The Bark Side

No, they did not just trot in a whippet wearing the AT-AT costume at the end…

MobileMeeshe does it again!

Comments

1. yes, they deeeed!

2. Only that’s NOT Bones Mello the AT-AT dog! They CLAIM it’s just a coincidence…

3. I wonder where VW got the inspiration??? Kinda coincidental to happen this week

4. Martha in Washington says:

The Bark Side has PUPPEHS? I am so changing allegiance!

5. Oh NO he/she/it di’unt!

6. Hands down best car advert ever! But as usual with car adverts – apparently has nothing to do with cars?!

7. OMG right in the middle when the one dog the wolly guy gives out a wookie growl I just lost it.

8. Alice Shortcake says:

That was sublime.

Vorsprung durch hunden!

9. Ok, there’s Luke, Leia, Darth Vader, C3PO, the ATAT, Chewie, and an Ewok. Where’s R2D2, Han Solo and Yoda?

Saw this on t.v. last night. Too cute!

10. CO should have been paid for this, though. serious rip-off of intellectual property. AND the person who invented t he at-at costume…..

11. Why didn’t that exist when I got married? I did have the Star War Imperial March at my wedding instead of the traditional Here comes the bride, but it would of been SO much better performed by dogs!!

12. If the Bark Side has puppies, I’m going, especially if I can have the whippet AT-AT!

13. JLAmusings says:

Ha! Awesome! I had a friend who had the Indiana Jones theme at the end of the ceremony as bride & groom walked back down the aisle together. Naturally, the attendants somehow slipped the groom an Indy hat too.

14. Clearly, those puppies are all members of the Jetta Order.

15. That was GLORIOUS! My Sassy almost never reacts anymore to videos, but she came FLYING out of the living room into the office, barking to defend her territory (after pausing to lick the bowl I’d left for her that a little special treat in it).

I’m sharing this with my students today.

16. Just brilliant.

17. !!!! I saw this a couple-a days ago (and posted in the comments *ahem*) and laughed SO hard…! and Miss Schnozz went bananas with all the barking on the teevee

agree w/kittyadventures, the wookiee growl was right about when my ‘cracking up’ turned into ‘baaahhhahahahaha’ guffawing

18. The tall, handsome B&W guy to the left is Han Solo, of course! I think the pug to his left is Yoda, and it stands to reason the Chi up front must be R2D2 (vocal little things, they are, and full of sass, big hearts in tiny bodies)…

19. how many taunts would a tauntaun taunt if a tauntaun could taunt on?

20. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Aber sicher!

21. Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t see the pug on the left singing his part with much gusto.

I find his lack of enthusiasm disturbing…

22. Conversely, my cat HATES it. She knows there aren’t any dogs actually in her house (she doesn’t hiss or anything) but she sits straight up and doesn’t stop turning her eyes and ears all around while they’re barking. I didn’t even know she noticed the TV before this commercial. It’s pretty funny!

23. Orangeblossom says:

No, they didn’t trot in a whippet wearing the AT-AT costume. It’s an Italian Greyhound. Similar in appearance, but definitely a different dog.

24. CO– Zur Hunden gegangen! :P

25. Hello Missee Schnozzeeeee! XXOO!

26. Wheeeeeeeeeee!

27. This is almost as good as the little boy playing Darth Vader in one of their commercials.

28. My brother and his wife had a Baseball themed wedding and marched out to all of us singing ‘Take Me Out to the Ball Game.” Go St. Louis Cardinals….

29. And the blonde on the left in the back row seems to be C3PO…

30. Lesley Anderson-Pomeroy says:

You had the Imperial March? That’s hilarious!!!! Oh why didn’t I think of that! It would’ve prepared my husband a little better. ;)

31. Lesley Anderson-Pomeroy says:

i see what you did there.

32. My college roommate used the end title music from the first Star Wars movie (it’s the Rebel Alliance march, I think…) to leave after her wedding.

33. I don’t think it’s a whippet. Too calm and too big. I think it’s a greyhound.

34. BOB DRUMMOND says:

VERY UNIQUE ! I should play this with my windows open to see if I get any reactions from the dog or cats upstairs ! I’ll keep you all posted …………..

35. okaasan59 says:

I literally can not stop watching this.

36. okaasan59 says:

Also, I want to take ‘Darth Vader’ home with me. He does a fantastic Barooo.

37. Proof that star wars will live on for generations to come. YAY Star Wars.

Also I want it noted that I have now had both versions(The original and the doggies barking) of this song blasting through my head since I first listened to it. :D

38. LOL I am glad I wasn’t the only one who found that hilarious. and he was the perfect dog to do it too with that wookie like fur..

are you sure Miss SCHNOOOZE is not the greyhound? att att dog at the end? :)

39. Not really since the commerical is now all over the internet. VW pays for the rights to use the music, characters, costumes etc. so CO posting the commerical is not violating copyright. It helps VW sell more product, besides CO is not gaining anything by sharing the video (other than a few more fans who love Star Wars and all things cute & furry).

40. Darth Vader Theme (The Imperial March) some of the best music from Star Wars. Dogs barking it, too funny. Go VW!

41. You got it reversed, Madame. The Chi with the big ears is “yoda” and the stout little pug is R2D2 (which is why he’s near C3PO-pup).

42. Mary (the first) says:

Me too!! I was watching him, he never barked and I thought “Doesn’t he get to play, too?” and suddenly close-up and he’s all Chewbacca and I LOL!!

43. Fair enough – I can live with the chi being Yoda and the pug being R2D2. And there’s a bulldog stormtrooper next to “Darth”… there are, however, two tall blond goggies sitting behind “Han”; the taller one is clearly C2PO. Who is the other? Certainly not Jabba the Hut. Lando Carlissian? The Emperor (though they are entirely too cute)?

He must be Obi Wan Kenobi!!!

44. The power of German engineering? The power of German dog training is more like it. Does anyone know if that was for real or were all the dogs copy and pasted together. It couldn’t have been real, could it? And they had to audition for tenors and baritones, too. I just love it, I want it to be real..

45. Funniest commercial EVAH!!! Chewbacca pup makes it work, babeeee….

46. It is digitally composed, but it is just as fun either way!! What a creative video!!

47. *golf clap* Quite clever, there, Blair!

48. I think jw meant CO should have been paid, not that CO should have paid. ;)

49. Pug thought he was in the French version of the movie:

50. according to reddit, where a guy from the ad agency posted, it’s totally real – they just filmed each dog separately and put it together :)
    can you imagine how awesomely fun it would be to hang out with ALL of the cast puppehs??!
    best day ever.

51. I think I love more every time I watch it!

52. No editing feature and I, I have typo-fingers today!

should have read “I think I love IT more every time I watch it!”

Sadly, Renee

53. for one of our weddings, the door of the chapel were flung open ( yes, at the just cause phrase) by storm troopers and darth vader entered. “groom, come to the dark side!” the groom refused and the groomsmen escorted Vader out. Pretty cool, acutally. There were storm troopers at the reception, too.

54. as a pug-partial view, i noted that silence from the puglet, too. Must be deaf or scared. Or a basenji in costume.

55. muttluver says:

I love how he’s all waggy. “Oh boy, oh boy, this is just so much fun, I’m having such a great time!”

56. muttluver says:

This is my favorite thing since that Ok Go music video.

57. *patiently waiting to hear Bob Drummonds update*

58. BOB DRUMMOND says:

I don’t know if anyone else noticed ,but that theme music sounds vaguely familiar to a theme from an old cartoon movie I remember from TERRYTOON CIRCUS over 50 years ago ! Perhaps the one called the Magic Pony from Russia ?

59. BOB DRUMMOND says:

Sounds like the song Jingle Bells as sung by the singing dogs !!!

60. Sheer genius.

61. Makes me proud to drive a VW, I tell ya…

62. Crying from laughing over here.

63. Yay!

64. I want it as a ringtone. Please release it as a ringtone. I really need it as a ringtone.

65. jodmentum says:

I thought it was a TaunTaun not an AT-AT

66. BOB DRUMMOND says:

Sorry Ozzie ,but it was snowing today and no animals came out ! maybe later in the week !

67. Fird Birfle says:

*nudge, nudge*
    *wink, wink*

68. Fird Birfle says:

Volkswagen!!!

69. Fird Birfle says:

*giggle*

70. Fird Birfle says:

*looking around for la Therese….*

71. Fird Birfle says:

*Did anybody hear Des???
    I thought Des said something, but I’m not sure ……*

72. Volkshunden!

73. I will fail in any attempt to explain how much I freakin’ loved this!! But I did.

And I must be “das dumb” cuz it took me 40 seconds to “get it.” LOL!

74. bob drummond says:

A coincidence ? Yeah , Right ! And I’m Atilla the Hun !

75. bob drummond says:

Can somebody please translate all this for mich !!!

76. he worfed a few times, but not solo so it didn’t seem like much

77. Fird Birfle says:

wuhl, HEY there, ‘Till :)

78. Fird Birfle says:

They ourghta use this as an advert. for no-kill animal shelters, ‘stead of for automobiles ….

Them sum dam’ FOINE doggehs :)

79. here’s an idea:
    watch the video many times focusing on one doggeh each time. XD

80. Oh noes.
    First time in moderation. Is anyone in? Is there a registration sheet? XD

81. Too cute!

82. oh no, nothing quite so formal. just hang out, have a few drinks and appetizers.

don’t be frightened by the trolls, spammmers, nuffers or negative nellies you may have encountered during your stay.

83. bob drummond says:

Thank you , fird ! i really needed that !
    I think V W should discuss this matter with Bones and his agent !

84. bob drummond says:

Don’t you mean JEDI Order ?

85. Fird Birfle says:

Well, I’m fairly sure, that Theresa’s, of 7:10 am
    says “all the dogs together” ….

86. shut the door! Adorable!