile for the rest of the day! Thank you!!

25. PS, anyone else think “Excuse me sonny do you know where I can find some . . . WHOOMP THERE IT IS!”?

26. skippymom says:

Hey, by the way, are they serving haggis in the Mod Lounge tonight?

27. No. No no no no no no. NO. nOnONoNOnONOnOno. No. NO. No.

28. skippymom says:

But it’s Burns Night! And I, for one, happen to LIKE haggis!

29. OK, Skippymom. BYOH. :P

30. victoreia says:

*joins Dash in the corner, also retching*

31. (retching in the corner at the thought of haggis)

32. skippymom says:

Will do! (heads for grocery store to buy sheep stomach and lungs)

33. Fird Birfle says:

*gets the mop and the bucket, outta the maintenance closet*

34. Fird Birfle says:

Slightly jacking the thread here farther from le cute puppaye.
    It’s sorry, I am. [sorta/ kinda]

Anybody else, seen the Dharma/ Greg epi. where he’s gonna quit working
    for the DA and move to Bonnie Scotland to be a Golf Pro and Dharma decides to make Haggis for ‘im??? ;)

35. victoreia says:

Dang, missed that episode. Must’ve been hilarious. (Both Dharma reading the ingredients list, and Greg’s trying to eat it….) :)

36. Fird Birfle says:

oh, believe you me, IT WAS EMMY worthy.
    Espesh Dharma & her galpal trying to talk lak a gud Scots….

37. PS: How about some clam chowder? We have Manhattan and New England; whomever your Super Bowl choice, you will be covered. :D

38. skippymom says:

Manhattan?!! That crap with tomatoes in it? That is NOT clam chowder, thank you very much.

39. Fird Birfle says:

40. Nobody’s making you. Help yourself to the white crap. :P

41. Jeez, try to make everybody happy, see what it gets you. :P

42. skippymom says:

I’m sorry, Theresa. It was an instinctive reaction. You’re a saint.

43. *angels singing*

44. I’m with you Skippymom … I wouldn’t mind if they called it Clam Soup. But Chowdah? Altho’ the Elmer’s Glue and Kleenex comment above also nails it, Theresa! But that’s only when made by summah people, not true Down Easters. Or if it comes out of a can.

45. I thought it must contain potatoes to be considered chowdah.

We have a running joke about spuds in my household. My husband insists upon pronouncing “potatoes” with the emphasis on the final syllable. I emailed him the other day with the ever-present burning question: what to have for dinner tonight? He responded by saying we could have fish with veggies and pota TOES (typed just like that). Made me smile. ‘Course, that’s part of why I married him. ♥

46. That would be a good superbowl bet. Along with the lobster/crabcake one between Baltimore/Boston on Sunday, the two breweries who’ve already shook hands, the inevitable governor & mayor bets, the art museum wagers, and now even the dioceses bet on that thing.

Personally, I’m more of a Rhode Island clam chowder person…

47. Is that made with itty bitty teeny weeny clams? Just kidding. Many moons ago, I was a counselor at the ONE Girls Scout summer camp in Rhode Island. It’s the biggest little state in the Union!

48. Did you ever see the Dirty Jobs episode about geoducks? And yes, a geoduck would take it out of ya.

49. Geoducks? 8O Smallest state produces biggest (and freakiest) clams. I have a theory that Rhode Island was just exhausted after producing Geoducks.

50. Fird Birfle says:

This critter is Decidedly Cute.

I think he/ she should meet the Cool Cat /Nerd, from the record-album store in the green slouchy wool hat and oversized spectacles that we all enjoyed so emphatically.

51. Fird Birfle says:

Also, when I first began to read the storyline, I *REALLY* was hoping that it
    said “pet poodles” rather than “pot noodles” …as in, the old lady wanted to
    select a new pet poodle, from the store’s selection.

52. skippymom says:

But what about pet noodles and pot poodles?

53. Fird Birfle says:

Hmmmmmmmm…… you kinda have a pernt, sk’mom :)

54. Pot poodles? Do you have a medical poodleuana card, hmmmmmm, do ya? ;-)

55. Don’t forget the ribbon candy.

56. I just had a serious flashback to my grandmother and her ever-present ribbon candy. Gadzooks!

57. I’m with you in your nostalgia cloud, Rachael. :)

58. Fird Birfle says:

YaY ribbon candy !!!!

59. I had a Proustian moment of nostalgia last Christmas upon buying a bag of hard candy, with the ribbon candy and the pillow candy and the candy that looks like millefiori, with the little pictures of fruit that run the entire length of the cane that’s cut up into pieces. Just for a moment, I wanted to be 7 again and standing in my late grandmother’s green-and-gold living room (both of my grandmothers had “living rooms,” for company, and “dens,” for watching TV), listening to the Elvis Presley Christmas LP and eating hard candy from a cut-glass dish. ♥

60. Wondering what it was in that comment that put me into moderation…Elvis? Reference to 70’s decor? :)

61. I think we must be cousins!

62. Charms? Do they still make Charms?

63. I found Zots the other day. I didn’t even like Zots but had to buy them . . . just to remind myself of how much I didn’t like them.

64. I would probably love to see Garbage Pail Kids just one more time.

65. Fird Birfle says:
  66. Twenty dollars??? 8O

67. Fird Birfle says:

I know Theresa. I saw that too and about belched.

However, under the photo, there is a caption which sez
    20 sticks of Assorted Charms Squares

Since every pkg has 20 candies, I’m HOPING,
    that this means you get 20 pkgs for $20.00.

68. Whew!

69. Too bad her little sweater doesn’t have sleeves, then I know she’d have a tissue rolled up in the wrist.

70. Fird Birfle says:

PARFAIT !!!

71. Also, where is her glasses chain?

72. A fancy beaded glasses chain!!
    She kind of sits like my mother . . . if my mother had four legs and sat in store aisles . . . but I digress . . .

73. Maybe elderleh puppeh is hunting bodega cats.