Spot On!

A breeder in Wales got more than she expected when her two-year-old dalmatian gave birth to an extra-large litter of fifteen. The breeder may be stressed out, but her granddaughter’s in puppy heaven. Story, more cuteness in The Sun.

Comments

1. Their names: Spot#1; Spot#2; Spot#3……….etc; etc; etc; :lol:
    Happy New Year!!!!!!

2. Something must be wrong with my vision. All I see are spots!

3. OK, which one of them is Spotted Dick?
    (and that’s a dessert, not a disease, so wipe those smirks off your faces)

4. I’ve always wondered what’s in Spotted Dick…..wish Hon Glad would come visit; he’d know!

5. This is what we in Wales call the Best. Rugby. Team. Evar.

They are especially good at spot kicks.

6. See Spot snooze. See Spot yawn. See Spot straytch. See Spot cuddle. See Spot piddle. See Spot (fill in verb heah). Great way to learn to read.

7. Red Toenails says:

See Spot run. See Spot sleep. See Spot spots. See the other Spots’ spots. Look who’s got spots and who has not. Ha! Okay, got a little bit carried away…teehee.

8. the store where I used to work sold it in a can… sooo many people bought it as a joke
    (never got old, though, chuckling at it… *snicker*)

9. I bet the parents’ names are Pongo and Perdie! :)

10. She needs to have a few more & you could name her Perdita!

11. The BREEDER may be stressed????? What about Mom? Extra helpings of everything for Mom…kibble, treats. ear scritches, belly rubs, smorgles, etc……

12. I think I’ve seen this movie.

A top to the breeder: When a crazy lady with salt and pepper hair rings the doorbell shrieking “Puppies!” slam the door shut and hide the dogs.

13. Oops, meant “tip.”

14. New life’s dream: cuddle with a whole giant litter of puppehs!

who am I kidding, that’s been my life’s dream forever

15. Rats! First comment of the new year, and I’m in the mod lounge. Wait! I spy an unopened bottle of champagne.

16. Alice Shortcake says:

Cute pics, but I refuse to visit the ‘Sun’ website. It’s a loathesome little rag pandering to loathesome little minds.

17. also: totally worth the clickthrough to the story – more cute pics, including the reporter being eaten alive by one of these dangerous monsters :)

18. Cute yes but there are already so many without homes we just dont need to breed more <3

19. *shriek*

20. i know i thought the same thing but didnt wannt be a nuffer. maybe they dont have a large unwanted pet problem in wales.

21. Once again I have learned something new thanks to CO. And Theresa, of course. :)

22. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a happier kid! I wanna be buried in puppies!

23. Flutterby says:

Theresa, thanks for clearing up the ‘spotted dick’ thing above. Learn something new here every day. I would never order anything named spotted dick aloud and after learning the ingredients, *ulp*….

24. This is my sons favorite movie!!! How cut they are:)

25. I’m sorry, but the breeder’s stressed out? What about the poor mama!

26. i can’t find the momma!!

27. Don’t let any crazy bicolor-haired women get near the puppies! She just wants a Dalmation coat!

28. baby birdie says:

Finally, a 101 Dalmatians reference!

29. baby birdie says:

Was the mom’s name Perdita, by any chance? ;)

30. Kari Callin says:

Brown spot, black spot…Hey, you took MY spot!

31. I see it in the gourmet market near me–they have an aisle of British foods. Heinz makes a can of spotted dick. I’m not much for canned pudding, but it looks harmless enough…

32. Oh bless the poor tired Momma! FIFTEEN puppies?!?! Owners, please give that sweet Momma dalmation extra treats and loads of vitamins–I’m exhausted just thinking about having 15 puppies! Whew!

And that little girl is just adorable. Look at her perfect little red cheeks. This is such a sweet photo.

33. When I was a child we had a Newfie who got pregnant with fifteen puppies and unfortunately it killed her a few days before she would have given birth. The vet said the sheer weight of fifteen puppies inside her crushed her lungs. He said it was a one-in-a-million thing.

34. SlaveToCat says:

That’s one big bowl of Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.

35. The mom in the book was Missis Pongo. Perdita was a stray that the Dearlys took in to help Missis feed the pups.

36. There’s Lucky, Roly Poly, Patch, Cadpig (the only ones named in the original book)…

37. Haaaa, I was going to do it if no one else had yet.

38. *bows in awe of Theresa’s mad scholarly skillz*

39. Psssst! Didn’t you see the hovertext? (Unless you’re on an iGadget; then you’ve got an excuse…..)

40. Yeah! Someone else who’s read the book! Literary types rule!

41. cellarmouse says:

hah…

42. cellarmouse says:

i’m a yank but i live in the info age…is the ‘sun’ one of rupert murdoch’s evil tools?…

43. rescue gal says:

Yup- moderation. I think I have only ever had one comment posted.

44. cellarmouse says:

why, dear?…

45. Fird Birfle says:

46. Fird Birfle says:

YAY for being eaten alive by a dangerous puppeleh!!!

47. Fird Birfle says:

I like where you got carried away, to, though :)

48. Fird Birfle says:

8-O ;)

(“See Spot piddle”??? !111!!!!)

49. Fird Birfle says:

re wiki re s.d.:

useful to know

however

While I am, in general policy, a confirmed Brit-o-phile ….my verbal assessment of the s.d. is
    an emphatic and scornful “ehn”.

victoreia can have mine.

Signed,
    With all due respect, P.U.

50. Ask Theresa’s mom about that one, Fird. :) According to her, all pets do is bathroom doodie.

51. Fird Birfle says:

“book”?? “what’s a ‘book’??” ;)

52. Fird Birfle says:

Ah-so, deska !!! Gracias, senora :)

53. leaves of cat grass says:

this should be a jigsaw puzzle. omg i just totally came up with a new product line for CO!

54. I’m an Australian and all I can do is apologize for our country inflicting Rupert on the world.

55. That is so sad. I am so sorry Meaghan.

56. That’s exactly what I’m asking!!

57. The Original Jane says:

No, it’s Twister.

58. Agree. The term “steamed suet” causes a shudder!

59. hilarity_ensues says:

Nope! In the Disney movie, Perdy actually had 15 puppies, too! Yes I am a Disney nerd and I’m not afraid to say it!

60. dogsleder says:

Sweet little pups, yes. However, click on The Sun article link and take a look at the Mother dog’s face. The perfect poster photo for Spay/Neuter.

61. Fird Birfle says:

Oh, Meaghan. Wow that must have been a heartrending event for everybody involved. The Newfoundland breed are some fairly chunky peeps.

*is very sad for Meaghan and the momma dog*

62. Fird Birfle says:

WINS!!!!

63. bookmonstercats says:

For under Firdie and 6Rabbits.

SD is very good, provided it’s steamed until it’s very light, which takes HOURSt. Then it’s heavenly, with custard.

If not, varnish it and use it as a door stop, which is the fate most of mine suffer.

64. bookmonstercats says:

I have to admit to a guilty pleasure, which is the Sun’s front page headlines. They are often awesome.

*shifty eyes*

65. bookmonstercats says:

Not a pedigree breeding bitch, dogsleder, not any time soon, I suspect. Those puppies are a serious paying business.

Hopefully, since she looks like a nice lady, the breeder won’t let Mamaspot have another planned pregnancy until she’s had a good, long rest from this lot.

66. And see all the piddle spots.

67. bookmonstercats says:

I’ve just joined you, jujube, for using the b*tch word (in context, of course). Tip that bottle of champagne my way, willya?

68. Huge Nuffer here. Cute, yes, but don’t be fooled. I’m sure there are very nice ones out there, but dalmatians can be nasty beasts, prone to biting.

69. Thank God! Someone else read the book. It drives me insane when people call Pongo’s mate Perdita bc the Disney movie got it wrong. His mate was Missus, the Darlings found a runaway dalmation who was lactating, and called her Perdita; she helped nurse the puppies, and later Perdita was reunited with her own mate.

Sorry if I’m a little nuts about this, but I LOVE that book.

70. @ Fird: I thank you for your consideration, but I believe I will save it for the next commentroversy (sp?). *rummages for pudding launcher*

71. Not to mention *her* puppies, who got stolen by (or was it sold to?) Cruella.

72. *clutches pearls* Oh, the horror!

73. Mod lounge? What’d I say? *wanders over to the buffet table*

74. Katherine says:

*Missus*

75. I’m like that myself, to be honest. Put your hand near my mouth and I’ll have it.

76. I’ve spotted Dick…he’s over there *points*

77. Fleurdamour says:

Octodog – If you click thru to the Sun article, poor mama dog looks over it.

78. Amen – lots of pampering for the Momma dog!

79. weasel wardancer says:

That’s right. In the book it was Pongo and Missus. Perdita was the lost Dalmation brought in to help nurse the large litter of puppies. I guess Disney thought that Missus needed a “real” name so appropriated Perdita.

80. weasel wardancer says:

Perdita’s pups were sold. The Dearly’s litter was the only one stolen. That’s why they get to keep all the puppies in the end.