THIS JUST IN: Maru times three!

Triple the annoyance!
Triple the tail twitchingks!
Triple the fluffy guttural regions!
Triple the mirror-pawing!
Triple the confused, yet somehow smug face!

Suggested via our Twitt-ta-ru (Japanese for Twitter) by a woman who’s name I can no longer find!

Comments

1. “Who is that handsome devil? And – – who is this handsome devil?”

2. Kari Callin says:

I can’t tell if he’s pawing at himself…or he thinks it’s a giant glass box and he’s trying to claw it open! LOLOL

3. As always, Maru is half cat, half performance artist.

4. Trifecta of tummies

5. DaytimeDeb says:

I wanna watch again…where’s the threepeat button?

6. Mary (the first) says:

I can hardly resist one Maru.. 3 is killingk me!!

7. there are 4 Maru’s, not 3….

8. Triple the kitteh fun

9. Maru is one…three of a kind!

10. “I can see them, but I can’t smell them! How do I get to them?”

11. He, and also he he!!

12. I’ve said it before. It bears repeating. I LOVE MARU!!

13. dragonfliesdrawflame says:

I have noticed that at least some dogs will look at anything but their reflection, even if you hold them before a mirror. It is interesting that Maru is willing to engage with the mystery of the mirror.

14. Quick! Send 3 boxes!

15. But they’re cousins,
    Identical cousins, and you’ll find,
    They laughs alike, they talks alike,
    They jumps into a box alike,
    You can lose your mind,
    When cousins are three of a kind!

16. Better make it six, so they can wear three boxes as capes while they jump into the other three.

17. My dear departed Steve used to play with the kitty in the mirror, but her little coconut would have probably ‘sploded over something like this.

18. I was kinda hoping for a Black Swan moment when one of the Marus did something that wasn’t in sync with the other two…

19. exACTly what I was thinking … thanks T.U.M. you lyrical genius you!

20. Spelling mom says:

by the way, the caption should be “whose” not “who’s”.. sorry .. it had to be said

21. Taaaaaaaiiiiilllllll

22. Maru cubed. love times three!

23. Fird Birfle says:

Oh, Maru. You had me, at “Maru” !!!!

24. Tina Kurfurst says:

Well, that’s what I thought. But then I’m somewhat mathematically impaired. Maybe it’s only 3.5 Marus…

25. Did it seem to anyone else he was looking UP a lot? At least once he was looking at the camera (in one of the mirrors) but other times he was looking above his head, where his reflection would not have been. Could there have been another mirror overhead? Or was something on the wall behind him reflected in the mirror, that we cannot see?

I love Maru and am convinced his love of boxes is natural — all his staff (dogs have owners) has to do is put a box down and Maru will play with it. But some of his other antics are induced (I’m not complaining; there’s nothing wrong with giving animals stimulation to keep them active), and I just wonder if there’s something off camera in this one that we’re not seeing.

26. Martha in Washington says:

Maru is, of course, adorabuhls but seriously, will his owner come clean my house? How is it possible to have that clean a bathroom? Oh wait…do any men live in that house?

27. Martha in Washington says:

Also…is it a sad commentary on my life that THAT is what I noticed?

28. Martha, if this may console you, the pristine floors, walls, sofas (LEATHER SOFAS WITH NO SYMPTOMS OF CAT-SCRATCH DISEASE, IN A CAT-OWN HOME, FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! – sorry for screaming) is what makes me watch the Maru vids with so much jealousy (if that’s how you speel the word, English is not my first language) :)

29. Maru comes as a trinity? Or Trinity?

30. Now THIS is a 3 stooges remake I can get into !

31. Love the 1:04 look! It’s like “Hey, you two! Get out of here now! No need for the two of you, I’m enough. Get it? Now!”..

And six of those big round Maru eyes!! Uh-mazing! Hypnotizing!

32. Alice Shortcake says:

This is the only thing I don’t like about Maru’s videos. After watching one I feel as if I’m living in a filthy medieval cottage.

33. ?

34. It reminds me of water ballet. Maru mirror ballet!

35. ditto.

36. i don’t think he gets it.
    some kittehs know it’s them, some just don’t.
    my frances loooves to stare at herself in the mirror,
    a real narcisisst (sp?). maru doesn’t have that look.

37. My cats will sometimes stare at a spot behind me or above me. I have come to the conclusion that they just do it to mess with my mind.

38. Three Marooges!

39. Maru always moves with a singular purpose. He is slow, he is methodolical. He always cracks me up. When his Photo-secretary is filming him in slow-mo, it feels like Maru holds the earth’s gravity in his ginormous paws.

Also, FRECKLE! I want to kiss his nostical freckle.

40. Were all the other grammar Nazi comments deleted, or do they really not exist yet? :0 Anyway… Maru! So cute! I never thought a non-ginger kitty could bring so much love into my heart but Maru surpassed my expectations. I dieee!

41. Second the filthy medieval cottage–“Dennis, there’s some lovely filth over here.” It gives me hope that people CAN live cleanly, though.

42. Still further proof of the unfair, unequal distribution of wealth and resources in this world. Why does ONE person get THREE Maru’s while the other 99.999999999999999999999999999999999% get NONE?!

I say it’s time to Occupy Cute Street!

43. I’m the one who sent this in; Maru is one of my subscriptions on YouTube. I also subscribe to Simon’s Cat and keep watching some of his antics as well! (For this time of year, I recommend “Santa Claws” or “Sticky Tape”. Both are equally funny!)

44. Im thinking I want to borrow the reindeer hat for Maru.

Love his face, very curious.

45. I also LOVE MARU, Wend :D

46. 3.5 Maru’s… one mirror only shows tummy :)

47. Dawnkeyotie says:

Maru may be the best example of “cat” on the planet.

And his housekeeper clearly does nothing but clean and set the stage for Maru antics. Nice life if you can get it.

48. I was thinking exactly the same thing! It never happened, though… Or did it?

49. I “third” the lovin’s. <3 :)

50. I can’t believe that I’m saying this but has Maru lost weight? He’s looking kind of svelte.

51. My Maggie kitten jumped up onto my desk just as I started watching this video, as if to say “You want cute? You got cute!”

52. Many, many moons ago, some fellow-pilot friends and I were off on an expotition, and stayed overnight in the home of someone we had contacted through our pilots’ organization. There was a magazine in the room where we slept (on the floor, under the billiard table… It was An Adventure…) and in said magazine was a story about the adventures of a cat.

I have no idea who wrote it, or what the title was, but one of the claims it made was that, when cats stare at the ceiling like that, they’re actually seeing blue aliens slipping down through the spaces between the molecules. One of the cats’ jobs is to keep these aliens from annoying or harming their people.

BTW, the aliens hide by pretending to be wire coat hangers… The cats on rec.pets.cats.community have a similar concept, which they call ‘greeblings’.

53. I think Maru is trying to get the left mirror to open up. He keeps scratching at the seam between the two mirrors, even pawing at it, getting his claws in the seam, around 0:48. I think it opens like the one on the right, and, just like with his boxes, he’s trying to get inside! (IMHO) Clever cat! :-)

54. Oh my goodness, I just want to eat this cat its soo cute!!!!

55. I have to agree. It looks as if he is trying to find a way into the glass box the other poor kitteh is stuck in . :)

56. My Charlotte paws at the bathroom mirror as though she was trying to escape from Shawshank. She also watches me through the mirror. What I mean is that her seems to follow my movements using the mirror rather than looking at me.

57. Brilliant! Now we need to have the mirrors set up so we get Maru in Infinity!

58. Can we set up the mirrors to get Maru in Infinity?

59. I just know there’s more of me in there!

60. Emmberrann says:

And I fourth the lovin’s… Oh, Maru, Maru, Maru! You make us LAFFFFF!

61. Emmberrann says:

@kris: The spelling is nearly correct, but only if Frances is hissing at her reflection(s). It’s “n-a-r-c-i-s-s-i-s-t”.

62. Twitter is actually pronounced Tsoo’e’taah and written (ツイッター, tsuittaa) in Japanese. :)

63. 3P Patty-Caking…