This Gym’s For the Birds

(Wow, what luck! I usually can’t get anywhere near the treadmills; there’s always people on them! Now, let’s see if I can hit my target heart rate…)

Comments

1. That is one powerful pigeon, keeping that escalator running all by himself.

I guess the hamster was on break.

2. bob drummond says:

Even birds know when they need 2 exercize. Stay with it dude !

3. 260Oakley says:

Killer step aerobics class

4. HAW!

5. This is why people trash their New Years Resolutions.

6. 260Oakley says:

Yeah, I’ve got a feeling this pigeon is about to poop out on this particular resolution.

7. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Imagine seeing this on your next trip to the mall.

8. cellarmouse says:

there’s something so irresistible bout goin up the down escalator…

9. Surly not Girly says:

This pigeon is unwittingly reperforming groundbreaking science from the late 70s!
    In this study, pigeons were put on treadmills to see if they bobbed their heads or not.
    (Pidges always bob their heads when walking-is it physiological or related to vision?)

Pidgees on treadmills didn’t bob their heads, suggesting head bobbing had to do with keeping the eyes stationary so they had longer periods of time to observe their environments! This pigeon doesn’t seem to be bobbing much either.

10. Oooooookaaaay…..That pigeon just may be a few feathers short of a headdress.

11. Snowbunny says:

Or in this case… going down the up escalator =)

12. Do I detect another poop theme here? Where’s skippymom? ;)

13. skippymom says:

Right here! Poop, poop!

14. LOL. Have we worn out the poop joke yet?

15. skippymom says:

I know I’m damned tired of it.

16. TrixandSam says:

Or the rowing guinea pigs??

17. Agreed, lol! I wonder when the poor thing finally realized this was not a place to perch.

18. Maybe he thought it was a game!

19. Just think of all the statues out there laughing at the pigeon….

20. Is he doing is cardio training ?

21. I love the guy in the background who is all “Are you guys seeing this?!”

22. There is a reason why when you do something not too bright they say you’re a bird brain.

23. Wow! Imagine knowing that.

*very impressed with this tidbit of knowledge*

24. Apparently Youtube has deleted not merely the video but the entire account; however, I assume this is the same video. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4033576/Pigeon-in-a-flap-over-escalator.html (the title is the same). I notice on that Sun webpage, to the left of the video, is a caption reading Mystic Meg. It was mystic that when I went looking for something posted on Meg’s site, I saw her name.

25. Did the pigeon blink?

26. That new law “Stop Online Piracy Act” (SOPA) is just going to far!!!! It looks like in future sites like CO will probably not be able to show/embed videos from 3rd parties anymore. Just read the whole thing and you know what I mean. :( Grrrr.

27. @Michael – thanks for that alternative link. That is quite hilarious. ;)

28. I doubt that it’s going to apply to kitten and puppy videos, it’s for TV shows and movies and music and illigal commerce. No one is losing money when someone is reposting cute videos so no one cares.

29. nano's mom says:

SOPA hasn’t even passed yet, this was pulled under the old copyright laws. Imagine how much worse it will be with SOPA

30. nano's mom says:

Of course it will affect “cute” videos Proof? This videos been pulled!

31. Yes, that’s the one!

32. it will effect the very workings of the internet, cute vids or not. Under SOPA CuteOverload could be pulled ENTIRELY if it happens to post a video with even copyrighted music or picture in the background. Not to mention facebook, youtube or your other favorite sites.
    We have to fight this one, guys! CO join Reddit and blackout for a day!