Play “Freebird,” Man!

Actually, this pup would probably rock out to just about anything: “Stairway to Heaven,” “Mrs. Robinson”… but he clearly doesn’t like the sound of silence.

Comments

1. A rocking dog… Who knew!?

2. alwayscataddict says:

a dog rocker….!

3. Oh my goodness, this video is going to keep me in smiles for a week!! This fur baby smiles and actually “rocks” to the music…awesome!!

4. Is this sponsored by Bud Light? ;)
    Very funny, towards the end I got a flash of the dog in the movie Up. Doug and his love of squirrels. This dog kinda reminds me of him……

5. Is this a viral Bud Light commercial?

6. Love this dog’s smile! We’re actually running this in our 6 o’clock newscast tonight (yup, work at a tv station)

7. Dogs love music. It’s how their inner wolf responds to the instinct to howl.

When I was a pup myself, and learning to play the trumpet, my best buddy Foster (coonhound) would force himself into the room when I was practicing and start howling along. It drove my parents nuts. Imagine a 14-year-old would-be musician and a frustrated hound dog forced to be a house pet, together torturing the harmonic series for hours. But it was a wonderful bonding moment for us, every time.

Sadly, Foster was hit by a car at way too early an age. But then as if on cue, a friendly bassett hound who lived about a quarter down the road took up the mantle, and sang along with me until I went off to music school.

I still play today, and when I go to my friend’s house to rehearse, Zöe (labrador/pit mix) is always there for us.

My cats, on the other hand, were always torn between sympathy for my obvious pain, and giving me space to vent my apparent discomfort.

8. Fleurdamour says:

Shine on, you crazy diamond dog.

9. Transpogue says:

Oh, viral marketing. Still cute, though I wish it was for a decent beer.

10. Darn you, Mike. I’m now obsessively trying to imagine what “Stairway To Heaven” would sound like if Simon and Garfunkel covered it.

11. People, people do not get distracted by unimportant details like beer or advertising.

It’s a rock loving cute doggie!
    Rock on doggie!
    Rock on!

12. Many years ago, when I had a dog (the most cuterest adorablest dog on Earth), she hated me playing my guitar. She would bark and bark in protest and if I ignored her pleas to stop she would go an pee in the corner.
    Everybody’s a critic!

13. Yes it does. Quite adorable!

14. Blue Footed Booby says:

Back when I was a kid and first learning to play the cello, it was fall and the back door was open with the screen door closed. I was practicing (I can’t imagine how bad it sounded, but my parents applauded with great enthusiasm) and I noticed that squirrels were pressing their faces up against the screen to see what was making those noises. There were seriously about six standing there, totally transfixed.

My neighbor’s daughter also played cello, a bit better than me (read: she was playing some of Bach’s concertos at age 7 and ended up going to Julliard). Her german shepard would howl along with the music. On still days you could hear it from outside. It was hilarious.

Man this is good rum. I heartily recommend Kraken. Good stuff.

And I love this site. Always so friendly. If you need me I’m gonna be rocking out with that dog.

15. Cheers, BFB. I’m still in moderation after leaving a similar comment earlier, but I share your enthusiasm for musical dogs and good alcohol.

Everyone says great things about the Moderation Lounge, but I’d much rather be on the Comment Train.

16. I wonder if “coonhound” put me in moderation. I know it’s not an AKC-registered breed, but they’re wonderful dogs. Brave, tenacious, and fiercely loyal and affectionate. I loved Foster, and I believe he loved me. Moderate that. Also, cucumber, Scunthorpe, cockerel.

17. The Original Jane says:

“They call me Mellow Yellow (quite rightly)…”

18. was it my imagination or was the dog boppin’ his head along with the music? I love this doggie… and I love rock and roll, always did and always will. rock on pup!

19. No stereo system is complete without a golden receiver. Or a woofer. Throw in a parakeet and you’ve got a tweeter as well.

20. Now that’s a sound system!!!
    …or after school at my house (when my daughter plays her music, and the pets add their two cent’s worth)!

21. Carla Oliveira says:

OMG. This is why, when I do get a dog, it will be a golden. And ditto on the Doug comment. Love that movie!

22. Hm…anything in particular lend itself to midranges?

Sound engineers. They lurk among us.

23. Holding up flaming bic lighter

24. haw!!

25. LOL. LOVE THIS. God I love goldens.There’s only a joint missing… lol.

26. Yeah, but you still haven’t liberated my OP, Sharpy. That came from the heart, that did. Did I mention that I loved Foster?

Of course, if you’re “in process” as we speak, this comment is unnecessary, and as moderator, you can delete it.

27. Not a John Cage fan, I’d guess.

28. Now I will be busy all day imagining six maniac squirrels pressing their faces up against some screen … How am I supposed to do some decent work when my head is full of little nut eaters?????

29. What’s with the bud light ? is this a cute overload or a bud light commercial? this could of been cutter if the beer was not in the way!

30. Bud Light commercial?

31. snorglepup says:

I too was distracted by the beer can, then I learned to appreciate the reflection of guitar player in it. Just go with it…

32. This seriously made me smile. I lof happy doggies.

33. Fird Birfle says:

YAY Donovan Phillips Leitch (born 10 May 1946) !!

*shakes pom-poms boisterously*

34. LOL!!!

35. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Happy goggie… sad goggie. Happy goggie… sad goggie. Wonder how much time this guy spends on his guitar every day to keep his doggeh happy?

36. Tres cute! What a contagious smile !!

37. Doggie’s got rythm!

38. The Original Jane says:

Thanks for throwing me a bone FB! :)

I thought, he’s a yellow lab and mellow, how clever of me….then, no replies. (mumbles as I shuffle away)

39. snoopysnake says:

This reminds me of when a former coworker told me that every time her husband would put Van Halen on the stereo, their Golden Retriever would start humping the couch. Don’t know if he smiled like this one does, though.

40. I <3 1:05!!!

41. The cynic in me suspects that someone’s rubbing the dog’s belly in time with the music.

However, the cynic in me has withered away while watching this video to about 10%, compared with the other 90%, which chooses to live in a world where this dog is rocking out.

42. Who gives a flying rat’s patottie about the beer? I never even noticed it until everyone started commenting on it. This dog is ROCKIN’ OUT to the guitar sounds of his human companion! It doesn’t get better than that, people. Thanks CO for posting this video. You rock!

43. Espilonarge says:

1 2 3 o’clock, 4 o’clock dog!
    5 6 7 o’clock, 8 o’clock dog!
    9 10 11 o’clock, 12 o’clock dog!
    We’re gonna rock around the dog tonight! :D

44. hilarious!

I can never get enough musical dogs – singing, dancing, and now this? So awesome.

45. AHAHAHAHAH!!! Adorable and hilarious!!! He was NOT pleased when the music stopped. FLUFFFF