Nnneeeeaaarrrrmmmm!

Oh yeah, who’s got two wings and leaves otters eating his dust? This guy!

Comments

1. Look at the flutterby giving those otters their daily exercise.

2. HAHAHahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA! OMG, *gasp gasp wheeze*

3. bob drummond says:

The music wasn’t bad either ! It made these otters look like Keystone Cops !!
    Anybody out there ever heard of those Cops ??

4. I watched without sound (at work) but visually it reminds me of “Doxie Road Rage”

5. You’d be doin’ that too if you had a passle of hungry otters on your tail!

6. I’m familiar with the Keystone Cops and I agree. The music definitely gave the video a Keystone flair. And the Keystone Cops, the otters failed to catch their quarry.

7. MamaDawn in Tulsa says:

Stampede!

8. I thought of that, too. :D

9. it’s a metaphor for this year’s political season. the otters are the press, and the butterfly is a possible reason to care.

the shaky camera work is social media, and the 1080p resolution is the way we’re all wasting our potential with this comedy.

thankfully it’s short, and amusing, and gives us all a baseline for gauging past and future otter videos, and it creates jobs, and whitens your teefs, and i think one of those otters is really justin bieber.

(made you look)

10. Nobody ever suspects the butterfly.

11. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

ROTFLMAO

12. Yakkity Sax would have been good, too.

13. Flutterby says:

What Theresa said….

14. Flutterby says:

…about Hahaha, etc.

15. *gasp gasp wheeze wheeze coff*

16. Hmmm… it’s as if the camera was handled by a 5 year old. But otherwise… SUUUUUUPER cute. <3 <3 <3

17. That is a trip! Never seen anything like it!

18. And isn’t Yakkity Sax the unofficial anthem of otters everywhere?

19. It’s the unofficial anthem of ME.

20. Aaaaaaaaand now I’ve seen it all. :)

21. You have your gaggle of geese, your murmuration of starlings, and now this: an oscillation of otters.

22. I love otters! I was just talking about them last night to my boyfriend, who of course had to sit and hear about their cute wittle paws and tummys and little muzzle powches…awww now he’ll have to see this video after work :)

23. BWAHAHAHAHAHHA! Looks like what goes on at my house when I pick up the kids laser pointer !

24. Shame the audio didn’t pick up the raspberry the butterfly was blowing at the otters the whole time. :)

25. Looked like they were a team.

26. (The Original) Mel says:

What the butterfly was thinking: OTTERZOTTERZOTTERZOTTERZ!

27. Jerry suspected that a ringer had made his way into his intramural Tag league…

28. This does not surprise me! I can sort of picture you as an otter with an advanced education and a laptop!

29. Fird Birfle says:

“Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!”

Signed,
    Python, Monty

30. Moi, Actually says:

I just love the total me-too-ishness of the whole thing.

31. This insightful analysis of razor sharp wit is otterly true!

32. Oh to have the energy of an otter chasing a butterfly, eh?

33. cellarmouse says:

why?…you got fuzzie-wuzzie ferrets?…a li’l business o’ those look awful otter-y…

34. Only one class held at otter school, as follows “have fun your whole life, squeal, run around, swim crazily,eat off your chest, hold hands, mess on docks, chase butterflies, be funny, appear on CO whenever pawssible, and all kindsa fun stuff. okai, class dismissed”

35. I know those otters!! Those are from the Memphis zoo! Right?! Right?!
    I miss that zoo soooo much!

36. I want to be an otter when I grow up.

37. Technically butterflys have 4 wings, two on each side.

38. I WISH I had ferrets OR otters ! But no I don’t. I just have 5 – 3 yr, old thin wriggly kids (cats) that have a very similar body shapes to those otters & when they run around & attack the light from a laser pointer. It looks just like otters
    chasing a butterfly the way they climb & run over each other trying to get the red dot. Even my two older cats have learned to move to a spot out of the path of destruction when the younger kids start running around the house. The older cats learned it’s either move or get run on/over.

39. I think it is the anthem of Benny Hill?

40. Theresa, get out of my brain! I was just thinking that! :)

41. I’m at home with a cold today, and the sound on that got my dogs all riled up!

42. *golf clap* Nicely played FB nicely played.

43. lmao. Thanks CO for the much needed laughter break while writing my dissertation :) I can always count on you for a moment of procrastination :)

44. I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that :)

Cute vid though…

45. victoreia says:

*giggle*

Made me think of that phone (?) commercial, and Ozzy Osbourne saying “What’s a ‘bieber’?”

46. victoreia says:

Nice alliteration, patris!

47. Sharon Wilson says:

That’s so funny that they went after the butterfly in a pack!

48. cellarmouse says:

yeah, i useta have ferret envy when i only had 1 sweet ol’ kitty…then, thanks to college-age daughter i ended up with three furry knee socks…i’ll never be sorry i had ‘em – they were perfect pets – but their lifespan was painfully short – can’t go thru that again – the kitty grew old with me…and you’ve got FIVE lean, mean chasing machines…i envy your riches…

49. pbthphtbpthbpt!

50. All the otters are going “Ehn!!” I can’t count how many there are! 6..7??

51. is that a direct quote?

52. Yes, I was going to post that if no one else did, so good catch, Alverant. Not often we catch NTMTOM in any sort of imperfection.

I gotta wonder what the butterfly was getting out of it. I mean, I fully believe that squirrels tease dogs entirely on purpose, knowing what they are doing. But a butterfly? Was it really just doing butterfly stuff, looking for a flower, and it didn’t register one way or the other that there was an entire gaggle of otters madly scampering around underneath it everywhere it went? It sure LOOKED like it was teasing them on purpose, but I can’t believe a butterfly is that bright.

53. Somewhere there’s a butterfly laughing it’s little butterfly butt off.

54. earlybird1 says:

I love how at the end, one otter leaps into the water in a last-ditch effort not to let the butterfly get away. LOL

55. S.J. Hartsfield says:

Otterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrz!

Also love the Harry Potter reference in the video’s title!

56. yep I’m in my 71st year and have heard of them, as a matter of fact have watched them on old movies. LOL You’re right, these cuties remind me of Keystone Cops.

57. Yes! This is totally at the Memphis Zoo! I love those Asian small-clawed otters!

58. Great moment with the otters and butterfly but wish the camera work was better. I feel sick now…

59. Lesley Anderson-Pomeroy says:

Little known fact: Dachshunds are descended from otters.

60. LOL Now that is just too funny. Poor otters just want to say hi! hehe

61. This clip would feature a very different soundtrack if told from the butterfly’s perspective. I’m thinking Carmina Burana.

62. I think the camera-person was laughing too hard to hold steady (as would I have been).

63. They remind me of a litter of puppies! “Playful” is the perfect description for them.

64. Fird Birfle says:

*does a Happydance*

Thanks, Emmylee :)

65. Yes, I thought the cameraman was on a dang rolabola…during an earthquake!

The music alone is worth a watch!

66. Yes! The song ‘O Fortuna’ from the opera ‘Carmina Burana’. Brilliant!

67. Wrong insect, but this made me think of “Flight of the Bumblebee”! :-)

68. My first thought too! :lol:

69. Butterflies have 4 wings. :P

70. Francesca D. says:

ROFLMFAOSHIBAMYJ. OAYLMM. this stands for rolling on floor laughing my f***ing *ss off so hard it burns and makes you jealous. Oh and you like my moose-stache. :-{) (moose-stache)

71. Francesca D. says:

Is this guy a clown? Cuz if not, good. He’s so amazing he would burn children’s eyes out. I know mine did. *goes searching for eyeball puddles*

72. Francesca D. says:

uh hi ya um hi. ya hi ok uh wheres the hp in this? i dont understand. ok ya hi whoa uhn ya ok. :D haha jk but seriously where is the harry potter?

73. IloveHarryPotter says: