Top Ten Cutest Videos of 2011

Instructions: 1. Press play; 2. Go “awww”; 3. Repeat.

#10: Sleepy Puppy Talking
Sure, a talking porcupine is exotic, but this cute little pup has a bigger vocabulary. As sender-inner Brinke G. recommended, turn up your speakers for this one.

#9: Not Such a Hot Idea
Tired of the outdoor heat, Gus attempts a spur-of-the-moment home remodeling project, but his attempt to install an indoor pool hits a small snag…
#8: Cookie the Tickled Penguin
A number of commenters said that Cookie may have been feeling more amorous than tickled, but his giggling at the end of this video is cute all the same.
#7: Who knew? Pudú!
In which we meet the adorable Pudú, the world’s smallest deer. And then we meet the world’s smallest Pudú. And then we stare at the screen, helplessly drooling.
#5: Kittens! In! Bowls!
Always the innovators in cuteness, our friends the Japanese scientifically settle the question: If you put a bunch of bowls on the ground, will kitties want to get in them?
#4: Caution: Advanced Cuteness Ahead
OK, people, now we move on to the hard stuff. Surely you remember Cricket, the adorable feline fuzzball? Well, look out, here it comes again!
#3: Knut: A Retrospective
In 2011, the world said goodbye to Knut, the polar bear who captured their hearts just four years before, and his caregiver, Thomas Dörflein. Cuteologists paid their respects in this thread.
#2: Sloth’s Inaction
Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! Can your heart stand the low-speed, pulse-not-pounding excitement of these cute sloths? Thrill as they share a string bean! Gasp as they tip over with a stuffed toy! We’ll sell you the whole seat, but you’ll only need the edge!
#1: Just your Run-of-the-mill-kitten-dolphin-snorgle…
What a letdown. Here we go to all the trouble of compiling a list of best videos, and the number one slot goes to the same ol’ “kitten plays with dolphin” vid. I hate to complain, but some subjects on the Internet just get done to death, y’know?

Comments

1. kibblenibble says:

Fabulous top 10. Seeing all of them together is an overwhelming amount of Qte. Happy New Year to everyone.

2. Cat-n-Dolphin is one of my all-time faves.

3. The first two are big black boxes for me, can’t see them :-(

4. None of the embeds are working for me either. But you can click through to the original posts that work. Also, as I scroll up and down the page a cats-in-saucers pop up appears and disappears. Weird.

5. *THUD-THUD-THUDDITY-thud-thuddity-t h u d *

6. managed to miss a few of these the first time–so thankful to see them the first time. and the cat/ dolphin is awesome-sauce!

7. I loooove Cricket! She is a beautiful grown up kitty now. On a kinda nuffer moment, those kittens on the Japanese show, looked kinda sick, most had eye gookies and matted fur. =(

8. Mary (the first) says:

Great videos. Puppy is the epitome of “baroooo!”. Knut, well, what can I say. And the cat and dolphins.. two of my favorite critters in one place! yay! (Love it, “Who’s harder to train, the cat or the dolphin?” answer: “you guys!”)

9. Mary (the first) says:

Now what in the world did I say to get moderated? And where are the muffins and coffee (since I’m here)?

10. A wonderful year in cute! The Knut vid always makes me choke up–oh how I miss that darling bear.

11. chinchillas says:

*Drunk on cuteness*

12. Never mind the koan, “what is the sound of one hand clapping”. A much more relevant philosophical question is “how many times can one die from teh Qte in one day” and still not need resuscitation? *gasp, choke, wheeze* *keels over ded from teh Qte—bonk!*

13. *sighs* I need a gurney over here!!

14. Another gurney!

15. I can never get enough of the cat and dolphin playing together, so cute!!

16. Folks, be careful there is a maximum dosage of two videos per hour. Any more and your brain turns to mush!

17. Fird Birfle says:
  18. Fird Birfle says:
  19. Fird Birfle says:
  20. Suddenly, I’m hearing Jack Nicholson shouting “You can’t handle the Qte!”

21. Kitty’s probably going to go home and swear off tuna!

22. Flutterby says:

Wonderful to see these again and some of the ones I missed too! What a great start to 2012….yaaaay Cute Overload!

23. Will try clicking the boxes, seems more of them have disappeared for me now :(

24. Oh, sure, NOW you warn me!! Too late….

25. I thought from this comment http://cuteoverload.com/2011/12/31/top-ten-cutest-photos-of-2011/#comment-598232 I’d be seeing Maru on this list :(

26. Fird Birfle says:

most excellent, ma’am.

27. Fird Birfle says:

*uses a spoon to gather up the mush off the floor*
    *uses a funnel to pour it back into Wend’s skull*

*stitches up top of Wend’s skull*
    *carefully arranges a large pink fluorescent bow on top, to disguise scarring*

28. No, click the text links. The embedded clips don’t work for me.

29. aww! it’s all so cute i can’t take it anymore :D
    but i wish the sleepy puppy had a higher spot!

30. Such an artiste!

31. Wow!

32. *briefly reviving* I KNOW I can’t! *THUD*

33. I’ve never “awww’d” so much in my life. I think you just made my year, CO. :D

34. No maru here either… Le sad!

35. me too. Maru, where are you???

36. I certainly miss Cat mom hugs baby kitten on this list…http://youtu.be/Vw4KVoEVcr0

37. Happy Cute New Year! They are all cute.

My favorite is the feed me #6 Im waiting for him to whip the dish at the camera.
    Love his face, cats stares say alot.

38. What is this? No Teddy the corn-hogging-noisily-munching porcupine??? C’mon. C’MON!

39. Since the Japanese are very fastidious people… All I can say is WHA??????? I saw one kitten who had an eye infection but his eyes were clear obviously getting medicine for it. I saw no matted kitties … i did see one himilayan kitten with a very thick undercoat.. but not matted.

40. LOL I still love the cat with the dolphin and that cat rattling the bowl ROFL.
    And I miss Knut.. such a loveable bear.

41. This is great, but the Beluga and Mariachi Band video definitely deserves an honorable mention. That whale saved my life, man.

42. Hungry Fat Cat is my favorite.

43. I had to watch it again…and the kitty with the dish banging it on the floor in the videos after is funny too.
    They know how the squeaky wheel gets fed.

44. Ella's mom says:

Is it just me or does he sound like Simon’s Cat?

45. Ohhh ..the puppy. Oh my …cute overload. I am awwwwed out. Ker thunk.

46. Yes! :)

47. Wow those sloths… super cute.

48. Haha I’m just going to imagine those aren’t entirely wild dolphins who can just do whatever they want and are rather the sort of the “Swim with the Dolphins” tourist thing, because the thought of sticking my kitty in front of a wild dolphin and seeing how things play out gives me the major heebiejeebies. Like to see how this was a success, but maybe we should label that one “don’t try this at home!” Cute, cute though.

49. I squee’d out loud at the puppeh! I know I’ve read the phrase “OMG! My ovaries just exploded with the cuteness!” but I’ve never personally had quite that reaction until this puppykins started crying! Eeep! Keep up the great work, CO!

50. So what’s on the menu in the Mod Lounge tonight? Might be here a while!

51. ILoveHarryPotterAndMyNameisMackenzie says:

i’m crying. i’m bursting into tears. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( Knut…….is……..dead…… :( :( :( :( :(