The End of the World is Coming!

Will the world end in 2012?

Nonsense. Oh hold on a sec, what’s that object in the sky hurtling Earthward?

Aaauugh! The end is near! Enjoy the cute NOW.

“I kees you goodbye! Mwah!”

Cocoa says goodbye cute world! Do we have time to make a sandwich, Miriam S.?

Comments

1. Oh – precious moments in the sugar glider adventures. The 1st photo is my favorite. Love these photos. Thank you for sharing.

2. Second photo – shows a happy smiling face coming down for descent – love the photos.

3. INCOMING!!!!!!

4. weeeeeeeeeee…and it flies

5. Cocoa has clearly decided to End It All.

6. Alice Shortcake says:

I love the expression of grim determination in the third pic.

7. Armaglidedon!

8. Fird Birfle says:

victoreia FTW!!!

9. bookmonstercats says:

Hah!!

10. where’s teh close up on pic #2 with that adorable smile on this little swiffer of doom?

11. Fird Birfle says:
  12. Awesome pics!

13. doomchild says:

The first is my favorite! I can nearly hear the “Judoooooooo CHOP!” squirrel-scream as the Magnificient Dragon of the Flying Ninjasquirrels attacks its prey.

14. He has perfect-form rear haunch splayage. In mid-air, no less!

15. Some say the world will end in fire,
    Some say in ice.
    But if I were the main decider
    I’d perish by a sugar glider
    And if by that I were not smitten
    I think I know enough of cute
    To know that for destruction kittens
    Are also nice
    And would suffice.

(With apologies to Robert Frost)

16. HAW

17. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

This is a flying squirrel and not a sugar glider. Sugar gliders have very strong, distinct stripes on their faces and this guy doesn’t.

18. You mean a flying skwerl? :)

19. GERONIMO!!!

20. I always wonder if Geronimo jumped out of a plane, he would yell “MYSELF!”?

21. Aw, his little flappies of doom look so soft!!

22. :lol:

23. Fird Birfle says:

*snerkity*

24. Fird Birfle says:

Also:

Source The custom of yelling “Geronimo!” before jumping off of something originated as a battle cry adopted by the 82nd Airborne U.S. Paratroopers in WWII, who are said to have gotten it from watching the 1939 movie “Geronimo” about the famous Apache leader.

Sources: 1.StraightDope.com – http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1119/why-
    2.EtymOnline.com – http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=geronim

25. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

But, of course!! ;-)

26. He looks like one of those dog toys that come without the stuffing!

27. proof that the world won’t end in 2102: Marty McFly travels to 2015 in Back to the Future.
    Impossible if the world had ended.
    :D

28. bob drummond says:

Geronimo would probably have to think that one over before he jumps in which case the guy behind him would probably push him out !!!

29. Kari Callin says:

Calling Pika-cute! Attack!

30. fish eye no miko says:

I think there is a joke like this in some movie…
    Guy #1: “Geronimo!”
    Guy #2: “Geronimo!”
    Geronimo: “Me!”

31. “Swiffer of doom” LMAO

32. Does that mean I’ll have to keep paying my mortgage, after all? *pouts*

33. Mary (the first) says:

Whew!!! That’s a relief!! :D

34. Hehehe Cocoa in all her glory. FINE photography Miriam! Few realize what talent it takes to catch those in flight pictures.

35. *wild enthusiastic applause*

36. Flutterby says:

They are excellent pictures! I have to wonder what it’s like having a flying skwerl inside the house?! Sugar gliders are fairly nocturnal, but does Cocoa fly all over the house all the time or just when released for playtime and exercise?

I took care of my friend’s sugar gliders for a week and one evening, they jumped out of the cage and onto my lap and proceeded to scamper about. Thought I’d never catch them, but all it took was a piece of avocado and they came right to me, little stinkers!!!

37. can we have lunch first?

38. There should be a Glide-Hance of the smile on that glider’s face@!@#$#!

39. aaawwwww.

40. glad to help :)

also, I just noticed my typo… *blush*
    (I clearly meant 2012)

41. Fird Birfle says:

I d’know. Maybe you’re VERY healthy, tracylee :)

42. Fird Birfle says:

Actually, as a daughter of a career pilot, that was what immediately *DID* come to my mind; the detail and in-motion yet.

43. Ha, there were many “fur” shots. Some people let their skwerz roam free but many keep them in a cage for their own safety. Cocoa and her buddy Chip have playtime every night, which mostly involves running around the apartment hiding nuts. They run back to the cage when they get tired.

Cocoa’s smiling in that photo because she knows she’s about to get a cashew (-: Gliders are very cool and methinks Pyrit needs to create a glider/flyer face-off post. Avocado seems to be a cross-species favorite. We’ll all share pecan avocado sandwiches before the world ends.

44. Stosh 2011 in Costa Rica says:

Last Photo–FEET-sies…It don’t get any CUTER…

45. I’d have to say you don’t see this everyday. Adorable! 2nd photo says it all!

46. kibblenibble says:

The way these leetle cuties are constructed is fascinating! :-)

47. LOL! :lol: Repeatedly, with snorting!

48. Well played.

49. Oh, I wanna see that!

50. ILoveHarryPotterAndMyNameisMackenzie says:

:P i love flying squirrels :)

51. ILoveHarryPotterAndMyNameisMackenzie says:

:D

52. I am in awe..I never knew people had them as pets! How creative,,,,hay if it ends in 2012 think of all the animals in heaven we can talk to and find out what they really think of us humans! I look forward to the day when lion and lamb sit together, with me in between. WHAT FUN!!!