C.O. Travel Safety Alert

When traveling in unfamiliar places, you may be tempted to leave your kitteh behind to guard your valuables. This is risky, as most kitties can be easily hypnotized with a standard ball-point pen, as demonstrated below.

Updated: Happy now, Theresa? :P

Comments

1. “When traveling in unfamiliar places, you may be tempted to leave your kitteh behind to guard them. ” To guard what? *headscratch*

2. PS: RE: Drawer kitteh: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

3. To guard the unfamiliar place?

4. PPS: Wackadoodle eyes @ 0:25! LOL

5. Blueberries says:

Oooo OUCH!! Someone’s playing with adorable, adorable fire!

6. JohnnyJohnny says:

This is actually a good tip. When exiting a new or unfamiliar place, leaving behind a kitten for the next guy is a very kind jester and increasingly, becoming expected of sophisticated world travelers. In this way, subsequent travelers won’t have to face the unfamiliar alone, in a foreign place. And if you think about it, it really is just common curtsey.

7. The watch & wallet on top of the beddside table.

8. “Mine!”

9. :lol: AWW :lol: Let the kitty out of that drawer :lol:

10. ZebraCrossing says:

Excellent travel tip! There’s an extremely pet friendly hotel in Portlandia. There’s a pug concierge for your traveling companions, and if you are not traveling with fur friends, they will rent you a companion fish during your stay. Gideon’s drawer kitty would fit right in!

11. I saw that, too! You have to be extra careful when the eyes look like that.

12. We’ve seen box kitteh (Maru), basket kitteh (can’t remember name) and how drawer kitteh. Methinks this one likes being in the drawer. Nice place to snooze.

13. d’oh!!!!
    “now” drawer kitteh.

14. How well would this work, considering all the valuables seem to be on top of the nightstand and not in the drawer with the wild-eyed kitteh?

Renee :)

15. I can’t see the video at work and I read drawers as in old British word (early/mid 20th Century for certain) for women’s underwear so…. 8O and :lol:

16. Don’t forget suitcase kitty!

17. It’s not a perfect system – apparently there are still some bugs to be worked out. :)

18. My shredded fingers commiserate with that person’s (not that it will stop them from their instigations). Btw, anyone notice how many amazing kitten videos have been marching out of the former Soviet States? to our friends!

19. There’s a really great Maru vid where he goes in a bottom drawer and then appears in the top drawer. Someone patient and tech-savvy find and post the link? Thankyoueversomuch!

20. I snorted, I was laughing so hard. It scared my kitty off.

21. Fird Birfle says:

YAY Wackadoodle eyes!!!

*shakes Theresa’s pompoms enthusiastically*

22. Fird Birfle says:

Also there’s a bottom/ top drawer ferret video!!!

23. Fird Birfle says:

heh heh to R & R :)

24. The Russians are giving the Japanese a run for the title of who makes the cutest cat videos.

25. victoreia says:

*giggle* (whispers) Dresser drawers, Gigi! Dresser drawers! *collapses giggling*

26. victoreia says:

My two would take over my dresser drawers, if I let them……Too bad I have to wear clothes (mostly) fur-free…….

27. On the weekend I saw the book of Maru! Cute book with great pictures!

28. Not just a British word, Gigi. SNERK.

29. PS: NTMTOM, I am so happy, I could plotz. :P

30. ILoveHarryPotterAndMyNameisMackenzie says:

Fird Birfle- that’s right! So right!

31. Same here. My cat in particular loves my underwear drawer (it’s on top and easy to hop into when they’re on top of the dresser). :-/

32. weasel wardancer says:

Beware all drawer kitteh owners when dressing to go out. It’s not PC to be seen wearing real fur!

33. Flutterby says:

My Bucky is a drawer fiend too….most unfortunately, the kitchen drawers !! Blargh!! I have to place a chair strategically so he can’t get in during the night. He’s gotten so pleasingly plump that it’s hard to get him out again!!

34. I know what you meant, but the phrase “a very kind jester” had me grinning. :)

35. cellarmouse says:

yes, but that’s not even a trick for a ferret…it’s like a dog burying a bone…they’re born knowing how – it just takes some longer to remember than others…

36. CatViccer says:

At 0:22 that kitteh got a nice clawful of knuckle skin. Yowche!

37. Bob Whiteman says:

Still less dangerous than finding a Bible

38. Is this the return of sniper kitty?

39. Googled “Maru cat in drawer–>weird site w/ YT link–>

40. Just copy and paste the YT URL for the particular vid you want to share when you post a response here on Cuteoverload :)
    Not really all that “Tech savvy”, just thought to try..
    Cat breed in Travel vid: British shorthair?

41. JohnnyJohnny says:

Hehehe, i hadn’t noticed that!

42. That;s a classic. :D

43. Another NTMTOM Special!

44. AMEN, brother!

45. It’s like the hand that reaches out of the box to shut it off, except that this hand has CLAWS!

46. The Original Jane says:

In olden times they used to put babies and small children to sleep in a dresser drawer (no joke). I guess it was the poor people who didn’t have cribs or space.

47. And “curtsey’ :D

48. Good lord….was that a cougar paw comin’ out? Looks huge and mighty dangerous if ya ask me. The knuckle grab looked painful too……but the look in those eyes, priceless!! :lol:

49. Megumi's Mom says:

Now imagine that Ball point pen is an unsuspecting FINGER…. OW!

seems like those valuables are PRETTY DARN secure.
    (currently I have a highly secured bed, but the lump in the quilt kinda gives away the location of the “security system”. what’s hilarious is when the lumps try to secure the bed from each other. )

50. Old, but not THAT old goatlady says:

I was one of those babies, and no my mother did not CLOSE the drawer! Also, thank-you, I now feel ancient ;)

51. Sasha's mom says:

Hmmm, I always have a tiny “hand” poking around under the door when I am in the bathroom with the door closed. Sometimes I get BOTH hands! Always wish I had a camera outside so I could see the pose Sasha was in.

52. :lol: I meant would someone please let that poor kitty out of that dresser drawer, Gigi :lol:

53. Good cat owner – no anger/punishment at claw imbedded in knuckle.
    Cats reject pu