Darn, That Was a Dom Pérignon ’85, Too

We just couldn’t end 2011 without a visit from our new best friend, Zooniversity’s quilled quipster, Teddy Bear. Looks like Teddy’s been hitting the corn — and the champagne bottle — a little early this year. Relive Teddy’s past words of wisdom on our Teddy page.

1. JustAnotherHeather says:

Why isn’t there a sitcom starring Teddy? I couldn’t make out what Teddy was saying, but it sure beats Two and Half Men. The Teddy Show!

i can only hope they will continue with the seasonal clips. Will Teddy have a Valentine made out of a sweet potato? What about St. Patrick’s Day with a wee little hat?

2. kibblenibble says:

This is SO silly. What did we ever do before the interwebs? :lol:

3. Scribbled on cave walls with burnt sticks?

4. Fird Birfle says:

to victoreia (and anyone else interested, as well :) ):

5. Have you seen the Teddy videos that are captioned? Couldn’t believe that Teddy could be any better.

Thank you Teddy! My family will now randomly cry out “quit that!”, or “mine!”, or “heeeey!” in a high pitched voice.

Please keep the Teddy videos comin’. I thing he needs to do one for every holiday: Valentine’s Day, Groundhog Day, St Patrick’s Day… Yes, ALL of them!

6. OMG OMG OMG Go back to :33 secs, after he knocks over the bottle. Wait for it, wait for it…he says, “who cares?”

7. You’re so right! Also, after Teddy’s mom says “Too much corn?,” Teddy says “Not enough.”

8. Kariann64 says:

Too adorable! Didn’t know porcupines made such adorable noises and such total concentration and joy over a half ear of corn! Made my day!!

9. This is how religions start! I hear ‘backpack’, ‘mukluk’, and ‘miiiine!’.

10. I thought that’s what he said. Teddy’s got to get his priorities straight… bubbly first then corn!!!

11. Me Too ! OMG !

12. I loff him so much!!!!!

13. Teddy’s New Years Resolution: MORE for MEEEE!

14. That was my sister’s resolution last year – worked perfectly well, since she usually cared more for others than herself. So good choice, Teddy :)

15. SweetMartha says:

I love Teddy!! He makes the cutest sounds when he eats :D He also makes anything he’s eating look so delectable…

Also, does anyone else really find the Teddy’s keeper/lady’s voice really pleasant? It’s so sooothing….and she annunciates really clearly :D

16. Yes, she does enunciate really clearly but I still find her voice annoying and would prefer to hear only Teddy :-))

17. I find her voice annoying, too. There’s something smug about it that is unpleasant.

18. Oh no, I have to say it (since someone else brought it up): I’ve always thought that she sounded condescending to Teddy, I don’t know, like she wasn’t in awe of him as we are. I would like her interjections better if they sounded less like they were scripted and more like a CO’er would sound, with the blithering idiotness I would bring to the Teddy franchise! :D

They do need someone to banter with him, though. Perhaps let someone else have a go at it? You know, since it’s all about what EYE want! :P

19. Fird Birfle says:

yay Teddy, yay Teddy’s humans, yay ceejoe and yay Angel!!!

20. Thanks, Ceejoe, for bringing a little humanity and humility to our CO site. We can all learn to be a little more forgiving with our fellow humans who share this awesome globe with us. And please to remember, sounds are in the ear of the beholder. What sounds like condescension to one will sound like soft, soothing words to another. Here’s our chance to embrace all of us, and especially to embrace our own little pet peeves. They may not be fuzzy and cuddly, but those pet peeves especially need love to free them to go away. Bless you all and Happy New Year.

21. Hear, hear, ceejoe!

22. I think she sounds awesome! Very droll and nice. Not doing baby-talk, which is probably what a lot of people hear want…

23. I don’t think she sounds condescending… Not every animal needs to be talked to like they are babies. In fact, not many of them do (as adults at least)… To me Teddy is more like a grumpy old man who couldn’t care less what you think of him as long as you bring enough corn.

24. Can we all stop and think about how she is a real person, with feelings, and she is kind enough to take the time to share Teddy with us? Just because someone posts something on the internet, does not mean we have the right to start insulting them. Shouldn’t we still be subject to rules of common decency to each other? Ok, I will get off my soap box now, but not before I say that I think her voice is just fine, and thank your for posting Teddy’s videos!

25. no way,..
    her voice brings out the best in Teddy

give me more

26. I like Teddy’s version of Auld Lang Syne!

27. “Oh, he wants that corn so much!”

28. If I enjoyed my vegetables that much, I’d be much more svelte than I am!

This was the perfect way to ring in a new year. Thanks CO/NTMTOM/Teddy’s videographer!

29. cellarmouse says:

yeah…mmm-hm…oh my goo’ness…yes,yes…fer shur…o.k.,i had a li’l bubbly…yum…i luv corn…doesn’t mean i’m silly…hic…

30. Mary (the first) says:

@approx 1:00 .. *fling* “I don’t need no stinkin’ plastic champagne glass!” Too funny…

31. Watching Teddy is the perfect way to start the new year!

32. Teddy! Teddy! Teddy!…. has his own page! I luv Teddy!

33. LOL… checks glass.. hey no more corn licker… Flings glass out of the way… Where’s MY CORN!!!

34. jugglegeese says:

Who knew that porcupines make such cute noises.

35. Tee hee! Those funny sounds are hilarious!

36. He is beyoooooooooooooooon adorable!

37. Erm, I meant “beyooooooooooooooooooooond”….

38. I swear, a couple of times it sounded like he said, “Quack quack” like maybe he was trying to trick us into thinking he is just a prickly duck or something.

39. Fird Birfle says:

This is VERREH [dramatic pause here] “CORNY” :)

*ba-dum-TISH* !!!!

40. Fird Birfle says:

41. 260Oakley says:

Let us sing a chorus of Auld Lang Pine while we remember the days of spines and roses. Teddy is obviously already enjoying a happy new ear.

42. Rim shot, Oakley. Good job.

43. Snort!

44. BAM! Way to kick off 2012, Oakster!

45. Niiiice one, Oakley!

46. “quilled quipster” – very good Mike!

47. Good morning COers, and a very Happy New Year! Fresh pot o’coffee to cure the hangovers, anyone? :)

48. Do we have to be in the Mod Lounge to partake? :)

49. That reminds me! Brunch Buffet, peeps, with Mimosas! :D

50. What a great way to start off the new year! Teddy totally rocks!!!

51. he just dismisses that glass

be gone!

52. LOL!

“bring me my corn! and a bit of floss! chop, chop!”

53. After he knocked over the bottle and she said, “Uh oh!” didn’t Teddy say “Too bad?”

54. That’s what I heard, too.

55. I freaked out thinking Teddy said Oh No, then realised it was her

56. Nothing like a huge guffaw to get my New Year off to a humorous start :~)

57. First, why doesn’t every family in America have a porcupine as a pet?
    Second, Teddy is having a better New Year’s Day than I am.
    Third, get Teddy some more corn, and hold the bubbly!

58. Alice Shortcake says:

Dammit, chanpon, what have you got against the English? I live in Yorkshire and I WANT MY OWN PORCUPINE! I don’t care if they aren’t native to England – neither are coypu and Norfolk is full them!

59. 8O

60. Just re-watching other Teddy videos – did anyone notice that Teddy talks like Snoopy??

61. bob drummond says:

you know something Chanpon, U R right – Teddy does sound like Snoopy !!

62. Flutterby says:

Teddy seems a little more verbose and maybe a tad crabbier with champagne…mixin’ the grape and the grain?

Kidding really, he’s just as affable as can be, little chatterbox!!

63. Fird Birfle says:

*Best vocabulary word for 2012* “affable” Prize, to Flutterby!!

64. Red Toenails says:

Drunk as a skunk!

65. woofy's ma says:

Who knew porcupines were so chatty. I love Teddy. Yes! That’s Snoopy’s voice. More Teddy – I agree – I’d watch him any day over Two and Half Men or any of the junk that’s on.

66. I loff him. I loff that he will let the person do anything including put a hat on him to get….CORN!!!

67. S.J. Hartsfield says:

I am 90% convinced that Teddy is a Jim Henson creation.

68. Teddy also wished his fans a Merry Christmas!