Not So Easy Chair

Sender-Inner Mustang Sallies says Big Tex loved his Dalmation Rocker until he grew out of it.

Comments

1. It’s “Dalmatian.”

2. THIS. Thank you. They are from the Dalmatia region; they are not an action noun.

3. Aw, what a sweet, big lug!

4. Erm, looks like she still loves it. :D

5. baileysgrandmom says:

Looks like a Dog in Wonderland, after eating one of the special cookies.

6. Kari Callin says:

Ah, another canine Maru, determined to squeeze into the tight space no matter what!

7. anonymous coward. says:

poor big tex must have been devastated when he out-grew his favourite chair.
    i know my late cousteau was when he lost his (that was my music listening armchair which went into my newly built audio room).
    i hope they found him (big tex) a new one to lounge in.

8. There are dalmations in the fabric of the chair.

9. Fird Birfle says:

10. LisaLassie says:

“Dalmations in the fabric of the chair” is just so poetic. sigh.

Meantime, how about springing for a grownup chair for the grownup doggie. Or a doggie chiropractor.

11. LisaLassie says:

sowwy: I meant Dalmatian.

12. It doesn’t look like he’s aware that he has outgrown the chair.

13. My little cousin used to call them “Damlatians.”

14. Mary (the first) says:

He actually looks like he’s pretty happy there. And so handsome!!

15. Heh…..; Wait until he commandeers the big sofa in the living room like ours did: “MINE!! MINE!!! ALL MINE!!!” he’ll bark…….! :shock:

16. I WANT them to be an action noun! Dalmation! Dalmating all the time! :lol:

17. Hellfire and Damlations! :D

18. Better than the dreaded “Butt Bed”.

19. Labradogs are the best

20. All the time?! *pearl clutching* Well!

21. Chairman of the Snored

It means nothing, but I like the way it sounds. :)

22. Oh! I guess I’ll have to put your toebeans on the ground!
    All you want to do is ride around, Big Tex,
    Riiiide, Big Tex, ride.

23. Jackie Rose says:

When I was three years old, I told someone that my mother was taking me to see “101 Damnations.” (I didn’t know what a Dalmatian was, but I knew Mom said “damnation” a lot.)

24. we need a Big Tex as a puppeh (Little Tex?) pic to compare. I’m not convinced that this isn’t just a tiny chair…

25. Queen of Dork says:

Oh gosh. I LOVE the floppified sleepiness mingled with the tangled mass of wires there on the floor!

26. Someone get Big Tex a bigger chair!

27. And all over the place, I tell you! :P

28. HAW

29. Me too. :D

30. *waving* Hi Queenie!

31. ^^^ This

32. Queen of Dork says:

*waving back* Yay! Hi Theresa! :)

33. That tangle of wires looks just like home!

34. He looks like origami gone wrong!

35. bob drummond says:

Very funny Jackie! My mother used to say alot of those expresions but I cannot repeat them here !!!

36. bob drummond says:

My wife Marlene loves Labradogs too, any color . Except maybe green !

37. bob drummond says:

What about “Chairman of the Bored !” ?

38. bob drummond says:

AAAAHHHH ! Yes, it looks just like HOME !!!

39. That was one of the best Animaniacs episodes.

40. Well they could have their own nation too you know then that would be Dalmation

41. Doesn’t it just. LOLOL.. TV Antena wire Ahoy Matey’s

42. HRH QueenCat says:

Meaghan – you’re right – I just Googled it:

Dalmatian: Noun; A large dog breed having a smooth white coat with black or brown spots; originated in Dalmatia;

BTW, is “google” a verb ??? :)

43. Blue Footed Booby says:

Reminds me of how my lab would always hide behind the armchair when he had something he wasn’t supposed to, even after he outgrew that hiding spot and his whole back half stuck out. It was hard to miss that giant, wagging butt, but he always looked surprised when you found him.

44. Does that really rock? Hmmm…

45. Fird Birfle says:

“We’re gonna need a bigger chair….” :)

46. Okay every time I see the title to this post I think of that skit… you know teh comfy chair…. Ala Monty Python.

47. IT is Now! :D

48. My big boy Jackson was like that when he found out that he couldn’t fit in the same space as his new little beagle sister Gracie. He could get his front feet in the bed, but no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn’t get his back feet in.

49. Yeah, it’s a verb. I’ve seen it used in verb form in many places, including TV.

50. skippymom says:

Well, if you’ve seen it on TV, it must be real!

51. Dal-NATION. :P

52. The way the dog is. this is the way my husband is after a hard day at work! but the dog is cuter